27

"God Dannica you really are the sweetest thing." he shook his head happily, smiling to himself. I bit on my lip and looked down at the bed, tracing the threaded pattern within the blanket. "Why did this ever have to happen?"

"The heck if I know. But I guess it all ended up working out, right?" I said softly, not looking back up at him.

"What do you mean?" he asked curiously, adjusting himself on the bed. The bed creaked when he moved but I tried to hold back my giggles. I pursed my lips to the side and looked up at him with my eyes, not moving my head.

"I'm just saying that if you never felt bad for me you wouldn't have messaged me and I like it better this way. Even if you care because you want to make it up to me, you still care. It's nice."

"Don't say I don't care completely on my own will." he scowled at me.

"Well you kind of only did this because you felt bad for me, what am I supposed to think? You're making this so confusing." I pouted, becoming overly frustrated with everything.

"Do I need to explain this better?" he asked sternly and I nodded once, "Look. I did feel bad because you were doing that because of me. But when I saw your blog.. I just. I don't know, I had to make sure you were actually okay. I wanted to, no wait. I needed to be your sanity. And it just so happened that somewhere along the way-"

"I fell in love with you, you asshole." I cut him off angrily.

"I didn't."

I felt myself choke on nothing as he said that. He didn't? Is he just leading me on further because this is about the time where I put my foot down and willingly beat the shit out of him. It isn't some stupid game he thinks he can play with me. "And that's exactly what I should have expected to hear from you." I faintly spoke, holding back my spilling tears as I stood up from the bed to leave the room.

"Dannica please," he reached out for my arm.

"Stop!"

"No, listen to me." he demanded, pulling me back by my arms. I fell onto the bed and he wrapped his arms around me, holding me in place so I wouldn't leave. I squirmed around, kicking a bit so I could get loose. His head came around my neck so his voice was right in my ear. "Look. I don't even know what falling in love is. Do you? Because I sure as hell don't. I don't know what it means to fall in love with someone, but believe me when I say I'm pretty damn close to it babe. Trust me, I am."

"Don't call me that." I spat back at him.

"Babe."

"Leave me alone."

"Dani."

"Harold."

"Wow, using full names I see." he kept his grip around me as I continued to struggle with clawing his arm and pulling it away from me. I felt his chuckles beneath me the longer I tried.

"I don't even know anymore." I settled down, relaxing completely under his grip. He relaxed too, pretty much letting go of me.

"I do." he calmly whispered.

"What?" my tone matched his.

"I love you."

"Harry..."

"Be mine."

"Oh, fuck off." I pushed his arms back, standing up and walking back over to the doorway.

"Please." he pleaded.

"I can't!"

"Why?" he challenged me as if I had no actual reason to say no.

"I don't know! I mean for one, I can't trust you!" I shook my head angrily, tapping my foot as I held the door handle.

"You don't have to."

"I will never forgive you."

"You don't have to."

"I don't love you." I bit my tongue.

"You know you do." he shook his head at me.

"You don't love me."

"I just said I did."

"Yeah well, you say a lot of things." I glared at him and he winced back, knowing what I meant. I nodded my head at him, knowing I won this time. I couldn't be his. I couldn't go out with him. I had too many reasons why I shouldn't.

*"Dannica. Te quiero más que a nada en el mundo entero. Eres tan perfecta y hermosa, no puedo explicarlo. No necesito que me perdones, sólo necesito que me des una oportunidad. Sólo una oportunidad y yo le hará olvidar todo lo que he dicho." (translated at the end sorry x ♥)

"Do you think calling me beautiful is going to make up for the pain?" I asked him, my head tilted to the side.

"Never."

"Do you think that talking in spanish is going to impress me?"

"I was hoping so." he smiled, making me giggle a bit. I was being serious but it was quite adorable that he thought it'd help appeal to me better.

"You want to know something?" I asked him curiously, wandering back over to his bed. He sat up straighter, his eye contact not leaving me even once. I stared at him closely, but it only made me give in more. His vulnerability made it so hard to not feel for him right now.

The compliments he gave me, I would never believe but I would always remember that he said that. I was starting to think I should just give in. I came all the way down here for him, why should I just forget about it? If he made me happy then I should let him make me happy. Who cares about the past? It's the past. It will never change- that's why you change your future.

"Oh my gosh Harry I just got the most perfect idea ever and you're going to love it!" I shouted excitedly, flapping my hands around randomly. He chuckled and told me to calm down before asking me to proceed with my idea. "Wow bonus points for using a good word." I giggled.

"Your mood just changed significantly." he noted, chuckling again.

"Your vocabulary just got bigger." I giggled along with him. "Okay here's the thing. I like you, yes. Well, I like the boy who messaged me on my blog. You like me. I'm uneasy about letting you in so quickly, but you're like a puma, fricking pouncing on me."

"That's what she said." he laughed to himself.

"Immature much!" I laughed along with him, slapping him on the shoulder softly. "Look, I'm here for two weeks. I'll be your girlfriend. If you can prove to me that that's what we should be, then I'm yours. If it doesn't feel right, then I'm gone-zo. You dig?" I giggled at the end, really excited for my plan.

"I think I absolutely love that plan." Harry smiled, all of his teeth showing. I stared at him and admired the way his dimples sunk into his face and the way his curls fell perfectly over his forehead.

"When you're not so mean you kind of look cute." I muttered embarrassedly. I needed to say something to him after staring for such a long time. He chuckled and opened his arms out for me to hug him.

"So you're my girlfriend?" he chuckled as I had my arms wrapped around him, still leaning over on him. He kept me close to him, my head leaning over his heartbeat. 

"No Harry," I sarcastically said, "I'm your boyfriend." I rolled my eyes as I looked up at him with the most serious look I could muster. He glared and me before chuckling, sneaking a small smile out of me. "Yes." I nodded to him, a sincere smile plastered across my face. 

~~~

"Lara!" I screamed through the computer as I tackled Louis. I guess I could have waited a few seconds before I let Harry click accept to her Skype call. She stared through the computer with wide eyes, not sure of what to do or say. I giggled and got off of Louis, walking over to the laptop.

"Hi." I smiled brightly, sitting down in front of it. She waved through it, not saying anything. She was probably just nervous. "So remember how I that story about that guy and that thing and the stuff and my life went kabloom and then I moved to America?" I asked her casually, making Harry and Louis stare at me. 

"Oh right. The secret life of the British Bitch." she shrugged, both of us giggling together. 

"The British Bitch, eh?" Louis nudged me, chuckling a bit. 

"That was the best title we could come up with okay we were skyping at 4 a.m." I rolled my eyes at him. He shook his head and sat next to me. "Well anyways I guess I'm a little crazy and-"

"Wait if you're in London who's going to Chuck E. Cheese with me, huh Mister?" she asked me, her eyes bulging out of her head. My eyes widened and my mouth snapped shut in .45 seconds as soon as she said that. 

"Oh my gosh Lara I completely forgot about that." I apologized quickly, feeling terrible.