8

"Dannica, have you been working out?" My dad asked me as I walked down the stairs. My high heels were in my hand and I was about to leave to take Liam out for his birthday. I looked down and studied my body for second, although it's not as if I could get the best view from looking down.

"Uh," I studdered, "Yeah. I have a little." I turned around, digging my heel into the stairs and rushed back into my room. I immediately headed for my bathroom so I could use the scale. My heart was racing as I fixed the scale to be exactly on 0. 

I stood on top of it, closing my eyes. I was so worried at this moment. I didn't want to be disappointed. I know I wasn't eating anything anymore. If I did it was very small. And a lot of the times I did choose to walk, rather take my car. Everynight before bed I would do a quick little exercise I found on tumblr one day. Other than that I didn't do much to become smaller.

113. That means I had gone down 9 pounds. 9 pounds in a little over a week. That's almost a pound a day, but not quite there. My hand quickly came over my mouth, tears brimming my eyes. I breathed in a deep, sharp breath and let tears come out of my eyes. I was so happy. 

As soon as I had settled down, I was down the stairs and sitting on the couch. I slipped on my silver heels and smiled. I felt so confident and sexy right now. I passed by the downstairs bathroom and studied my appearance in the mirror.

My hair was down and loosely curled, laying over my shoulder. A black dress that flared out towards the bottom, only reaching above my knees and didn't have straps was clung against my body. Of course, I had my silver pumps on and my makeup covered every flaw across my face.

I walked out to my car and began to drive off towards Niall's house. Liam and Niall were both waiting there for me to come pick them up and take them out. I drove quickly and stuck the two of them in the back of the car. "Happy Birthday Liam. Again." I giggled to him from the front seat as I pulled out of Niall's driveway.

"Thanks Dannica. Again." his chuckle resembled mine. Niall laughed from behind me.

"Hey, go to Mack's house." Niall told me. My grip around the wheel became tighter. 

"Why?" I asked visciously.

"She said to." he put his hands up defensively. I sighed and turned to the right instead of the left, in Mack's direction. Her and Niall only lived a few streets away from each other. Liam living the opposite direction, along with me. I pulled up to Mack's house and waited for her to come out.

She motioned for us to come inside from her door step. "Niall and Dannica, I need your help with Liam's present." she told us, making Liam wait by the car. I followed Niall as we trailed into Mackenzies house. His present? Why was it so big that she needed our help?

I walked into a dark room, crowded with people. She. Did. Not. I sighed and looked at Niall, who wore an equally as confused and upset look as me. "Perfect." Mackenzie smirked, just the same way as Zayn or Harry would have. How disgusting.

"Hey Liam, I think it's ready for you! Come inside to see it." Mackenzie called from the front door. Niall grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the corner of Mack's livingroom, sitting in the love seat where we always hung out when we came over.

"I can't believe she did this." Niall whispered angrily to me. I sighed and nodded in agreement. She was the one who decided we would just take him out; in a quite bitchy tone, might I add. Liam walked in through the front door, muttering something along the lines of 'why is it so dark?'

"SURPRISE!" Everyone in the room screamed as the lights turned on. The smile on Liam's face was so heartwarming, yet I still managed to be angry. He looked over at Niall and I tried my best to force out a convincing smile.

"I can't believe this." Liam was accepting hugs from everyone in the room, giving thanks to everyone wishing him a Happy Birthday. Niall and I stayed put in the seat, watching Mackenzie throw over an evil glance once in awhile.

"You guys did this?" Liam finally made his way over to us. As much as I wanted to just say yes and pretend to be happy, I couldn't do it. I wasn't going to lie to him or pretend I was happy. 

"No, we didn't." I was straightforward. Niall nodded immediately in agreement.

"We were going to take you out. Just us. But I guess Mack had other ideas." Niall rolled his eyes as he further explained the situation. I looked around at everyone in the room. I recognized most of them, including Zayn, Kaylee, Harry and the rest of the people they talked to. I tucked strands of hair behind my ear and sat back in the chair, refusing to move.

After we chatted with Liam for a bit, he was drug off by some random girl from school. I could care less at this moment as my face remained expressionless. This was so stupid. 

~~~

An hour or two later I was headed for the bathroom and possibly tossing back and forth the thought of locking myself in Mackenzie's room for the rest of the night. I closed the door behind me and went to the restroom. It was decided that I was going to go stay in Mack's room for a bit so I could be away from everyone.

I sat on her bed and grabbed her laptop from under her bed. Whether we weren't on speaking terms or not, she wouldn't kill me for using it. I logged onto my tumblr and began to read over the messages from the night before.

To idkanamewtf: