2

I woke up the next day with a fake smile and an act of being oblivious to the previous night. I rummaged through my closet before choosing an outfit. A pastel patterned sweater, black high waisted jeans and a pink beanie. Once I was dressed I put on my socks and went into the bathroom. My hair was tangled so I brushed it out.

To hide every flaw, as always, I lathered foundation and concealer across my face and set it with powder. There was nothing better than masking your face with makeup to feel even remotely close to beautiful. My mascara coated my lashes and my beanie was pulled onto my head.

With a slip of my shoes and a grab of my backpack I was headed out the door. I wasn't eager to necessarily get to school, but I was eager to see my friends of course. I sat in the front seat of my car and started it. Slowly I backed out and headed off in the direction towards my school.

As always, Niall was waiting outside of my English class. It was the first class of the day and we all had it together. We as in, me, Mack, Niall and Liam. My closest friends. Only Niall waited outside for me though. And only Niall and I went into the room to wait until school started. My teacher, Mrs. George, didn't mind either.

"Did you get the book?" I asked him curiously as we took our seats. He nodded and brought it out of his book bag. I smiled and did the same.

"Did you read the first chapter last night?" He asks me as he flips through the pages. He's not reading, but just playing with the flimsy compilation of papers. I shake my head, slightly upset that I didn't. I fell asleep from exhaustion and lack of water in my body.

"I didn't actually. I have to catch up tonight." I shrugged.

"You need to be doing your homework." Mrs. George butt into our conversation. I felt my cheeks heat up at her comment. She had been listening in this entire time.

"Sorry." I responded quietly, feeling embarrassed.

"You're fine. I'll just push the quiz until tomorrow." She went up to the board to erase the plan for the day. I sighed gratefully, knowing I won't have to fail a random pop quiz for once. I don't know how teachers did it but they had always managed to schedule pop quizzes when I was completely unprepared.

Unexpectedly, Liam barged in. Neither Niall or I were expecting it. Liam was usually close to being late every single morning. "Dani." He breathed as he practically ran over to us. His phone was sitting in his hand and the screen was on what looked like Facebook. I turned my head slightly as he shoved the phone in my face.

It was a post from Harry. I rolled my eyes before I even read it, knowing it was going to be some bullshit. "Dani's blog. How pathetic. http://unaccept-able.tumblr.com" My heart stopped immediately. The reason people did all of that last night was because of his post? How the hell did he even get the link to my blog?

"Kaylee." I said aloud, even though I didn't mean to. I pushed the phone away from my face and turned farther into my seat. My hand came up to shield my face, almost as if it was an instinct action. I felt a hand resting on my shoulder; it belonged to Niall.

"What?" he asked me confusedly. Apparently he hadn't been on Facebook. Neither had I; but that's because I refused to keep it activated since the stuff Harry started on it in 11th grade. He had everyone in on this, even if I was already friends with them.

I couldn't say that everyone hated me, because that wasn't the case. Infact, I had plenty of friends. It was just when Harry was around, no one would dare to go against him and they would join in or laugh along. Everyone except these three, which is why they are my closest friends and always will be.

"I uh, nothing. Don't click that link Liam." I demanded. He gave me an apologetic look and I stared up at him. He sat in the seat directly in front of me and grabbed my hand.

"I'm sorry Dani. We don't have to talk about it though." he shrugged his shoulders almost questioningly. I shook my head and let my grip of his hand loose. His lips puckered inwards, showing he was upset. I sighed and rolled my eyes at him. Again, I wasn't mad at him, only myself. This was my fault anyways.

"Niall, you better not." I warned him with an accusing finger. He looked as if he was holding his breath, thinking of how to respond to me. "Please." I breathed heavily.

"Fine." he finally gave in. I smiled, knowing I could trust him. For the rest of the period, and the rest of the school day I couldn't focus on anything. My mind was wandering. Should I change my URL? Or would they just find it again? My followers would be lost.. It seems stupid but my blog is my life.

As I walked down the hallway to the front of the school, a usual face stopped me in my tracks. "You look like an old man in that sweater." Harry chuckled at me, revealing his dimples. I shrugged it off and walked past him. "What, you're not going to say anything back? You too embarrassed?" He continued to tease me.

My eyes fluttered shut, annoyingly. Could he ever just give me a break? "You should at least get a bigger size, your fat rolls are showing through." He called after me as I walked farther away. I felt my tears well up as he spoke. Just ignore him Dannica. Just ignore him.

I finally made it to my car, safe and sound. I drove myself home only I find that my dad wasn't there. I wondered where he went since he didn't work today. My feet carried me up the stairs and I plopped down on my bed with my laptop. I logged into tumblr, as usual.

Instead of crying this time, I just read the messages as they were. There were no emotions behind it, just me reading whatever I wanted to. A specific message made me smile.

From iambatman-tho:

Hey there pretty girl. I know it may seem like it's the end of the world, but it's not. I know these are your secrets, but they're everyone's too. I know you just want to be beautiful and you are. So before you put that knife to your wrist, that gun to your head, that rope to your neck, those pills to your mouth- remember that there are always people who care. He will be out of your life in a few months babe. Ily forever :) x

I knew it was Liam just by the URL name. The smile beaming on my face wouldn't wipe away. He knew I was slightly angry at him because he read it, even if it wasn't his fault. He could just pretend like he saw nothing and keep everything hidden from me- but he didn't. It was the most heartwarming message I'd recieved in awhile.

I continued to go through the messages, not minding anything else. All that was on my mind was how supportive my best friend was. I felt almost, happy, for once. There was a rustling downstairs; my dad must be home. I quickly hopped off of my bed, opened my door and stepped down the stairs. I caught myself near the bottom, nearly tripping and fumbling around.

Shockingly, a girl who had to be quite a few years younger than my dad was standing near the staircase. I embarrassedly wiped my hands on my pants, "getting rid of dust", if you will. She eyed me up and down before smirking my way. Her body was slim, yet big in all of the right places if you catch my drift.

Her head jerked in the other direction, catching me off guard. Quickly attatched to her hip, my father came next to her and looked at me. "Hi dad." It almost sounded like a question, my voice failing me completely. He smiled and wrapped his arm over her shoulder.

"Hi Dani. This is Maria." he introduced me to the busty woman. She proceeded by waving her petite fingers in a mocking manner. I felt my eyebrows furrow together, my dad quickly taking note of my expression. He grabbed me by the arm and practically dragged me up the stairs. He smiled meekly back at the woman before heading into my room with me. The door slammed shut.

"Who the hell is that?" I asked him in an obnoxiously loud tone. He looked at me with anger filling his eyes, answering through gritted teeth.

"I told you that's Maria." he growled. Instantly he softened up, slouching a bit where he stood. He paced around side to side, obviously nervous to continue speaking. "Listen Dani. I know mum was a big part of our life. But we all have to move on eventually. I met her at work last week and having taken her out twice, including today, I have to say that I am enoying myself."

"I can see why." I scoffed. My feet quickly paced towards the door, opening it and pointing for him to leave. He rolled his eyes and eagerly left my room. The door was once again slammed shut, this time locking it. There was no way a young, busty woman was going to replace my mother. No way, no how.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE:

Both of the blogs are real. I am currently in the process of adding the posts that will lead up to this story, and once I have that done (hopefully by tonight, 8/26/13) then I will add along with it as the story goes. :) Hope you're enjoying so far~ ♥