Girls and Gossips

Chapter Sixteen (Girls and Gossips)

Harry

Too bad Moxley had to leave. Man, I was beginning to enjoy her company. I like her. She's funny.

"Why are you hanging out with her?"

Dempsey was seething. I've almost forgotten about her. I thought I was just beginning to hear voices. Weird stuff happens to me all the time and lately, I've been feeling a little weird so technically it wasn't something new.

"Hey, how's it going, sweet?" I smiled.

She still had me under her glare and I think I was beginning to sweat underneath my collar. Geez, girls can be hella scary.

"You do know that it's bad rap for you to be seen with the likes of her, right?" Dawn tells me. "You should be hanging out with me more."

She loops her arm through mine and beamed, batting her lids at me. I casually shrugged off from her grip, smiling phonily so as not to be rude. "What's wrong with hanging out with, Pear? She's fun."

The smile washed off from her face and was immediately replaced by a frown. Whoa, that was fast.

"You have a nickname for her now?" she hisses, and I swear I could see a foam of venom forming on her mouth.

"Uh... No?" I blinked.

Her eyes turned into slits. God, she was hot even when mad. Though, I don't see the reason why she should be. "Are you and her...?"

She cocked her head to the side, waiting for an answer. Gee, she was terrifying. Terrifyingly hot, to be exact.

"You know what, I'm going to see you later," I jumping from my seat, sensing the upcoming eruption of Mount Dempsey.

"I am not finished talking, Harry," she fumed.

I held my hands up in the air as I began to walk away. "You know what? She and I are friends just like you and I are," I said. "So, give it a rest, Demps."

I gave her a wink and whirled around before the look of surprise in her face turns into a murderous rage. I chuckled to myself and shook my head. Chicks can be so clingy. What was I even thinking dating Dawn Dempsey ages ago? Oh, right. She was hot. But now she and I are nothing but history. End of story.

"Yo," Matthew, my right hand, greeted as I passed by him on the hallway.

I had no idea why but I paused to turn around. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to have run into Moxley, would you?"

He gave me a puzzled stare and scratched his head. "Which Moxley?"

I bit my lip. "OK, never mind."

He grins at me, shaking his head before stalking off the hallway.

I couldn't spot Moxley anywhere. I did caught sight of one of the Moxley brothers but it wasn't him that I wanted. Plus, Stiles was a doofus and I didn't want to pick up a conversation with him when all he's gonna talk about are aliens and flying spaceships. I really had no intentions to go look out for her but I was kind of hoping to see her along the halls and maybe, I don't know, piss her off some more. Smirking, I tapped the thin leather bound drawing book I had tucked underneath my coat. I can't wait to see the look in her face when she finds out it was a decoy she'd had all along.

I caught sight of her friends coming my way, looking confused and agitated and immediately hid myself behind a column as they pass. Surely, I could ask them of her whereabouts but it wouldn't be a good idea. Judging from the looks on their faces, I knew they've already figured something out. They'd kill me.

I waited around until they left and was about to step out when I hear female voices approaching.

"Oh, I just can't wait for prom night to come!"

Oh, sweet mother of Jesus. If I'm not wrong, I was hearing Paige Chase's voice or I am definitely having delusions hearing her voice in my head.

"I bet you're going to look fab on prom night, Paige," says the girl who was almost definitely Paige's clone. "Ooh, and I bet Harry's going to ask you out to the prom, too! You guys look totally great together."

"I know, like, totally!" Paige tittered in her annoying high pitched voice and stopped right in front of my hiding spot of all places. "Wait, I've got to powder my nose, Sasha."

I squeezed my eyes and tapped my foot impatiently as I prayed for them to leave and hoping they wouldn't notice me.

"Oh, and by the way, have you seen the crown they're going to be using for the coronation?" Sasha drones on, smacking on a gum she's been chewing as she twisted a strand of her hair. "It's got, like, real huge diamonds on it. Can you believe it?"

"I am so totally going to get that crown, you just watch," Paige smirks.

"Oh, but I heard that crown has a curse," Sasha suddenly whispers in a low voice and I don't normally listen to the occasional female gossips but I strained my ears to listen.

"What curse?"

"You've heard about the Curse of the Prom Queen, right?" Sasha asks. "Rumor has it that the girl who was prom queen went ballistic and killed herself on prom night years ago, leaving a curse on the crown that whoever wears it next – would also die next."

She blew a bubble with her gum and popped it with her mouth. "Or if not, she'll end up in the psych ward."

My brows knitted together. What kind of baloney are these chicks going on about?

"I don't care about any curses," Paige scoffs. "What I care about is getting the crown."

"Ooh, you go girl!"

Their footsteps echoed against the walls as they sashayed away, growing fainter and fainter as they left. I hung around the hallway a bit more until I decided to head off for class. I'm probably being missed in there.

Thank you for reading, lovely readers! Watch out for the next chapter! Don't forget to leave your vote/ feedback.