Ritsu VII

We dropped by the food stalls not far from the school.

For a year and a half since I last went here, I missed all of the delicious takoyaki my taste buds could only take during festivals.

Then we went to the Ramen store, I ate three bowls while Rin had five. I almost vomited because I was so full and he had more room for more.

After filling up my belly we sat on the bench by the candy store.
I remembered the time we hanged out on this spot with my girl friends.

The bell rings as the door from the store closes, and I see a Rin bringing two large ice cream on his hand.

"What? You're still not full?"

He looked around...myNot so loud shhh. I don't like anybody seeing me eating this much."

Pffft what a narcissist. "Oh reaally."

He handed me the pink ice cream, while he had the blue one. I guess I have a special room for desserts.

"Thanks." I say, looking away.

"What? I can't hear you. speak louder."

He intentionally said that on purpose to tease me. "Shaddup." I said as I licked my ice cream.

"I said thanks." I repeated.

He spread his arms across the bench, reaching it behind my back. Although it didn't touch me, I felt kind of embarrassed.

"You touchy feely bastard."

He looked at his arms, then smiled. "Didn't know a gay like you would be shy like that..."

Suddenly it began to turn awkwardly silent.

So I decided to talk.
"Hey--" but was cut off anyway.

"Don't you think... Friendship and Enemies have a reaaally thin silver lining?"

Huh? What's he on about? But I guess I think so.

"Well yeah,"

"Why do you ask?"

He had a pout on his face.
"Idiot." Then looked away.

What the--
"This punk, what're you trying to pick a fight again?"

He looked serious as he stares at me.

"W-what?" I averted my eyes.

"Do you want to, you know," he started sweating, looked away. "You know, become frieennmndssxz--" he placed a hand on his temple. "or something."

I blushed a little. "Huh? Try saying it clearly" I'm just making sure.

"From all the shameless things you've done, now, you're asking me that way--"

"Let's be friends."

For awhile we were awkward again. I mean he's somewhat asking the impossible, even if we were to be friends, I bet we won't stop fighting anyways.

"What's the difference?" We looked at each other. "I don't know but I guess there is a silver lining between friendship and enemies."

I offered my hand. "Friendship accepted."

Rin slapped it away. I thought he was trying to be rude. Then slapped the back of my hand and finally formed a fist.

"Fist bump." He says.

I don't want to admit it. But it was cute.

"Ewww! Did I just think of that?"

"What you're grossed out?! You little..."

Before he could say anything I started to laugh again. "Pffft... Hahaha..."

"HAHAHA!"

"hey what's so funny... Pffft..." He followed along too.

Right then we laughed at each other's faces.

I guess I like it this way too. I think I'm glad.

We spent the whole afternoon, sitting on the bench. Finally looking at the setting sun.

I fell asleep, so did he. It was an exhausting day after all.

The sky had such a beautiful sight, with the orange hues and a little bit of mixed pink and violet on the feather clouds. Somehow it felt romantic in a way.

I looked at the 'new' friend, happily snoring away in his seat.

I pat him. "Hey. Wake up." Didn't budge anyway.

"Hey." I moved closer.

I notice his lips, they're shiny...
His eyes are like a cat's sharp on the edges, his hair match the sky it was soft but had gentle, yet feirce in a way.

Without a thought, I brushed away a few hair covering his face, to get a better view.

What if he wakes upI thought.

I don't know, but...

Somehow...

Staring at his face...

...
...

...
...

...
...

...
...

The rate of mt heart beat increases.

Author's note:

😍 you know what I mean 😜 I'm slowly shipping my story (lol)... It's weird tbh.