An Enemy In The Making

Hey, ghost buddies! Did you miss me? Nah, but did you miss Perry or even Harry? So sorry for the letting you wait so looong but here it is, guys. I hope you enjoy it.

Chapter Twenty (An Enemy in the Making)

Perry

I was in a good mood.

Why wouldn't I be? The sky was a cheerful blue, the sun feels nice on my skin, and the day seems good. Everything feels awesome.

Somehow, my so called friends found it odd and they stared weirdly at me during Chemistry.

"Why are you smiling from ear to ear?" Angie asks, carelessly pouring an acid solution to a flask.

"I don't know," I shrugged and inched away from her as acid splattered all over the table. "Is it against the law?"

Daryl narrows his eyes at me and poked me with a pencil. "It's strange. We've never seen this one before."

I gave him a faltering look and he scoots away from me.

"Is it true, then?" Angie asks.

"What's true?" I asked.

"You know," she says and cocks her head to the side. "Harry Singer?"

Instantly, all three of them stared at me, waiting for me to answer. My eyebrows bunched into a furrow and I adjusted my safety goggles over my eyes. "What about him?"

They glanced at one another, exchanging looks. Shrugging, they look back at me and began to softly chant, "Harry and Perry sitting in a tree, K – I –"

"No!" I exclaimed, my eyes going wide. "No, no, no! How many times do I have to tell you that whatever you're thinking is wrong?"

Daryl leans over the table. "Yeah right, because we're thinking you and him are dating," he grins.

"What?" I cried out. "Absolutely not!"

"Quiet down," Daryl hisses at me. "We were only asking."

"Where'd you even get that idea?" I asked.

"Everybody gossips, Perry," Lobby butts in, waving a forceps at me. "Rumors."

"And you believed them?"

Daryl sighs. "Well, we were just concerned as your buds," he says as if he even knew what the word 'concerned' was. "We all know Harry Singer. He's an asshole."

"Tell me about it," I muttered under my breath and took the flask from Angie in case she suddenly goes berserk and I don't know, burn the whole school, perhaps?

"He sent me off to the gym yesterday," Angie seethes while snapping off her gloves. "There was no tryouts practice. I didn't need to go to tryouts practice. I was already in the team! Why was I such a moron? And then I ended up running into half naked guys playing basketball!"