Rei & Azusa

Azusa Nakano hung around a concert hall in hopes to see her favorite band play. It was supposed to be their last concert before they disband. Even though she was in a tight spot, she endured the constant pushing. In her dismay, the concert for the band was canceled.

Now she came out from the crowd sulking... Disappointed from the news she just heard.

By the exit though, just then she sees a particular person.

Rei Ryuugazaki.

It was dark because the evening had already shifted into night, the luminosity of the neon lights from inside had illuminated their skin.

She stood there, staring at him and he at her.

"Wha-- what are you doing here Ryuugazaki-kun??" she asks tilting her head.

"I was... Just passing by then you showed up?? How about you Nakano-san?"

Although they don't know each other well, they knew each other's name because they're both in the same class in the math department.

The boy put a hand on his jaw as if he was thinking. "Mmmm..."

"Wanna walk together then?"

This made Azusa a little shocked.
"Well, if you don't mind?"

They watched each other's step along the bricked path. It was somehow weird because their footwork synchronized.

"How weird," Rei tried to change his movements, making it a little different than Azusa. But it's the same again. He pushed his glasses further. "Nakano-san. Can you stop for a bit as I will calculate something?"

Azusa nodded. Rei started to mumble nerdy things. "2.0 square root of 3 divide by... and the congruence of these objects moving along..." Azusa began to wonder.

"What are you doing?"

"A little bit more..."

This would take forever. . . Azusa thought. She was sometimes like that too but learned to control herself.

"Ryuugazaki-kun. It's an inconsistent equation." She blurted in the middle of his meddling.

"How illogical Nakano-san!"

Azusa giggled. "I was just kidding, Ryuugazaki-kun..." she continued to laugh.

Rei had streak blush on his cheeks. "Hmmp... Well I apologize for my irregular state Nakano-san. I've always wanted things in proportion you see."

Azusa smiled. "I understand Ryuugazaki-kun."

"You can call me Rei. Ryuugazaki-kun is way too long right?" he says with a grin.

It felt a little bit too early for Azusa, they're still acquainted.

"Rei..."
So I guess we're friends , now ? she thought.

"Have you had dinner yet Nakano-san?"

"Nope. And you can call me Azusa."

They both laughed.

"How illogical." she says sarcastically.

"Indeed."

They stopped by a cafe, it looked like it's for rich people. But Rei entered without second thoughts nevertheless.

"So what do you want to order?" he says at the fidgeting Azusa. Azusa preferred a cheap cafe, as long as it had food. She wasn't a cheapskate though. But the food on this one was a bit too... Expensive.