Ritsu IX

I woke up stiff in my bed that morning. I didn't want to get up plus face the people whom I've betrayed; Mugi, Makoto.

I slid down my uniform past my waist and my brother was exceptionally quiet today. We didn't talk much, besides his noisy personality.

I expected that Makoto won't be there outside, since we fought last time... But I see him smiling again from the window.

I started to tremble, but even so still had the courage to step outdoors. He had a wide smile on his face, like yesterday didn't happen at all. It was a different smile though, and the last time I saw it was when he was rejected by Mugi.

"So? How've you been?" He asks to break off the awkwardness. I was thankful because I felt nervous at the moment.

"I'm fine... and you?" I began sweating. I was thinking of giving a talk to him, right now.

"Let's forget about yesterday?"

I came shocked about his words. I can do that, yes. But it's going to be harder to talk the other matter out without a reason...

"Makoto, uhm..." how should I say this?

"Thank you for forgetting it. I love you Ritsu. I love you very much." He locked his eyes on me, gazing at me with glistening eyes. It made it harder for me to say, like the words I came up with got stuck between my throat.

I couldn't say anything... And just gulped.

"...yeah." then looked away.

idiot.

The mood became cheerful when Yui and the others waved at me.

"Hey!!! Overrr heeeerrreee!!!" She waved cheerfully like the cold didn't budge her at all. It was near wintertime, in between fall but the snow hasn't showed up yet.

My nose felt tingly so I blew breath on my gloves, which in return only gave me a handful of cold smoke.

I looked at Makoto, who seemed to be pressed by the mood. I didn't reject the atmosphere either so I just joined in, back to my usual personality, normal life. Or so I say...

Rin was there, he stared at blank space. The others thought it was weird we didn't quarrel this time... especially Mugi.

Mio nodded. So did the others, as if telepathetically saying we decided to ignore each other and move on with life because we're done fighting. But the reason's much, much farther away than that.

I smiled seeing how foolish they look with the quiet speech, and there I just stood... More of a fool than anyone else, so afraid to reason out with everybody.

"I'll, head inside." Rin turned around and started marching away.

"Wait Rin-chan!" The short blonde followed along. Then so they slowly headed to their designated classes.

I was left with Mugi, with a worried face. She cupped a hand around my ears.

"I want to tell you something right after lunchtime Ricchan... Please spare a few minutes. I'll wait by the tree near the schoolyard." she whispered.

Then ran and caught the others...

I gave a halfhearted smile, when they waved goodbye to me.

It went on same as usual, like I wasn't absent for my classes. Around lunchtime I drank a cup full of water. It relieves my nervousness. I wonder what Mugi and I will talk about? Just thinking about it gives me hot flashes and cold sweat.

I entered the roofdoor with a green napkin clothing wrapped around my lunchbox. It's pretty cold to eat outside, so I guess this should be the last for this year we'll be eating here.