Gotcha

Chapter Fifteen (Gotcha)

Perry

That was easy. I thought I'd never have my book back. With a sigh of relief, I rounded a corner and checked on my sketchbook to see if he'd have tampered on anything because if he did I will seriously consider on castrating him the next time he shows his face to me.

I flipped open the pages only to find a blank page greeting me. Strange. I flipped again. Blank. My pulse started to race. Where had everything gone? This wasn't my book.

I furiously flipped through the pages until a small scrap of paper fell out and I bent to pick it up.

GOTCHA, it said.

I snapped the book shut and inhaled deeply.

That evil jerk! He got me. He got me good.

"Singer!" I screamed at the top of my lungs out of frustration.

I was fuming. How the heck did he even manage to produce a deceivingly perfect imitation of my book? Stomping back and ready to charge back at Harry Singer, my nose smacked straight into someone's shoulder. I stepped back and clutched my sniffer. Feeling a little dazed, I blinked and looked up to see the twins. Why do they always seem to pop up in the wrong time?

"Watch where you're going," Rusty sassed.

I eyed them up and down. "Where are you going?"

"Class, duh," he shrugged, adjusting the strap of his bag.

I had no doubt that what they keep in those bags were not school books or anything related to school at all. Stiles, who may have read my suspicions, gave me a goofy grin and hid his bag behind. I raised a skeptical brow.

I would have ignored them and stalked off like always, if I haven't noticed the troubled look on their faces. They looked gravely tired and pale, accentuated by the dark rims under their eyes.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked.

They both exchanged glances before looking back at me with a funny look.

"Yeah, we are," Rusty says with a hint of uncertainty in his voice. "Why'd you ask?"

"Is it wrong to ask?"

"Aw, I am touched," Stiles cooed, placing a hand over his heart. "She's worried about her brothers."

I sighed and recalled that they've been up all night again, as I've witnessed, wandering around which could explain the dark bags underneath their eyes.