28

i'm slowly drifting off of the 'what's hot' list.. comment and vote! i love feedback x ♥

"Hi grandmum." I smiled greatfully when her voice came across the other side of the phone.

"Hello my little bean." she laughed quietly to herself. My smile became even wider and I bit my lip. Harry stared at me with a stupid, perfect sparkle in his eyes. I felt my cheeks blush as he watched me smile in amusement.

"How are you?" I asked her happily.

"I'm really good actually. The question is, how are you?" her tone became slightly more serious. I looked over to Harry, then to the picture frames, then back to straight ahead of me. Then I snuck one more glance at Harry.

"I'm really, really good." I told her sweetly, emphasizing the second 'really'. I heard Harry shuffling around, pushing the box filled with all of the pictures to the side. I stared at him confusedly, but he walked closer to me on his knees. 

He stopped behind me and grabbed my waist, pulling me down closer to him. I didn't fight; I just leaned back on him, resting my head on his shoulder as I continued to talk with my grandmum. He playfully stroked my hair, acting silly whenever his finger would get caught in a small tangle.

"Harry stop," I whispered with a giggle.

"You're with Harry?" My grandmum curiously asked me, seeming intrigued. I closed my eyes for a second and sighed, a small laugh coming through my lips. 

"Yeah I am." I smiled proudly.

"But what about everything you told me? And you came all the way out here because of him? Dannica I'm more than a little confused right now," she began to ramble off the same way she always did. 

"I will talk to you later about that, okay?" I asked her quietly, even though I knew Harry could still hear me. 

"Fine fine. You go have fun, we can talk tonight." she did a fake, long sigh, as if I was taking away from her precious, precious time. I giggled and we hung up on each other. 

"You hungry?" he asked me randomly as I laid down on him. 

"Totally." I laughed, leaning my head back so I could see him. Well.. I could mostly just see his neck and chin. But I think we get the point. We were in the perfect position to do that Spiderman kiss. If only I wasn't such a nervous wreck I would have just attacked his lips right now. I brought my arms up and tugged on the sides of his hair.

"Let's go get tacos!" he excitedly yelled. He hooked his hands under my arms as he stood up, and I giggled as I stared at him, still upside down. He chuckled before lifting me up so I was on my feet. I turned around and leaned on his chest, staring up at him. 

He wrapped his arms around me and tried to contain his chuckles. God he was so cute. And I was just realizing this? I couldn't even contain my stupid giggles right now. I was just feeling really giddy and happy all of a sudden. 

"To the tacos!" I announced before letting go of our hug and running out of the room and into the hallway. I made it to the stairs before making a sharp turn and jogging up them to my room. I heard slow footsteps following behind me. 

I looked through my pretty much empty closet to find something decent to wear. Most of my stuff were back out in New York, but I did pack a few things. Not to mention I had also left some stuff here that I didn't wear often. I heard Harry walk in to my room as I looked for a shirt. 

I picked out a blue, long sleeved shirt with small white dasies printed on it, and light wash jeans to match them. Harry was sitting on my bed and I stared at him, holding up my clothes. He smiled cluelessly and didn't leave. "Very cute." he nodded, talking about my clothes. 

"I'm aware. Now can you leave?" I asked him with a slight smile. 

"But we're getting tacos together, why would I leave?" he asked me sarcastically, an innocent smile across his face. I threw my pants at him and he held them up to look at them. "Do you think I'd fit in these?" he asked curiously, placing them over his crotch. 

"Well if you can fit in your own damned jeans I'm sure you could." I sarcastically answered him, although I somewhat meant it. Those insanely skinny jeans really did drive me crazy. Not to mention that he had nicer legs than I did. 

"They're really not as tight as you think they are." He shook his head as his dimples sunk into his cheeks. I raised my eyebrows and laughed,

"Mhmm." 

"Here." he threw my jeans back to me, "Now can we hurry up?" 

"If you would exit my room we could." I groaned. 

"What's the big deal? You've seen me in my boxers like," he thought, "4 times." he counted four of his fingers and then looked up at me before holding up his hand for emphasis. I shook my head and giggled through my closed mouth, pretty much just letting air out through my nose. 

"Yes and I'm scarred for life." I teased him. 

"Well it's not going to matter when we're married right?" he asked casually. 

"Oh wow, you really are a dreamer aren't you?" I scoffed. 

"Well come on. When you date someone, you're either going to marry them or break up, right?" he asked me seriously. 

"I guess, if that's how you want to look at it." I leaned on my left side with my clothes bunched in my hand, the other hand resting on my hip. 

"So are you really going to break up with me?" he stretched out the word me, doing a cupcake with his hands to his chin. (GIF on the side, since the pics are low quality x ♥)

"I guess not," I sighed a fake sigh, "So I guess as long as we're looking to the future I might as well strip for you, then we can take it to the bed and I can have triplets at the age of 18, wouldn't that be nice Harry?" I asked completely casually, trying to scare him. "And why stop there? We can get married in the morning and honeymoon our way to 2 more kids. I mean, we're going to have kids anyways." I shrug.

"Uh," he stared at me confusedly, looking a bit scared. 

"Well come on," I mocked his voice, "when you marry someone you're either going to have kids or you're not, right?" I giggled. 

"If that's how you want to look at it." he mocked me, playing along. 

"So all or nothing, right Styles?" I winked at him. 

"You are a very sarcastic girl, you know that?" he chuckled, standing up from my bed. 

"Moral of the story, get out so I can change." I shook my head at him and smiled to myself. He laughed as he walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. I sighed and went over to my mirror, staring at myself. My hair was a wreck, my makeup was smeared, and I looked all around horrible. How could he even sit there and laugh and joke with me when I looked like this?

What even just happened? I had never been so flirty, sarcastic and confident all at once. I smacked my forehead with my hand, really confused and angry with myself. What had gotten into me so suddenly? I had no idea. I should probably stop overthinking everything, but I was somewhat nervous. If those were the kind of things that were going to come out of my mouth, I don't know what I'm going to do. 

~~~

"Tacos have got to be the greatest things in the world." Harry groaned as he took a mouthful of his taco. I giggled and leaned over the table, pulling a string of lettuce that hung off from his lip. "Hey I was going to eat that!" he pouted and I stuck it in my mouth. 

"Oops." I shrugged, followed by -- wait for it -- another giggle. 

"You're an special kind of flirty today, aren't you?" he asked me with a smirk. I felt my cheeks turn red as he stared at me in admiration. All his staring was going to drive me insane. He used to pick at every flaw before, I'm sure he still notices them now. It's all stuck in the back of his head. 

"Harry," I tried to change the subject.

"Yeah?"

"You told me a cute story about when you were a kid. Tell me another one." I smiled up at him. 

"A cute story? About me?" he chuckled deeply, looking at me as if I was crazy. 

"Well, cute or funny. Maybe even demented or weird. I don't care, I just want to know about you." I told him quickly, pretty much rambling. It was true though- I did want to know about him. What he was like, his first crush, how many detentions he got when he was in primary, his favorite color, his first halloween costume. I wanted to know it all. 

"Hm let's see," he leaned back in his seat, looking up at the ceiling as if it was inspiring him. "Ah, okay." he sat back up and looked at me, "Why this story I'm about to tell you came into my head? I'm not sure why." He shook his head and laughed, "but I'm going to tell you anyways." 

"Oh goodness." I sighed. That had to mean that it was going to be weird. 

"So when I was in grade 5, I had this teacher. Mrs. Shower." he turned bright red at his teachers name. 

"Please tell me you're joking." I held back my laughter and he shook his head at me. 

"Nope. So anyways, Mrs. Shower was quite the teacher. But that's besides the point really. Infact, that has nothing to do with this, I just wanted to see you smile like that," he pointed at me, and I covered my face. "So she told us to write the most beautiful love story we could imagine. So naturally, I let my inner Romeo shine. Literally." he stared at me with a dead serious look. 

"I wrote this story about a shark and a horse who fell in love, so the horse jumped into the sea to be with the shark, but the horse drowned and died and then the shark was so sad that it also died." he spit out in one sentence.

I blinked my eyes once at him, trying to soak in what he just said. 

"The teacher called my parents." he added on, and I burst out in laughter. He stared at me embarressdly as I continued to laugh at his story. "So that's basically how my entire school life was." he chuckled. 

"Well I must say, you had quite the imagination." I complimented him- if that was even a compliment?

There was a boy across the restaurant who was playing with a fake snake. I stared at the green and blue scaled toy for a few moments, until Harry turned around to look at it too. "You okay?" he asked me curiously, looking back at me. 

"You know, if I was a snake, I'd probably tie myself in a knot." I stated seriously. 

"And I'm the one with the imagination." he laughed, and proceeded to eat the rest of his 2nd taco. My phone started to buzz in my pocket and I groaned as I went to answer it. 

"Hello?" I asked curiously, forgetting to look at the caller ID. 

"Dannica," Rubens voice came across the phone. I set my taco down uneasily and leaned back in my seat, my unoccupied arm crossing over my chest. I could feel my face harden and stay straight as he spoke. 

"Yes?"

"Where you at babe?" he asked me casually. 

"I thought they told you I was visiting London." I asked him curiously, avoiding the fact that he called me babe. 

"I know, but like. Why?" he asked me, sounding stupid. 

"Exactly what I just said." 

"Well are you busy right now?" he asked me calmly. Harry stared at me curiously, trying to figure out who I was talking to. I bit my lip and looked away from Harry. I couldn't stand the harsh face he was wearing. He seemed to grow angrier by the second. 

"Yeah I'm eating lunch with my boyfriend." I told Ruben confidently. 

"You said you didn't have a boyfriend." it sounded like he was asking me, more than stating that sentence. 

"Well I do now."

"What's his name?" 

"His name is Harry." I bit my tongue. 

"Well make sure Harry knows my name is Ruben, and he can-"

"You're being ridiculous." I scoffed into the phone. "I'm going to go, I'm trying to enjoy my meal right now." I told him sternly. 

"Have fun." he coldly responded, hanging up the phone. I looked down at the table and set the phone down. Harry glared at me, making me feel uneasy. 

"Who was that?" he asked me in a cold tone. 

"It was my friend from New York." I said quietly. 

"You're friend? Do they have a name?" he asked me harshly. 

"Yeah. It was Ruben." I told him, looking down at the tacos in front of me. 

"Oh. Ruben. I see." he said calmly, but I could still hear the hissing behind his voice. 

"Look I know what you're thinking but I don't think you need to worry at all." I said quietly, still not meeting him eye to eye. 

"No don't worry Dani, I get it. I won't be there when you're in America, why should I worry? It's not like I don't already have to worry about him disturbing our lunches together." he shrugged, sounding sarcastic and mean. 

"It's four hours behind, I'm sure he didn't think it was lunch time for us." I defended him, trying to ease Harry up a bit. I didn't want him to be angry with me. 

"Right, right. Okay. My bad." he said as he picked up his taco, taking another bite. I stared down at my food, slowly moving my finger around to push in the lettuce and cheese that was falling out of it. I continued to play with it a bit and he continued to eat. In silence. 

"Well aren't you going to eat?" he asked me harshly as I just played with my food, never picking it up to eat it again. 

"I'm not very hungry anymore." I meekly responded. 

"Well say something." he mumbled, putting the food back on the tray. 

"I didn't want to stop you." I faintly spoke, finally looking back up at him. He rose his eyebrows as he stood up, picking up the tray to walk over to the trashcan. I stared at him with sadness in my eyes. I didn't mean to ruin our lunch...

I stood up and walked to his side as he waited for me by the exit. "Do you need to go to the bathroom first?" he asked me sternly, pointing over to the restrooms. I let my mouth fall open in shock, my stomach twisting up immediately. 

I couldn't stop myself from letting tears well up on my eyes, threatening to leak down my cheeks. His mouth dropped open as he realized what he said to me. I raced out the door quickly and made my way to the passangers side of the car. 

He jogged behind me, the air blowing his hair around crazily. I turned around so I didn't have to face him as he came closer. I felt large, warm hands resting on my shoulders, trying to turn me around. He won, of course, and I stared at the ground. 

He pulled me in closer and wrapped his jacket around me, slowly rubbing my back. I cried onto his chest quietly, leaving tear stains on his white shirt. "God damnit Dannica, you know I didn't mean it like that? It was a serious question about using the restroom, not.." he trailed off, "not, you know." he whispered to me, still rubbing my back softly. 

"I know." I mumbled into his chest, "I know what you meant but when you said it.. I just." 

"I know, I know. I'm really sorry, trust me. I didn't mean to make you cry." he apologized, gripping me tighter for a second. 

I wiped my face and looked up at him. "This just isn't that simple. None of this so far is going to be easy for us." I told him softly. 

"I know, but we can make this work. I know we can." He tried to smile at me, but I couldn't quite force a convincing enough smile at him. 

"I hope so."

"We will, baby. We will." he leaned closer to me, bending down a bit. 

"Yeah, says you. And because why, Harry? Why are you so sure?" I challenged him. 

"Because I know how I feel about you Dannica!" he shouted at me. 

"Yeah. You know how you feel about me, NOW." I shook my head at him, referencing to how long it took him to even realize that he actually liked me. 

"Atleast I know. What about you Dannica? Huh?" he asked me visciously, practically yelling in my face. 

"I don't kn-"

I was cut off mid sentence by his hands on my cheeks and his lips crashing against mine. His soft, pink lips kissed mine, catching me completely off guard. I felt myself relax into the kiss once I finally realized what hit me. 

He let go of our kiss, standing back up straight. He stared at me harshly, pinching at his lips softly. He looked almost hurt. Probably because I said I didn't know. Also, I would have felt scared if I kissed someone randomly, not sure how they would react. 

"Do you know how you feel Dannica? Do you?" he asked me angrily, staring down at me. 

I was at a loss of words, dazing back up into his eyes. "Harry I-I," I studdered nervously. He swiped his hair out of his face, waiting for my answer impatiently. 

"I know that I really, really like you." I nodded to him with a faint smile. He smiled and stepped back closer to me, grabbing me by my waist. 

"Come here." he pulled me closer, leaning back down to plant another kiss on my lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N: I THOUGHT THIS CHAPPIE WAS REALLY ADORABLE IS THAT JUST ME? AW <3

Please vote and comment I'm so close to 1,000 votes! ♥ I'M SO EXCITED! <3

TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO READ IT C: <3

I think I will make this story last quite a bit longer cus I never want to leave Hannica<3

Stats:
oct. 6, 2013
20,340 reads, 967 votes, 497 comments ♥
fanfic#408
teen fic#410