Matthew & The Moxleys

Chapter Twenty Three (Matthew & The Moxleys)

Harry

I didn't do anything. So don't blame me.

"Hey, Singer!"

Rusty Moxley. Oh, boy. I better disappear out of the scene now.

He charged straight up to me and shoved me by the chest. Rusty Moxley's always been a softie, now he was like a raging bull.

"What did you do?" he demanded indignantly.

Like I said, I didn't do anything. Why do I always get the blame?

"Don't touch me, Moxley," I said. "I did nothing."

I tried to go around him but he steps right up to blocks my way so I smile tightly and face him nose to nose, staring straight into his eyes, unfazed. Alright, if he wants to put up a fight then let's give him some.

"Then what's wrong with Perry?" he asks.

"It wasn't me," I told him. "Now let me pass or I will have to call my lawyer."

"Yeah, right," he said. By the look of his jaw setting and his fingers curling into a fist, I think he was about to hit me.

My eyes widened. I was ready to duck, swerve, and run off the other direction.

"I'll take it from here, Rust," Matthew suddenly appeared to save that day. I swear I could hear the angelic choir ascending down from heaven. I was relieved. Glad to have good friends on my side.

As I was about to rejoice and thank the Lord for sending him to save me from Rusty Moxley, I saw his fist zooming straight towards me before my vision temporarily blacked out. Multicolored stars were flying around in front of my eyes. What just happened?

Pressing on my cheek, I winced. I was just punched right in the face, right in the merchandise.

"Ow," I moaned. "What'd you do that for?"

"To knock some sense into you," Matthew says as a matter-of-factly.

Well, that does it. In two seconds, my fist connected into his pretty jaw, my knuckle cracking from the unexpected contact. Nobody punches Harry Singer. Not in the face, darling.

"Harry? What the heck?" he spats out, staggering backwards like some drunkard.

"You almost broke my face, dumbass!" I yelled and someone pulls me back to restrain me. "What was that for, huh?"

Matthew wiped the side of his lip and spat out blood into the ground. A devilish grin curled on my lips and I looked him straight in the eyes, inviting him to step closer for more. But instead, he takes something out from his coat pocket and tosses it towards me which I caught with one hand mid-air.