Ritsu's side II

This sucks. I feel awful plus I'm soaking wet.

Have I been nominated as one of the unluckiest people in the world? Plus why'd I have to be with that sort of guy. I needn't to force myself.

I pray Mugi and Tachibana-kun let us switch pairs.

"Tainaka-san?"

Oh speak of the devil.

My breathing skipped a little and my heart jumped. Yeah, he's the only one who could make me feel this way. I should ask him to pair up with me.

"Were you following me? Tachibana-kun? And where's Mugi?"

He was holding an umbrella, staring intently at me from head to toe.

"Ah this? Haha! Nope I'm okay! I'm used to being wet like this, me and my brother used to play in the rain before!"

He went closer and handed me the umbrella. "Hold this."

His smell was next to mine, it was a mix of grass and a popular perfume 'defoux'. My brother used that one a lot.

He quickly took of his jacket and covered me. "You're a girl Tainaka-san." Were the only things he said.

What should I do... I feel like crying again. I never thought I've become such a crybaby lately, but his words peirce too much, it hurts.

A boy thinks I'm a girl? I was too happy and sad at the same time it showed me a halfhearted smile.

We stopped at a cafe nearby. We were lucky it wasn't so crowded plus there was a warmer. He took a coffee from a vending machine.

"You're cold right? Here." Makoto handed me a canned coffee. It had just the right warmth that seeped within my fingers.

"Thanks." I sniffed then immediately opened the can and took a sip.

My nose was red and stuffy.

"Hey Tachibana-kun..." It's come to this so I might probably just ask him.

"Hmm?" He looked, his eyes were really small and kind.

"Do you want, to, you know..." My heart was taking over me. I can't stop the beating. For such a cold weather I'd be red like this for a man I met only yesterday.

Now he looked confused.

In a way, I also felt scared. Afraid he might go out with me out of pity. It's better than a half-assed man.

"Would you want to swit--"

"Oh Ricchan!" My shiver went across my spine when I saw Mugi behind me.

"W-w-w-what the heck Mugi!" I spouted, heavily breathing.

"My, I didn't think we'd end up in the same spot to shed from the rain..." She says as she put a hand on her mouth. "This is perfect, I wanted to ask the two of you something. Hihi ^_^." just then, Rin-kun came from her back.

"Can we switch?" Mugi says with a slight blush across her face.

It felt as if an empty void suddenly hit me. What...

I knows this feeling really well. It's the feeling when I lose the battle.

"W-well..." I looked at Tachibana-kun. Judging by his looks, it was enough to shatter me.

"Uhm..." I don't know what to answer,

If I said yes I'll hurt him, but if I said no, I'll hurt her. I looked at the floor.

"Hm? Do you not want to Riccha-"

"It's not like that Mugi! I..." Don't know anymore.

"Why?"

Why...

Why? First of all, the guy I hate is in front of me, making one of my best friends her girlfriend. I didn't want any of that.

Second, looking at Tachibana standing beside me, not saying a thing. I think he disagrees and is disappointed. That just proves it he doesn't want to switch.

Lastly, I'm left with no choice again.

I feel as if I'm always left in the scene.

I was left in the battle ground.

"We approve." Tachibana-kun smiled at me. He grabbed my hands, nod at them and dragged me along. I smiled, obviously it was a fake one.

I went on too. Expecting a change of heart, I looked behind me, at Mugi and Rin-kun. They were laughing as if nothing happened. As if the happiness was stolen from us.

It felt terrible, that the guy who was holding my hand doesn't actually like me, but prefers of me as a second choice.

I let go of his grip. "That's enough, Tachibana-kun."

"That's enough." I looked at his face, it wasn't happy nor sad. It was empty and null before a tear suddenly trickled from his face.

His face couldn't hold it in. I felt like tearing up too, but what if he'd ask me why? I don't want to answer anymore.

"I thought she liked me though." He says following a laugh. "I'm sorry Tainaka-san. This feeling will leer off possibly tomorrow. Let's end this day right now. I'll send you home."

I want to hesitate, but I let him follow me. We exchanged emails along the way.

Then we reached our house. I smiled at him, waiting for him to leave off first.

"Go in. I'll watch you." He said.

"Are you really going to be okay?"

"Let's just text each other"

I nodded and entered the house. I stopped and leaned my back on the door.

Thinking about it, I've never been hurt like this my entire life.

It was the most painful I felt so far, because I know the feeling will come back again the next say.