Town

Chapter Twenty Five (Town)

Perry

There was one day each month where we were allowed to refresh, unwind, and leave the school premises to head to town. Everybody was thrilled for the weekend to come. Most of the girls were excited to be in their favorite boutiques once again to shop and max out their credit cards. But this time they'd be shopping for stuffs for the upcoming prom. What a lovely way to spend your weekend.

"Who's going to be your date for the prom?" Lobby asked while we waited for the bus to come pick us up.

Angie shuddered upon hearing the question and pulled her jacket tighter around her. "I'm going to be bringing myself and my appetite."

"I wonder what Angie would like in a dress," I whispered to Lobby.

Angie always wore her clothes a size or two bigger than her and we've never ever seen her in a dress before. She doesn't really like showing off her skin too much. She likes being all cozy and wrapped up – like today, even if the weather was quite warm. She's donned on her favorite blue jeans, a green sweater paired with an orange scarf and a huge blue jacket complemented by a white cap pulled down low over her long, dark hair. You'd think she was getting ready for a blizzard to come in the middle of a bright, sunny day.

"How about you, P?" Lobby inquired. "Who you gonna bring?"

Coincidentally, I happened to glance over my brothers who stood on the street right across from us and reconsidered my thoughts.

Students were pointing at them and whispering stuffs to each other. Rusty was looking fairly normal except for the weird contraption he was wielding around in his hand. Stiles unruly hair was accented, as usual, by his steampunk inspired modified night vision googles that you could clearly see all the way from where I stood. Oh, dear me. Why did they always have to attract attention looking like that?

My eyes narrowed suspiciously when some undesirable character trotted towards them. It was Harry Singer. He walked away from his own circle of friends and sauntered towards my brothers, swinging his arms over their shoulders as if they were the closest of friends.

"Hi, Perry!" Stiles hollered when he sees me.

They waved at me like crazy as if they were passengers aboard a cruise ship bidding me adieu, except for Harry. He remained still while facing my direction, his eyes concealed by his dark tinted shades. Luckily, the bus finally arrived and blocked him from my view.

First stop was Lobby's favorite shop, where she literally dragged Angie against her will to find a dress for her. Angie made vomit noises at the sight of sparkly, colorful dresses that Lobby was tossing at her straight from the rack.

"Hello, ladies," Daryl announces the moment he strode in with a fancy carrier bag.

I eyed Daryl's bag while Lobby shoved Angie into one of the dressing rooms again. "Where have you been and what is that?"