29

NOTE: I worked really hard on this chapter for fucks sake it's my longest chapter ever, please take a second of your time to leave your reactions in the comments and vote thanks so much x
~~~

"What do you mean you're going to be busy tomorrow?" I sighed at Harry through the computer screen. 

"I have to do some things, calm down Dani." he chuckled lowly, adjusting himself so he was laying on his stomach. For a few moments I could see down his t-shirt, black drawings evident on his chest. They made me curious, but I guess those were for another night. 

"Can't you do some things with your oh so lovely girlfriend?" I pleaded, resting my hand on my chin, my elbow digging into my bed. He chuckled and shook his head as he finished laying down. He put one hand on top of the other and rested his chin on them. The bottom of his face was slowly sinking into his bed. 

"On Tuesday, I promise." He smiled cheekily to me. His hair was a mess and he seemed pretty tired at the moment. His eyes were barely staying open but I knew he was staying awake because I was awake.

"Fine, fine." I giggled quietly. I flipped my head over, gathering all of my hair at the top and wrapping a hair tie around it. I'd make a bun but I was too lazy, so I threw it into a ponytail. 

"Flawless, just beautiful." he teased me, adding a small wink at the end. I shook my head and a few strands of hair fell in front of my face. 

"Oops." I mumbled, pushing the fallen strands to the side. 

"I could do that better than you." he challenged me and I laughed out loud. 

"You don't even have a hairtie Harry." I said sweetly.

"Bee are bee." he pronounced BRB out loud, sounding like a goofball. I stared at the screen, flicking my eyes back- he was too cute. I took out my phone from beside me and opened any texts I hadn't opened. I was texting Zayn before I called Harry. 

From Zayn: excuse me ma'am there is a crisis i am oUT OF BAGELS I REPEAT OUT OF BAGELS

To Zayn: you're on drugs i think 

From Zayn: have you ever lived your life without bagels dani. have u?

To Zayn: all day every day

From Zayn: You are a trooper. god bless your soul x 

To Zayn: ew don't kiss me ur such a girl omg

From Zayn: i am NOT

To Zayn: you really are... :-))))

From Zayn: you're a bullyface. :[

To Zayn: i am NOT . hahah guess who i am. guess. guess. 

From Zayn: oprah?

I choked on nothing at his last text, giggling to myself. I looked up and saw Harry walking back into his room so I set my phone back down to my side and gave him all of my attention. "What have you been up to?" he asked me teasingly.

"Texting Oprah, no big deal." I shrugged the best I could in the position I was in. He chuckled and shook his head, sitting on his knees. His head was cut off from the view but I could see his torso and legs. His arms came up, flexing ever so slightly as he messed with his hair.

A curly mess appeared on the screen and his hands were grabbing it in bunches, trying to wrap an elastic around it to make a ponytail. I covered my mouth with my hand as I giggled, watching him attempt to make a ponytail. 

"God damnit these are a lot harder than you'd think." he mumbled under his breath as his fingers got caught between the hair tie and his hair. This only made me giggle harder and he stopped what he was doing to look up at me. A half-smirk occupied his face as he looked at me, his hair balled up in a mess. It wasn't that bad actually. 

"Bravo!" I fake clapped for him, "You're way better at that than I am." I told him what he wanted to hear, although both of us knew we were equally tragic disasters when it came to putting our hair up in ponytails. 

"What do you think? Should I start wearing my hair like this?" He stroked the top of his head 'seductively', raising his eyebrows at me. 

"Oh most definitely." I joked with him, rolling my eyes. He kept his hair up as he laid back down on his stomach, giving me yet again, a view straight down his shirt. "You seem tired." I commented once he was in view again. He nodded and laid his chin down on his hands. 

"I am." he agreed. 

"Go to sleep." I demanded in the sweetest tone I could. He laughed and put his hands on the laptop so he could exit out of Skype. 

"I'll see you soon babe." he mumbled over the computer. I nodded at him, letting him know he most definitely will. "Sleep tight beautiful." he smiled lazily at me, making me smile in return. I nodded once and blew him a kiss. 

"Goodnight Harold." I teased him and we both ended the call at the same time, but not before he 'caught' my kiss and slapped it on his cheek. What a cutie!

I opened up an internet tab and searched for a game I could play to keep me occupied. I wasn't quite ready to fall asleep quite yet. I just needed to do something to make me tired. I sat up in my bed, pulling the covers over my lap and setting my laptop over my thighs. 

I began to play a game I used to play on the internet called 'BLOONS'. You had to pop a certain amount of balloons with a limited amount of darts. It was quite a big deal back in the day. By back in the day, I meant before I discovered tumblr. But since I don't use my blog anymore, I might aswell get back on old hobbies. If internet games were considered hobbies?

I made it to level 24 before I got stuck and frustrated with the game. I was texting Zayn the entire time though, so he was pretty much distracting me. I blame Zayn for all of my balloon frustrations! I scowled at the stupid game, trying to beat the level, when I got a new Skype call. 

"Hey Ruben." I hesitantly answered him, lifting up my knees so I could see him better. Also because I didn't need to give him the view of under my little friends, if you know what I mean. Tank tops are pretty tight if you asked me.

"Dannica," he chuckled lowly, smiling at me. 

"How's it going?" I asked him cautiously. 

"Pretty good. I was just seeing if you were awake." he smiled ever so slightly, seeming innocent. "Why are you awake, by the way?" he asked me curiously. 

"I was just playing on my laptop." I casually responded, leaning back on my bed. He nodded a few times, probably not sure of what to say next. I smiled kindly and stared at him, waiting for him to say something. But he didn't. 

"So what are you up to?" I asked him nicely, trying to start a conversation. 

"Just relaxing," he said in a cool tone, trying to seem chill and laid back. Of course I was mentally laughing in the back of my head. I absolutely hated when people tried to act cool. And Ruben, oh Ruben, he was the master at pretending to be cool. It was more than a little lame. 

"I see." I lifted my eyebrows up, containing my giggles. 

"Yeah but, it's getting a little hot. I'm going to just," he reached down to the hem of his shirt. He was sitting in a chair, which was most likely at the desk of his bedroom, because I saw most of his body. Unlike me- I was just a lit up face laying on a bed. "Take this off," he mumbled as he lifted his shirt over his head. 

"If that's okay," he smiled teasingly at me once he pulled it off. I looked at the screen. I'd be lying if I said I didn't examine his body for a second. Just because he was awkward and embarrassing, didn't mean he wasn't good looking. 

Now believe me when I say that I'm far more attracted to Harry. I've only seen him shirtless once though, and I was practically gagging just at the sight of his horrid face. His horrid, horrid face that I'd kill to kiss again at this moment. And his stupid dimples that are actually really adorable... It was just the way his eyes sparkled whenever he smiled, and the way his hair fell over his forehead. He looked so cute whenever he'd-

I shook my head, snapping out of my daze about Harry, because I was actually still staring at Ruben. Of course he's going to think I was thinking about him and not Harry. This Skype call just became extremely awkward. "Um," I mumbled. "That's fine." I looked down at the keys of my laptop, fidgeting with my blanket. 

"You look so cute right now," he tried flirting with me, but I just stared down and forced a smile. This was a bit more than awkward, to be honest. 

"Thanks, you look so," I looked up at him, "You should put your shirt back on." I told him, scrunching my eyebrows together. I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't want to see anyone without their shirt on unless it was Harry. 

"Alright, I'm sorry." he apologized, a sincere smile across his face. I smiled back at him, mouthing 'thanks' and sitting back in my bed. "But I just have one question." he said slyly, looking at me with a sexual smirk. I bit my lip nervously and looked at him, so he could continue. 

"Yes?"

"I've been trying out this new workout and I was wondering if you could tell me how my results are." he stood up, so I couldn't see his face anymore. Just his body. I sighed and slapped my forehead for a second. "Can you see my 6 pack?" he asked curiously. 

I stared at the screen, looking at his stomach. There was no doubt that he had a pack forming, but I didn't see why it mattered what I thought. I was looking through a computer screen, couldn't he go ask Desirae or something? At least she'd want to see it. "Yep, it's there." I said eerily, turning to the side so I didn't have to look. 

He leaned down and looked at me happily, like a puppy. It was as if I was making his night a whole lot better. It was kind of adorable, but I still felt extremely awkward. I was just waiting for him to put his shirt back on. 

"Do you know what v lines are?" he asked me and I nodded in response. "Well look." he stood back up straight, hooking his fingers on his basketball shorts. I covered my eyes as he started to slide them down the slightest bit. "No, look. It's not dirty." he said lowly, chuckling.

I uncovered my eyes and his crotch area was basically grinding up against the computer. I let out a small yip and threw the computer off of me, very quickly. "Oops, too close." he chuckled, backing away. He pulled down on his shorts ever so slightly, revealing his 'v-lines'.

"Cool." I muttered and looked away again. I was seconds away from ending this call and telling him to just leave me alone, forever. 

"You like that baby?" 

I covered my mouth and put my thumb over the camera so he couldn't see me anymore, letting myself laugh insanely hard, but completely silently. He could still hear, so I just made it exaggerated with only my facial expressions. I calmed myself and removed my finger. "Sorry," I apologized with a smile. 

"You look like you have sex hair," he commented. 

"Because you know what that looks like, right?" I mocked him, being a sarcastic asshole. 

"Well I know what you'd look like after you took this c-"

"Okay Ruben, I'm really tired I should go to bed." I told him quickly, not wanting him to finish that sentence. I did not want him to finish that sentence at all. Nope. Nope. Bad boy. This was not okay with me at all. 

"And I was just getting to the good part," he shook his head, pretending to be disappointed. My eyes widened as I stared back at him, feeling more than a little freaked out. What a pig! Absolutely disgusting!

"Yep, you sure were." I said sarcastically.

"Maybe another time. Like when you get back, right?" he winked at me and I scoffed. 

"Yeah, no." I bluntly told him. 

"We'll work around that, it's okay Dani. You're only scare 'cause you're a virigin, right babe?" he asked me in the most nonchalant voice anyone could ever muster, under such circumstances. My mouth dropped wide open and he chuckled. 

"Bye," I said harshly, ending the phone call. I scoffed to myself and crossed my arms over my chest. I felt so disgusting, scared and nervous, all at once. I felt the need to shower 357583 times and burn my skin in acid. Not a very nice feeling, actually. 

I dialed up Harry immediately. I felt my eyes tearing up, still completely disgusted. I just wanted Harry to pick up his phone right now. I needed him. That's all I needed. "Hello?" a sleepy voice came from the other side of the phone. I instantly remembered how tired he was when he went to bed. And I was disturbing him in his sleep...

"Dannica are you okay?" he asked me after I didn't answer. I shook my head and kept silent, sniffling once. Well now I couldn't act like I sleep dialed him. Good job Dani. "Babe answer me." he pleaded over the phone, sounding worried. 

I brought my legs up closer to me, bundling myself in a ball. "Hi." I mumbled quietly, hearing him sigh out of relief. 

"Are you okay?" he asked me curiously, his voice croaky. 

"I uh," I mumbled, wiping a tear from my cheek. I set my hand on my forehead, looking down at the sheets on my bed, shaking my head side to side. "I just, can't sleep." I told him quietly. "I'm sorry I called, I forgot you were tired, and I didn't mean to disturb you. I feel really bad, I'm just going to go," I rambled on, feeling like crap. 

"No, no, calm down. It's fine." he said sweetly. I heard his bed creak under him, signaling that he was sitting up from his bed. That only made me feel even worse. Why was I so needy? "You seem tense. Scared." he noted, "Are you scared?" he asked. 

"Nope." I lied, "Just paranoid I guess, I don't even know." I sighed. 

"Okay well, calm down." he instructed, "breathe slowly," he said, and I did just that. "Good job babe. Now lay down under your covers." I laid down under my covers, as he instructed, and got as comfy as possible, putting my phone under my head so I could still hear him talking to me. 

"Do you like One Republic?" he asked me, catching me off guard. 

"Mm, yeah I guess." I said softly, waiting for him to answer me. He cleared his throat and started to sing to me softly.

(I'm copying and pasting ok.)

♪♫ Lately, I've been, I've been losing sleep