4

I woke up to the sweet sound of absolutely nothing. I didn't set an alarm on my phone the night before so that I could wake up. I cursed under my breath as I rolled over and looked at the time. My eyes squinted as I barely kept them open. The clock read 11:47. It was about to be lunch. Might as well just skip the rest of the school day. I'd only make it to 1 class.

My phone was spammed with texts, of course.

From Mack: wtf where are you?

From Liam: did you over sleep? lol hope you're okay.

From Niall: wakey wakey I need to do your hair again :-( lmfao

From 78963: Bogo sale from 4-9 pm. Buy 1 get one 50% off on all accessories!

I slightly chuckled, yet ignored the last message. It was just a silly sale from a store I had only shopped at once. The only reason I got messages from them was because if I sent a text I got a really good deal- who's going to pass up in a good sale? Not me.

I laid in bed for the next few minutes, slowly replying to texts and relaxing. Surprisingly, there was a knock on my door. I curiously called out to it, "Come in." My phone was set at my side as my dad trudged into my room. His hair was spread in different directions and his eyes had dark bags; he looked like a mess.

"Hey Dani. Can we talk?" He asked in a calm tone. It was completely different than the night before. I nodded once and sat up in my bed. He took a seat next to me and stared for a few moments. "About last night," he began.

"I'm fine." I interrupted him.

"I want to apologize." He stated clearly, ignoring my comment. I scoffed and crossed my arms over my chest. I was not going to forgive him that easily, if that's what he thought.

"You hit me." I reminded him in a harsh tone. He sighed and rolled his eyes at me, knowing I was going to be stubborn with him.

"Dannica I know what I did, I'm trying to-"

"Dad, can you leave?" I asked him nonchalantly, as if he wasn't even talking.

"What?" he was caught off guard.

"Yep." I nodded once and pointed at the doorway. He stood up in disbelief, yet slowly made his way over to the door to exit. He looked at me one last time before closing the door. The pitter patter of his feet hitting the stairs was prominent. Relief washed over me when I knew he was gone. I let myself fall back asleep.

~~~

I woke up to a knock at my door. "What do you want now?" I groaned from my bed, turning over and shutting my eyes tighter than before. Instead of hearing my dad's voice, I was greeted by an unpleasant squeaking.

"Can I come in?" Maria's voice was nasally. But although I found her quite annoying, there was a calmer tone coming across from her. She seemed to be almost civil.

"Sure." I mumbled and sat up in my bed. I used my fingers to untangle my mess of hair. She flashed a perky smile and approached the edge of t bed. "Can I help you?" I tried to sound as polite as I could, still getting the message across that I wasn't fond of her.

"Well, I thought maybe you'd like to meet my brother. He's a bit older than you but I'm sure you can get along." She suggested as she sat down on my bed. I considered it for a second. Was he going to be like her? If I didn't like him, how would I push him away? What if he uses coconut shampoo?

These were all great questions to consider while determining a new friendship. Hesitantly I gave in and nodded at her. "Sure I guess that will be fine."

"Cool. He's downstairs." She gracefully got up and headed for the stairs. "See you in a bit." She giggled before leaving me alone again. I sighed and got up to look in the mirror. I brushed my hair out and covered my face in foundation.

I picked out a simple outfit- jean shorts and a white v-neck. There was no need to go over board and dress classy. When I found myself downstairs, I stumbled across a very attractive boy. He had blue eyes and chestnut colored hair. His jaw line was so prominent and perfect. The hair on his head added to his image, causing him to resemble that of a Disney prince. I was awe stricken.

"Dannica this is Louis." Maria was quick to introduce her younger brother to me. I smiled deeply, feeling a blush creep over my cheeks.

"Hi." I waved awkwardly. Meeting new people was so embarrassing for me. Do I shake his hand? Should I introduce myself? Do I ask him how he's doing? I had no idea what to do at this moment, so my hands came to my side.

My dad walked in from the kitchen, his wallet and keys in hand. I gave him a confused look, then Maria, then Louis. "We're going out for lunch." My dad informed me of the situation.

"It's already three!" I practically screeched to him, very confused.

"Whatever." he mumbled and shrugged with a grin. I shrugged too and went along with it. He escorted all of us outside and we piled into his car. Louis sat in the backseat with me, of course.

"Your name sounds really familiar." Louis spoke randomly as we drove to a nearby diner. My head turned to the side slightly in confusion. Once again I caught myself shrugging. I suppose it's an action I do so often I don't typically notice it.

"Yours doesn't." I jokingly teased him. A smile formed on his face. It eased me up. I was just glad to see that I could make someone smile. Someone who didn't know Harry Styles, and would never have to see the embarrassing school side of me. My mood was significantly brighter at this moment.

We finally pulled up to the diner. All 4 of us exited the vehicle and entered through the front doors. After waiting for a few minutes we were taken back to a booth seat. My dad sat next to me and across from Maria. Louis was obviously the one across from me.

A few minutes in to looking through the menu, I had finally decided what I was ordering. A flat bread, turkey sandwich. My mouth was watering at the thought of it. When I looked up from the menu, Louis was looking off into the distance. It seemed like he was communicating with someone else. My head curiously turned around, which I immediately was regretful of.

Harry was across the diner, obviously trying to talk to him. So much for him not knowing Harry. Louis looked at me with wide eyes, his mouth forming an o. He seemed shocked as he looked back at Harry. I turned to see his reaction, catching the end of his nodding. I sank lower into my seat and watched Louis.

"So you know Harry?" I asked him in a rude manner.

"Yeah I do." He smiled proudly. I scoffed; who would ever seem proud to know such a selfish prick?

"That sucks." I answered him, sounding very uninterested. He looked at me with confused eyes. I sighed, knowing I would have to explain.

"You're not fond of him?" he asked me curiously. The smirk on my face was impossible to wash away. Not fond of him? Not fond of his was a complete understatement. There was absolutely no way in hell that I was anything close to being 'not fond'. It was more of a deep hate. A loathing. An absolute disgust.

"That's um.." his mind must of wandered off in to la la land as he spoke. He struggled to find the right words. "That's odd." He finally found a word, although it was obvious that wasn't what he was looking for.

"Not really." I snarled at him. Oh, if only he had a clue of the Harry I knew. I'm sure whatever image he held of him was distorted.

"Can I ask why you don't like him?" he seemed very intrigued to hear. He also seemed very surprised that I didn't like him. It was as if I was supposed to be head over heels in love with him or something. There was something not quite right about this situation.

"Well if we're being simple here, he's not exactly a very nice guy." I was very vague with my answer. I wasn't about to give this odd stranger my entire life story- no matter how good looking he was.

"You sure?" he asked me, unconvinced.

"I am more than 100% positive, thank you very much." I offensively scoffed at him. This was ridiculous. "He's a mean, cold hearted asshole who doesn't consider the feelings of others."

"He's just a boy who's in love with someone he can't have. That's why he's so mean, I know that for sure." He answered after a few moments of silence. To be honest I didn't quite care one bit.

"Well I feel sorry for that girl." I rolled my eyes. To my luck, the waiter came up to take our order.

"Hi I'm Carter, can I start you guys off with some drinks?" he gleefully smiled at all of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note: ugh I had so many ways to introduce Louis into the story that I could hardly decide. But I did it. Phew. I'm glad I've finally mentioned all of the characters c": what a relief! gosh I am so excited for this story and idek what's going to happen next! I write as I go c:

If anyone can make me a trailer for this, you should definitely message me omfg please thanks <3