21

DOUBLE UPDATE MY LOVES <3 dedicated to oh_whale_ because i wasn't sure if i was going to but i just needed that extra push c; 

Make sure you read 20, voted and commented. Please. ♥

LOTS of dialogue in this one, but I guess it's important. Emotional and intense, sooo. (;

~~~~~~~~~~

"Niall, I don't want to." I denied him once again.

"Listen to him." Harry butt in.

"You can stay out of this!" I turned around and shouted at him. He gave me a long, hard stare. I stared back at him, straight into his eyes. He didn't move or look away or anything. Feeling the awkwardness build up between everyone I looked away, back to Niall.

"Dani, I have to tell you something." he quietly suggested. 

"Obviously." I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest. He steadily looked at me for approval to continue on. I nodded once and let my tense body loosen a bit. I could tell I was making him nervous by looking so harsh.

"It wasn't me." he shook his head.

I stared at him in disbelief. I had figured it out beforehand, but I still had a big enough ounce of denial in me to not want to fully believe him when he said it. 

"It was never me." he repeated.

"What wasn't?" I pretended to play dumb, although both of us knew it was just to verify my thoughts and inferences.

"On your blog. I'm not that guy." he confirmed my thoughts.

"So you lied to me." I said quieter. Everyone in the hallway was listening intently, although I wished this conversation was more private. My fingers instinctively began to pinch at my arms, without me even taking notice. I slowly twisted my foot into the ground.

"Not exactly." he shrugged.

"No. Exactly." I told him.

"It was for a good reason." he defended himself.

"Oh really? What was this oh so magnificent reason?" I asked him angrily, not amused or falling for anything. Marina went to butt in but I put my hand up, shoving her away a bit.

"You're making this harsher than it needs to be Dani." he whispered to me.

"Oh no!" I shouted, holding my hand over my heart, "Pardon me! I'm being too harsh for you Niall!" I pretended to be upset with myself for making this 'so hard' on him. I scoffed, "I am so sorry I'm hurting you right now. Gosh, what a horrible person I am. Wouldn't want to break your heart or anything." 

"Dannica, calm down. It's okay." Liam stood behind me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I'M CALM!" I shouted angrily at him. Everyone stared at me, the hallway being dead silent once again. "I'm calm." I said in an actual calm tone, composing myself back together.

"Dannica," he started.

"I'm okay. Believe me, I am more than okay. Infact, I'm great. Perfect. Fabulous, really. I actually don't need anymore explanation. I think I get it." I laughed maniacally, beginning to walk away from everyone. I didn't want to hear anything else.

"No you don't Dani." Niall protested.

"Either you're covering for someone else, or you started to regret everything that was going on once you decided you liked her. Am I right?" I tilted my head at him, very confused and upset with everything that was going on at this moment.

"Well you are right." Niall nodded.

"Exactly. I get it."

"But you're only right about the first one Dannica." 

"So you're covering for someone else?" I rose my eyebrows at him, stepping a bit closer. I was somewhat intrigued. Of course I wanted to know who it was. I wanted to know why they made Niall do it for them. I wanted to know why Niall even agreed to it if he didn't truly want me to be his girlfriend. 

"Yes." he meekly responded.

"How could you do that?" I asked in disbelief.

"I was helping them."

"You want to know who you weren't helping? Me!" I scolded him.

"I obviously know that Dannica." he gritted his teeth, growing frustrated with the constant yelling. If I were Niall I would probably be frustrated with my own self too. I wasn't giving him the chance to explain- even though I wanted him to explain, I didn't want him to explain at all.

"So I mean," my voice became significantly quieter, more of my emotions showing through, "All of those compliments," I stepped closer, "the kisses and hugs," another step, "everything. It meant absolutely nothing to you?" I asked quietly. He stared down at me and gulped.

"Do you want to know who it was?" he avoided my question.

"So it meant nothing." I nodded, knowing his answer.

"That's not true at all. Dannica it meant something." he frowned.

"Nothing important." I shrugged.

"Listen,"

"Again?" I rolled my eyes sarcastically. 

"Every compliment I've ever given you, I have always meant. Everything. You really are beautiful, smart, perfect." he listed off, making me cry some more. "I've always thought that and you know that as a fact Dani."

I nodded in agreement. "On my birthday. That kiss. My god, it was amazing, okay? I can't stress that enough. Everything that happened was so perfect. And I'd be a damned liar if I said that I didn't like you at all."

"But you don't anymore."

"I didn't say that. All I'm saying is that, whoever it really was. They love you more than anything in the world, so why should I mess that up? He deserves you even if everyone else thinks he doesn't." he rambled on, only making me feel the slightest bit better about the situation. 

"And I can promise you that when you have the right guy, he'll make you feel like you never have before. I guarantee. And I'm not him." he shrugged it as if it was as simple as that. The part he overlooked was the fact that because I thought it was him, I had fallen head over heels for him. That can't just change.

"Niall." I interrupted him.

"Yes?"

"Then who the hell is it? Because I'm tired of playing this game. I don't want to be apart of it any longer." 

"I can't tell you." he gritted his teeth and mumbled, angry with himself. I shot him a look of anger and disgust.

"The hell you can't!" 

"I promised." he looked at his feet. "But I'm sure you already know."

"I don't. I had three choices. You. Zac. Harry." I pointed out.

"So why do I have to tell you?" he asked me annoyedly.

"Then where the hell as Zac because I fucking know it's not him!" I shouted, gesturing my hand over to Harry. Everyone became dead silent, once again. I was completely tired of the silence, and there was no way they were about to tell me it was Harry.

"Dannica." Liam whispered quietly to me. I turned around and stared at him with big eyes.

"Ohhhh no. You guys are real sick, you know that?" I told each and every single one of them in the hallway. If they had the nerve to convince me that it was Harry, they were wrong. I refused to believe that much. I might be naive but I'm smart enough to figure that much out.

"Dannica." Harry looked me straight in the eyes. I opened my mouth and shook my head. My eyes stayed wide open.

"Oh no. No. No. No." I protested. A few of them nodded.

"You know what? You guys are ridiculous!" I scolded them and began to walk away to my car. I turned around one last time, walking backwards as quickly as I could. "Has every single person I know gone mad?!" I shouted at all of them.

"You're all fuckers, you know that! I can't believe you're doing this to me!" My shouts became quieter and quieter as I began to mumble and curse to only myself. I was feeling weak, angry, hurt, confused.. There were too many feelings for me to identify at the moment. 

I made it out to the student parking lot to my car. I stood at the door to my car and let out a long, high pitched scream followed by me hitting the car window. I left my bag and keys with Zayn and Liam where we were originally laying.

I twisted around and cried, leaning against my car door. Slowly my body slid down as I inched closer and closer to the ground. I was interrupted by a warm hand grabbing my arm, pulling me back up. I wiped my eyes and opened them the slightest bit. 

Curly hair and green eyes were the first thing I saw, making me close them tightly again. "Not you." I muttered quietly, sinking back down. It was no use. I could still feel his presence and gave in. "What?" I asked as I opened my eyes fully.

"Here." he handed me my bag. I gratefully yanked it from his hands and stared at him. It took all of my strength to hold myself from punching him across the face.

"Does she hit you?" I asked him curiously, avoiding everything else except for the pain I felt in my face. The amount of screaming and crinkling of my face caused me to ggrow a massive headache and feel every hit all over again.

"Not often." he sighed.

"But she does?" I asked.

"No. Louis usually home."

"Oh.." I trailed off, looking at the asphalt.

"But if she tries, I usually hold her off. It's a lot easier when you're bigger." he nodded slowly as he talked.

"She's not very nice."

"She can be." he defended her and I rolled my eyes.

"Well you can have her. I don't want her back." I decided.

"Thanks, I guess." he rolled his eyes the same way I would have, if someone had told me that.

"Can we talk?" he asked me quietly.

I thought about it for a few long seconds. Part of me wanted to say yes. I wanted to know everything. By everything, I meant everything. But there was more to me than just that greed to know. I was exhausted from fighting and yelling. I wanted to get home and take a bath and ignore everyone forever.

Not only that, but I was still tossing around the idea I was from a couple of days ago. I had a plan and it was most likely going to go into full blast starting today and going on for the rest of my life. I wasn't going to kill myself, as most people would infer. 

I had a better idea. A smarter idea. Something that could benefit everyone. And with that thought in mind, I simply had one reply for Harry. One reply only. "I don't think we should. Ever." I informed him. He sucked in his lips and nibbled on them, trying to take in my reply.

"Please Dani. Eventually?" he begged. I thought about giving him the satisfaction of saying eventually. If I said eventually, I would actually have no intentions in ever getting back to him. I wouldn't let him explain anything. Then he could sit back and suffer the same way I did.

I usually wasn't one who was all for revenge, but at the moment it sounded sweet. Everything that was usually bitter, rude, vulgar.. mean. They sounded like the best  possible things in the world. They were the only thoughts to cross my mind.

"But of course Harry. Eventually." I smirked to him. He closed his eyes and the slightest smile appeared on his face. Pleased with my actions, I reached into my purse for my keys and got in. I drove off and went straight home.

~~~

Everything I could take was packed into suitcases. I was completely ready for the step I was going to take. I was taking the easy way out because I was weak. My blog was deactivated. I didn't need to look back to that ever again. 

The last thing I needed to do was go to my dad's room. I slowly entered, finding a messy room that smelled like beer, drugs and sex. Absolutely disgusting. I went to the closet and reached to the top left to grab the box containing everything that once belonged to my mum.

I searched through everything, making sure it was all in place. Little did Maria know, there was another spot that contained money. I stood up and walked over to the corner of my dads room. Behind the dresser was a secret door. It took a few minutes for me to move the heavy object, my body feeling weak as ever.

I opened the secret compartment and took out the extra money. When I went back to the box, I took out the jewelery box that had the butterfly necklace. The necklace wasn't in there. Angrily, I stuffed the box and shut it quickly. I moved everything to my car, turned off everything in my house and drove off to Louis' house.

~~~

"Give me my necklace!" I shouted to Maria as I burst through their door. I didn't bother knocking since I was beyond furious. 

Frantically, Louis ran through the hallway to the main room, meeting me eye to eye. "Where is she?" I growled.

"Oh you mean this one?" Maria appeared from down the stairs. I looked her in the eye as she put her fingers around the butterfly, flaunting it off. "Well I was about to sell it on e-bay for a bit of money." she sighed.

"Don't." I pleaded. "Just give it to me Maria. That was my mum's." I reminded her. 

"Wah, wah. She's gone." she shrugged. I stared at her in disbelief.

"Give her the necklace Maria." Louis demanded of her. "Harry!" Louis called. Down the stairs came Harry, wearing his damn boxers again. 

"What the hell? Warn me." Harry hid half of himself behind the wall, scolding Lou.

"Tell Maria to give me my necklace." I practically begged Harry. She was always obeying up to whatever it was that Harry wanted. There was no way she could say no to him. He repeated what I told her and she looked at him in a whiny manner.

"How about tomorrow? I just want it for one more day." Maria tried to negotiate with me, "It's so pretty." 

"I can't." I told her.

"Why not? It's just one day, damn. What's the rush?" she asked harshly.

"I just can't. I need it now, so give it to me." I held my hand out for her to hand it over. 

"No. Tell me why."

"Maria please. Give it to me." I gulped.

"Why?" she demanded.

"I'm leaving." I told her.

"Leaving?" 

"I'm going to America. With my grandmum."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WOAH WHAT. CAN SOMEONE SAY PLOT TWIST. These last two chapters I worked really hard on. PLEASE, someone. Anyone. Comment and vote. THANK YOU SO MUCH X ♥

stats:
8,415 reads, 527 votes, 291 comments
fan fic #456
teen fic #347
sept 21, same as chappie 20. :)