Rin

So this is a chapter about...

*drumrolls*

You guessed it right! Rin!
Yeah sorry I'm not trying to be Dora. Anyway I'm writing this part for what happened to Rin in the past waaaaay before. Do you guys remember from chapter 8 of Ritsu when he says he always wanted her again by his side? Well, well! Here it comes...

~~~~

It was a clear thursday afternoon, when we first met. The splash of cold water from the sea, as I build up my first ever sand castle. It looked like rubbish and a little bit stupid. It looked like me, easily destroyed with one attack.

I was crying that day, because I thought at that time I had no more friends to spend time with. I was also bullied, and as a kid with such a small frame, I didn't want to fight them back.

I cried on that same spot everyday. But that thursday it was different, besides the first sand castle... I also met you.

You were there, staring at a seashell intently. Just then a large tear fell from your eyes.

"Mommy... Bro..." You said as you carved these words on the sand. It looked like you didn't notice me at all.

"Hey..." I poked you with a stick. I didn't want to move from my position, those bullies might come and smash my castle.

She was squating down.

"Hey." I poked again. She didn't seem to notice.

I finally decided to stand up and sit beside her. It was sort of an exception, I didn't want to see anyone to cry like me. I thought, she should be thankful I moved to sit beside her, rather than protect my own castle.

I was angry because she didn't notice me.

"HEY!" I shouted on her ear. "Ooooow!!!!" she covered them. "WHAT IF I BECOME DEAF HUH?! HUH???" she asks still teary eyed.

I wiped them with my arms. "Quit crying, it makes people ugly you know!" I said.

"Then why were you crying earlier?!" she asks.

I was dumbfounded that time, then I was also teary eyed, then slowly, I also began to cry.

"It doesn't concern you! I don't cry cause of useless things..." I said ignoring the fact I was also a crybaby.

"I'm Ritsu. What's your name?" she was still looking down on the shell.

"Mom calls me Rinchan."

She  stretched out her hands. "Let's be friends, Rinchan!" She says as she had a wide grin.

Even though her forehead was wide and funny, to me she looked very beautiful and pure and real. She wasn't like the other kids then, mistreating people for fun or caring about looks. She was a kid, as how a kid's supposed to be.

Everyday that day, without even deciding it we played on the same time of the day. Waiting for each other to come.

Some days we brought a lot of toys, and threw them at the sea. We thought they'd float to a land where nobody exists. Some days we build the largest sandcastle we could, expecting the sand to run out and we could make the largest castle ever. Sometimes we collect seashells, and at times, well... We just stare at the sea.

Those days were full of laughter. We had a world of our own. We thought, if that would go on forever, would be the happiest time of our lives.

Luck came through when I met more friends, those were Haruka, Makoto and Nagisa. They were from the swimming team and we won a lot of competitions then. I used to brag about it to Ritsu, saying I was the best of them all.

Little by little though, I didn't know but I spent lesser time on the beach with that first friend I had.

I went to that place sometimes, she was still there.

I was afraid she'd be angry I didn't play with her more often anymore. But that time I've seen her carving on the sand again.

"I don't care if I look ugly... Just play with me Rinchan!!" She shouted at the sea. It was the loudest ever, and those words repeatedly echoed on my mind.

I was scared...

Yes, I admit. I'm a coward. So afraid to show my feelings.

I ran away, and when I came home my mom and dad were fighting again.

"What?! So you're at it again! Don't you want to spend more time on your family?!" It was my moms voice, she sounded like she was struggling.

"I'm doing this business for the family, don't you understand??" My little sister was crying back then, she was really scared.

They suddenly decided to leave my little sister to mom, and I remain with dad. They didn't divorce, it was because of my dad's job. We were going to another country.

I didn't want to come, but I didn't want mom and dad to fight any further. So I just went along.

It was three days before leaving, I had lied to my friends. I didn't want them to worry about me, so I reason out with stupidity and they believed it. I said I was going to practice there and be the best of all the swimmers. It was painful to say, especially to my very best friend Haruka Nanase.

I can't even let a one bit "I'm sorry" come out of my mouth.

Before I left, I wanted to see her.

I thought she'll never be back at the spot anymore, and I never expected her to be. But what came was a surprise. She was there, staring at the glistening sea.

She was humming a particular song, twinkle twinkle little star.

"Hmmm... Lalala~ twinkle twinkle little star~ how I wonder what you are~~ up above the world so high... Like a diamond in the sky~ twinkle twinkle little star..." A tear suddenly dropped from her eyes as she was about to finish the phrase. "Can I ask? Where are you now..."

"I'm right here.." I whispered, I was hiding behind a palm tree.

She turned her around three hundred and sixty degrees.