18

I laid in bed, scrolling through tumblr and texting Niall. It was the next week and the night was not eventful. Maria was at home for the night so I didn't dare leave my room. For an almost 18 year old girl, I was actually pretty scared of being alone. I didn't want someone to kill me or something along those lines.

To Niall: I feel like playing badminton.. is that how you even spell it lol 

From Niall: that's odd. no one ACTUALLY wants to play badminton.. 

To Niall: of course! i love it!

From Niall: why? there's nothing exciting about it dannica.. xD

To Niall: yes huh!

From Niall: noooo ? lol!!! well maybee.. which one is it again?

To Niall: the one with the little birdie! it's like tennis!

From Niall: ohhh. you mean a shuttlecock ;)

To Niall: OMG NI! It's called a birdie..

From Niall: it's called a shuttlecock. LOL

To Niall: YOU'RE A SHUTTLECOCK! 

From Niall: if you say so ;D 

To Niall: gtfo<3

I smiled to myself as I set my phone down on the bed. I rolled over onto my back, letting out a long sigh as I stretched my body across the entirety of my bed. It felt amazing as all of my muscles stretched and bones cracked.

I pulled my phone back up and went to text Niall, but I accidentally pressed delete. I quickly resaved him back to my contacts and took a random scroll past everyone. A certain one caught my eye, causing me to force myself to call her. I missed her voice and everything about her, I might aswell catch her up on everything.

A few rangs went by. I bit my lip as I held the phone to my ear. "Hello?" A gentle voice answered the other side of the phone, causing a smile to spread across my face.

"Hi grandmum." I sweetly replied to her.

"Oh, Dannica baby! How are you?" she cooed over the phone in excitement. 

"I'm alright." I admitted to her. 

"Why? What's wrong? How's your dad? Is he there? Do you guys want to visit?" she asked me a million questions, never giving me the chance to answer her first one.

"Graaandmuuum," I groaned over the phone, giggling at the end.

"Oops." I imagine she covered her mouth with her hand embarrassedly. How adorable! "Go ahead!"

"Well actually, dad got arrested." my voice lowered as I spoke. It was awkward telling her that he was arrested. It was even more awkward when she asked me why and I had to explain why it happened in the first place. Telling her that he hit me made her cry and we sat for a few moments silently.

"Aw tell me some good news Dani." she pleaded, a sniffle following her words. I didn't mean to upset her.

"Well his girlfriend Maria is watching over me." I smiled, thinking of one good thing.

"Well that's sweet of her."

"Yeah. She can be pretty cool I guess- when she's not drunk that is. Otherwise she's like a devil from hell, you know what I mean?" It was a rhetorical question but I still said it nonetheless, and she replied.

"Oh I get ya sweetie!" 

"Yeah. And Zayn and I are friends again. I made friends with Maria's brother Louis." I listed off a few things, "There's a girl from America here too!" I excitedly added on, almost forgetting Marina.

"Oh wow that's cool!" she excitedly answered.

"Yeah! You sound a bit like her too. You're really catching on to that New York accent." I teased her. She had moved to New York not too long ago. I hadn't been able to see her in forever and I missed her company. I didn't think about it too much though- I had so much else to worry about.

"Yeah I know. I'm not too pleased with it actually. You should move with me Dani. I have room for you out here." she offered and I tried to think of the easiest way to decline.

"Oh thanks, really." I smiled to myself, "That's lovely but I don't think I could do it. I have too many friends right now. It's my last school year, everything would just go haywire." I giggled to myself. 

"I really wish you were here Dannica.." she said in a high voice, attempting to lure me over.

"Sorry but I'm content. I'll visit though!" I reminded her.

"Aw darn. I was going to hook you up with some boy candy down at this pretzel place in the mall. He is quite the cutie Dani. I showed him your pictures!" she laughed as she continued to talk. I shook my head and smiled to myself as I listened to her. Gosh, she was such a sweetheart.

"Aw! That's sweet but I actually have a little boy candy of my own." I felt myself blush.

"What? Why have I not found out yet you crazy little bean!" she exclaimed.

"Bean?" I asked her mockingly.

"Don't test me," she joked, "Dannica tell me all about this boy." she demanded.

"It's Niall." I spoke softly.

"Ah. Niall. Gosh I love that boy. Oh my gosh, you are making my insides collapse that is too darn cute!" she gushed and cooed, not able to contain her excitement. Just hearing her talk about him and how she felt about this was enough to send me over the edge and let me die.

"I know, I know." I laughed it off.

"So please don't forget to visit me Dani. I love you sweetheart." she said over the phone, indicating that it was about time this phone call ended.

"I love you too! I can't wait to visit you and catch up even more." I said my goodbyes.

"I miss you baby." she said softly.

"I miss you too." my tone matched hers. She hung up and I stared down at the pattern of my blanket. I really did miss her a bunch. Just hearing her voice reminded me of my own mothers. It was so sweet and soft. They were always joking around too. Even though people found it weird, I liked that they were my friends aswell as guardians.

A good relationship with your family meant a good life. So why didn't I have a good life right now? Right- my mum and grandmum were gone, and my dad was no where close to having a good relationship with me, no matter how many times I had convinced myself otherwise.

A tear leaked down my cheek as my thoughts continued to flow. It was the nights like this where I just cried to myself, even if nothing was bad. The nights where I was alone and couldn't do anything to stop it. I just needed comfort but it was the one thing I lacked. I was trapped in my room, crying to myself and hurting.

From Niall: gtf over here <3

To Niall: hahaah, I wish. :p

From Niall: are you okay?

To Niall: yeah I'm fine. i'm going to bed now though. good night <3

Incoming Call from Niall

I picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Hello Dani." he replied.

"Whatsup?" I asked him confusedly.

"Just saying goodnight." 

"Oh. Goodnight." I smiled to myself.

"Goodnight Dannica! I love you!" he reminded me, as always. I smiled to myself and shut my eyelids. 

"I love you too Ni." I told him sweetly and we hung up. How much more perfect could this get?

~~~

"I'll be right back." Niall smiled to me, letting his grip loose around my hand. I sat on the wall by the spanish room as I always did when Niall went to do sentences without me. I pulled out my phone and started to play a game on my phone called 'dots'. It was quite simple actually- you just connected the dots.

I was attempting to beat my high score when someone startled me in the hallways. I looked up from my phone to see Harry, as always. Most likely I could have guessed who it was, but I was off in my own little utopian world lately.

"You're looking um, poco gorda?" he smirked down at me. I scoffed and looked back down at my phone. I wasn't looking a little fat today- in fact, I felt even slimmer than before. I was wearing my old jeans that used to never fit me before.

"Muy chistoso." I rolled my eyes at him and he laughed. (Very funny.)

"I am, aren't I?" he asked in a cocky manner as he adjusted his strap on his backpack. I didn't look up at his face, but I looked up a bit. He was yet again, wearing those annoying tight jeans that drove me insane.

"How do you even fit in those?" I asked him curiously, being honestly interested in the answer. I just couldn't take it.

"It's called being skinny." he nodded his head and I looked back down in disgust. It was just a simple question but he had to be a complete arse about it.

"I don't need this." I mumbled to myself and stood up, walking into the spanish room. I waited next to Niall as he gave Mr. Wo a sentence. 

"You too Dannica?" Mr. Wo asked me surprisedly. I shook my head and grabbed Nialls wrist, dragging him out of the room. Harry was leaning against the wall in the hallway, looking at his phone. 

"There you are." Harry smirked and walked up to Niall. 

"Hey Harry." Niall gave him a sideways high five, followed by a fist pound. My face twisted up in disgust, confusion and anger all at the same time. 

"Making that grandpa face again." Harry reminded me and I frowned a bit, looking down. Niall wrapped his arm over my shoulder and brought me closer to him, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Not nice Harry." Niall said in a pouty voice.

"You're telling me." Harry said quietly as he rolled his eyes. I copied his actions and followed by leaning my head on his shoulder. "So I got that girls number for you." Harry looked at Niall with a teasing grin. I slapped Harry on the shoulder and hissed at him.

"Shut the hell up." I spat.

"I'm kidding," he chuckled and nudged Niall. Niall didn't seem to be offended or angry at all, which kind of upset me.

"Calm down Dannica, it's fine." he assured me, "Obviously I'm not offended because I know it's not even close to true." it was as if Niall could read my mind. I was so easy to read most of the time, considering I was pretty much an open book. It was too simple. 

"So maybe you could come over today and we can do that thing." Harry continued to conversate with Niall as we walked down the hallway to the student parking lot. Niall was doing a thing with Harry? What kind of thing?

"I'm going to be with Dani." Niall held his hand that was gripping mine up to Harry's face. Harry rolled his eyes and looked away. 

"Niall!" he practically pouted.

"Sorry!" he puffed his lips out and Niall and I left him to get into my car. 

"What thing?" I asked Niall nervously.

"Just getting some of his ideas for our semester project." he shrugged as he took a seat in the passengers side. I rolled my eyes and set the key in, starting the car. The drive was kind of quiet, minus when we had a jam out session to the song "We Can't Stop" by Miley Cryus. It was more of a 'making-fun-of-her' session, but we still jammed out like there was no tomorrow.

"So did it feel weird texting me?" Niall asked as we walked up to his front door. I shrugged; it really felt no different than before. Minus the fact that it wasn't as 'just friends' everything was completely the same.. Well, almost completely. 

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know. The blog messages were just so," he thought for a second and scratched the back of his neck. One eye squinted and he clenched his teeth, not sure of what to say. "It was just so us. Do you get me?" he asked and I nodded with a giggle.

"I understand." I smiled. "Does that mean you want to keep talking via tumblr messaging?" I asked nervously.

"I don't know, it's whatever you want Dani. Whatever makes you happy." his cheeks turned red as he smiled at me. I stared at him in admiration before agreeing to continue our messages. He was right- it was definitely us.

"Hi Maura." I greeted his mum as we passed by her bedroom. She waved hi to me and Niall and I continued down the hallway to his room. We went into his room and he shut the door, locking it. It wasn't unusual; we always did that when we came over here.

"Ooh yay. Netflix." I giggled to myself, jumping onto his bed. We turned on Netflix and started to search through the lists of movies and shows. We weren't in the mood for horror, comedy, romance or anything. We just said 'blehh' to everything that we passed by.

"Spork?" Niall asked suspiciously as he passed by a random movie on the t.v. I looked at him with wide eyes, not sure what it was. We both agreed to watch it; it was VERY weird. I looked away from the t.v. for a bit, not really interested in what was going on anymore. It was too "unique" for me. By unique I meant odd.

I laid across the bed, resting my legs on top of Niall. "Niiiaaaallllllllllll." I whined, begging for him to come lay by me. He chuckled and pushed my legs off of him, laying down next to me. I rested my head on his chest as he played with my hair.

"You look bored." he commented.

"I'm not bored." I laughed as I turned my body over, wrapping my arm around him. He pecked my forehead quickly and cringed away.

"Ow you turned over on my arm you buttcheek!" he laughed, but it sounded more like he said turnt than turned. That also explained why I called people buttcheek so often.

"I turnt over?" I teased him.

"Turnt?" he asked confusedly.

"Yes! You said turnt! Like, turnt up." I winked at him, making a joke.

"Turnt up? What is turnt up?"

"Turnt up! Like getting really drunk? You know, being high and stuff." I tried to explain it to him to the best of my abilities, although I myself was not one hundred percent sure.

"Can I have written instructions on how to turnt up?" he teased me and I slapped his chest softly. 

"Oh, shush it Niall." I scoffed at him. He wasn't funny! It was kind of funny actually, but he was just being a little nerd.

"I injected four whole marijuanas." he chuckled, still making it into a joke. I continued to laugh with him. Why was it so funny to joke about drugs? I meant that in the most innocent way too.

"Niall, you need to stop." I laughed. He grabbed both of my cheeks and pressed my face up to his, leaving a big, sloppy kiss on my lips. I giggled and cuddled back into his chest. He turned his head so he could continue to watch the movie, but I drifted off to sleep in his arms.

~~~~~~~

Oh Gosh I am soooo sorry I have such crude and stupid humor. Honestly I need to stop XDDD I shouldn't try and make you guys laugh.. but most of the "funny" stuff I write is stuff I hear at school and voila! it becomes part of the story.. ya dig? (; LOL no okay. bye guys hope you enjoyed. comment and vote! ♥

stats:
sept 17, 2013
6,379 reads, 435 votes, 232 comments
fan fic #871
teen fic #567