Detention (Part Two)

Chapter Five (Detention: Part Two)

Perry

My eyes travelled towards the direction his eyes were focused, searching. Then all of a sudden, my blood ran cold.

There it was again, the white thing. It fluttered in the wind, gently at first then it slowly formed a shape until it became a figure in a stained long white billowing dress with very long, dark, and tangled hair.

There was no way I was really seeing that.

"Oh my God, there it is!" he gasped.

As soon as he spoke I bolted into the other direction. I wasn't going to stay there and watch. But unwittingly, my feet got tangled up on the straps of Harry Singer's bag making me topple over my chair and grazing my knee painfully as I landed on the floor.

Harry looked back at me, threw his head back and started laughing derisively.

"You know, you should probably maybe look again," he laughed and grabbed my arm, pulling me towards the window.

"What the hell are you doing?" I screeched as I tried pulling my arm back but still he pushed me towards the window's edge.

I screamed when I saw the ground from three stories down and flailed around like crazy.

"Just look over there!"

"No!" I shut my eyes and covered them with my hands.

Whatever it was, I didn't want to see it. Not when I'm starting to see this phantom in my mind that my wild imagination created. It was a woman, a woman in a long white dress and long hair covering her face.

I could see it turning around to face me and I could see its face. It was all gaunt and terrifying with hollow cheekbones and a skeletal face. It was creeping towards me.

So much for having overactive thoughts.

"Open your eyes," Harry Singer orders.

When I refused, he thumped me hard on the forehead. I glared accusingly at him. "What is your problem?"

He gave me an eye roll. "It was just an old curtain, you idiot. Look."

At that moment, I felt like a total idiot and my face flushed. It really was just an old white curtain being blown by the wind. How was I so stupid? I was ridiculous. How did I not realize that it was just a curtain?

Harry was already crumpled on the floor, clutching his stomach and laughing uncontrollably. I watched him as he tried to stop but he couldn't so he just burst out laughing more. He brushed away a tear from his eye and kept on laughing. Sighing, I pressed the heel of my palm to my forehead.