17

To idkanamewtf:

Niall..

From idkanamewtf:

Yes.

To idkanamewtf:

This is insane.

From idkanamewtf:

I know...

To idkanamewtf:

I can't believe it's you.

From idkanamewtf:

Me either.

To idkanamewtf:

Huh?

From idkanamewtf:

Nothing. This is just weird now that you know. Lol.

To idkanamewtf:

It's not weird babe :)

From idkanamewtf:

Babe?

To idkanamewtf:

Too soon? :/

From idkanamewtf:

Not at all :)

To idkanamewtf:

Good! I'm going to sleep now! night ni<3

From idkanamewtf:

Night dani :)

I tucked myself into my bed, a smile plastered across my face. I couldn't believe that it was Niall. He was the one that was messaging me sweet things? The one that cared so much? And more importantly, the one who stole my heart. This was going to be big.

I woke up and got ready for school. I curled my hair down loosely and wore a dress. There was a white, lace pattern and it ended just above my knees. I paired some white vans and calf high socks that were ruffled down a bit.

With a few layers of makeup to cover my flaws I was out the door, driving to school. My plan was to make this day the best it could possibly be. Nothing could ruin it. Not even Harry.

When I got closer to my English class I took a deep breath. As always, Niall was waiting outside of the door, leaning against the wall. "Hey Dani." He smiled cheerily.

"Hey Niall." I smiled back. He opened the door for me to walk into class. Was he always this sweet or was I just noticing? Probably. He followed me into class and even the sight of you know who didn't bother me. But that quickly faded.

"Niall I need to talk to you." Harry stood up from his seat and brought Niall with him out of the door. I looked at them confusedly and secretly tried to follow them to hear.

I put my ear to the door but it was no use. They were talking extremely quiet. "Eavesdropping, eh?" Mrs. George shot me out of my daze as I focused on what was going on. I stood up straight and stepped away from the door.

"Nope." I smiled sweetly and pretended nothing was going on. Boy was I a bad liar. She laughed to herself as she walked to her desk with a stack of graded papers.

I decided against myself to go back to my seat and just let them talk. If it was important, Niall would tell me. As if on cue, Niall and Harry walked in right as I sat down. I tried to play it of as nonchalant and smile at Niall. He waved to me with a warm grin.

"Hi." I meekly responded.

"Care to talk love?" he offered. I stood up a bit too quickly, making me look like a fool. He chuckled it off but I was embarrassed. I rolled my eyes at myself. 'This needs to be perfect Dannica.' I'd remind myself over and over again as we walked. I thought I was going to keep it cool, until he had to make my world explode.

He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me alongside him out the door. I was about to explode all over myself, feeling jittery and excited. The room would be covered in Dani's excited insides. 'Calm down Dannica.' I reminded myself. It was only Niall, and everything had always been cool between Niall and I.

"Soo," he started as we stood outside of the classroom. His hands were behind his back, his feet shuffling around with the carpet. He looked down at the floor and embarrassedly I followed along.

"Sooo..." I trailed off along with him. "This doesn't have to be awkward, you know." I rose an eyebrow at him, a fake smile across my face. Sure I was happy, but I was so nervous I couldn't just smile because I was happy. I was embarrassed and nervous, as always.

"You're right." he shook his head and chuckled, bringing his hands up to his face. He ran his fingers through his hair and looked pleadingly at the door to the English room. I puckered my lips to the side as I waited for him to say something. "So Dannica." He bobbed his head once, pointing his index fingers at me.

"So Niall." I mocked him, my head leaning closer to him for a second. Gosh this was not going as well as I had hoped. This is why you can't have two best friends date! It's literally awkward to no end! Why the fuck did Niall have to pick me? Why did he have to be the one who liked me and made me fall for him?

I am absolutely, one-hundred percent, completely done with boys. 'Why I oughta-' "Would you like to be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!" I practically shouted, completely forgetting every train of thought that had previously ran through my mind. I didn't even know what I was thinking. Obviously Niall and I are meant to be. Otherwise this would have never happened. It's clear that we like each other! 

(NOTE: I hope you guys are getting a valid idea of how quirky, bipolar, nervous, in love, confused Dani truly is. I hope this doesn't all mean ramble bullshit to you. Honestly I want to portray Dani how she is and I hope you guys are really taking into depth everything that happens. It's all SO important. SORRY FOR THE INTERRUPTION THANKS ILY X ♥)

He wrapped his arms around me, engulfing me into a hug. I leaned my head into his chest and he stroked my hair a few times. Everything felt so... perfect? Was I actually happy for once? I walked back inside, Niall following me. We took our seats and waited for Liam to come in.

"What's gotten you so happy love?" Liam asked me with a smirk as he took a seat in his desk. I covered my face with my hair for a second, not able to say anything. I had to hide my excitement, I'm sure Harry was about to make a comment about my 'ugly' smile. 

"It was Niall." I smiled proudly as I whispered over to him. Liam looked at both of us with wide eyes, giving Niall a high five. I fell back into my seat, light as a feather. Honestly- I felt beautiful, I was happy, I was skinny my life was perfect.

The bell rang and soon everyone was in their seats. I waited for Mrs. George to give us a prompt since she promised we would do our writing journals today. She put the paper on the board and I studied it for a second, my mood changing completely. The topic; Bullying. What should the punishment be for bullying another physically, verbally or via cyberbullying?

I took out my pencil and notebook, trying to think of what I wanted to write. This was definitely a touchy subject and most of the people around here knew my situation. I began to write in my notebook. When I was fully content with what I wrote, I sat back and waited for her to call on people to read. I loved writing journal days. Debates were practically my life.

A few people read theirs, obviously giving the same exact, generic answers you would expect from everyone. She called on me and I hesitantly brought my hand back down to grab my notebook. I propped it up, cleared my throat and began to read. "Bullying. Everyones goes through it in their life, no matter what. There really is no way to avoid it, and it will always be that way. You can throw any punishment there is out there, and some people will never stop. It isn't something that should be taken lightly, but it isn't something that should bring on strong consequences,

"If you're a bully you should know better than to do it. Most people will find that even when they're hurt they would still not want to see that person get hurt themselves. There will never be a sufficient punishment for any bullying. Ever. We all know what it's like to feel pain but still care for others. Or maybe that's just me..." I trailed off, looking at my desk as I set it down. The students clapped as always and I waited for her to call on someone else.

"Anyone else?" she asked, looking around the room, "Oh yes. Harry." she called. I gulped and sank lower in my seat. This day went from perfect to lousy in one class period.

"I disagree completely." he started. Big shocker there. Wait, what? "People who bully others in any form are such low life scum, trying to find a way to get rid of their own pain. What they don't realize is that even if they feel better, they're hurting someone else. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me? As if. Words hurts no matter what form it is."

I turned around and faced him as he spoke, not quite sure of what was going on. He looked at me for a second and crinkled his eyes. He turned back to his paper and continued to read off of it, "I'm sorry I did what I did." he spoke a bit softer. I gasped and bit my lip.

"I'm sorry I said what I said." his eyes never left his paper. He moved his hand up to his mouth, rubbing his thumb on his lower lip as he read. He shook his head and continued again, "Who knows what punishment you can give to someone for hurting someone else? Is it ever going to be justified? I say anything goes, limited to the extreme. That's all." he threw the notebook down.

The room stayed dead silent. I'm sure everyone was exactly like me, sitting there in shock of what had just happened. Did he apologize during that? I doubt it was truly for me. My best guess was that it was just for the show. He didn't want to be seen as the bad guy after I victimized myself.

Part of me felt bad and kind of worrysome for what he said. I wasn't one hundred percent sure why he said any of it. I didn't know what he meant. My entire mind was jumbled up. Was today still considered perfect?

By the time we got to math class I had Niall move closer to me. He sat on my left side and Marina sat the opposite direction, looking at both of us. "Did you guys finish the homework?" I asked them as I shuffled through my math assignments.

"I did." Niall announced, grabbing it out.

"I didn't." Marina laughed, crouching back into her seat with a giggle. 

"I'll help you." Niall offered excitedly. He really loved math sometimes. I smiled at him greatfully as he started to help her with her math homework. They started to talk a bit and all three of us ended up on a subject not even closely related to math.

"Like honestly, who doesn't want to be a mermaid?" Marina asked with a giggle.

"The Little Mermaid." I pointed out, and I was right too. She wanted to be a real girl! Like pinnochio but not so she could have a small nose. It was so she could find love. Either way they were somewhat similar...

"Fucking Christ Dannica." Niall ran his hands through his hair a few times, a bewildered smile across his face. I must have got him pretty good with that comment. "That was perfect." he smiled and leaned over to peck my cheek quickly. I blushed and Marina looked at me awkwardly.

"So Marina want to go to the bathroom?" I asked her politely and she nodded. We asked our math teacher, who was obviously very leniant if no one noticed, and he sent us off with the pass. The walk there was silent and somewhat awkward. 

"So is kissing cheeks a British thing, or?!" she practically shouted at me.

"He's Irish." I corrected her, but she was definitely not in the mood for me to correct her.

"Irish." she scowled.

"Well actually. Turns out that Niall and I really like each other and we're sort of um," I looked away for a second and bit my lip, "dating?" I shrugged my shoulders and forced a polite smile.

"Oh really?" she challenged me, crossing her arms over her chest and rolling her eyes.

"Well it ain't an Irish thing sweetie." I cocked an eyebrow at her, not pleased with her attitude. Maybe I noticed that they liked each other in the beginning, but it was just her. I didn't want to be rude to her either, I was just making a point. I could already tell I was going to be clingy- great.

She scoffed at my reply and began to walk away. "Look, don't be mad Marina." I pleaded after her, grabbing her arm.

"I'm not mad." she breathed heavily. "I just," she looked down, "I'm jealous." 

"Don't be." I encouraged her. "Someday, you'll find your own little blogger." A smile spread across my face, knowing she didn't understand. "Let me explain." I walked her out of the bathroom, hooking arms with her and explaining everything.

~~~

I left the spanish room after saying sentences, but Harry wasn't there per usual. I was actually kind of intrigued for once. I walked out to my car in the parking lot. Harry was leaning against the building where Louis usually picked him up. I tripped on my way down the curb, catching myself on one of my elbows, scraping it up.

Harry walked over to me. He tried to help me up but I declined. There was no way we were "fine" just because he apologized. I scowled at his offered hand and he quickly responded with, "Okay. That's cool then."

"What? No snide comments?" I scowled.

"Nope." he shook his head.

"No?" I asked in disbelief.

"Nope."

"Oh..."

~~~~~~~~~

SO I just have to say, from this chapter on, things are going to speed up a bit. It's going to have WAY more drama. It will be really eventful. Everything that happens is going to make your head spin and you're going to be confused and distraught and happy and I just. I can't. I am SOOO excited for the rest of this book. Did you like this chapter? COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE, it keeps me on the lists c': ♥

Stats:
sept 16, 2013
5743 reads, 406 votes,214 comments
fan fic#720
teen fic #523