Ritsu's side IV

Waaa! Sorry for the late update, especially those who are looking up to this story. Well, here it is! Please do enjoy! :)

~~~

After lunch, we went back to our classes. Had spent the day like any other again, so quiet so boring. It made my feet tap every time the teacher wrote on the black board. I admit I missed playing the drums. Those days me and the light music club had formed a unfathomable friendship. Tied to the strings in our hearts.

It made me quite a philosophical nerd too. Way before, when I try to remember all the nostalgic things we did... It just made me want to do those things all over again. With the one I love. Mio, Yui, Mugi, Azusa and I.

Thinking about it, I had quite a fun highschool life. Enough about that.

By evening Makoto-kun waited at the gate. Girls started to steal glances from him. Why not. He's a good looking guy.

"Yo." I waved my right hand.

He smiled, his eyes were small so whenever he did, it would be buried within his cheeks.

I observed his face.

"What are you doing?" He had a slight blush on his cheek.

"Nothing. Just looking at how handsome my boyfriend is, that is." I elbowed him, hoping he'd be angry like Mio.

He slightly opened his mouth. Then smiled again.

"Well."

He kept staring at me. "Wh-what!" my head's spinning.

I can't read his mind. I've got quite the intuition but this time it's just complicated.

"I think your reaaally beautiful. Inside out." My eyes widened. My heartbeat can't be counted at the moment.

He drew his face nearer. Some girls stopped to look at us, whispering. Some were all 'kyaa' this and 'kya' that.

"Ma-Makoto-kun!" I started to pant. Well it was embarrassing as hell you know.

"You're my girlfriend, and I love you." His statement didn't suit his smexy demeanor at the moment and more importantly some girls are squirting blood from their noses.

He chuckled, grabbed my wrist and we walked away.

"M-Makoto." My heart made me slow my breathing. My face felt flurry and my whole body was shaking.

He didn't answer back.

"Makoto-kun!"

He continued walking.

I forced my way from his grip and faced him. Only to see the reddest face I've ever seen. I thought he was out of breath so I started to worry.

"Are you o-okay Makoto?!"

He squat down and palmed his face.

"I can't... What did I just do." He mumbled.

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"I can't face you anymore Ritsu."

I kneeled down to see his face. "Let me see."

I removed his hands from his face. His eyes were squinting and his whole face was red. I'm glad nobody was around.

"What are you shy for?" then I pinched his nose. "Dumbass."

His face was funny. I don't know but at that moment I started giggling. He was flustered, but then also laughed. We laughed like we've encountered the funniest thing in the world.

We stood up and walked beside each other again.

Our footsteps were synchronized.

It was quiet. Nobody was walking in the paved street. Then Makoto suddenly looked serious.

"Can I ask you? Do you really love me Ritsu?"

What's this sudden turn of event?

I thought he was joking. I knew he wasn't quite the joker.

"What's that?" I looked down.

"Do you love me as a lover, or a friend?"

I looked away. Does he doubt my feelings? Might as well tell him then.

"You know, I feel like I'm left behind a lot. They never noticed, but I always had a hallow kind of emptiness inside me. I wanted someone to fill it. I don't know what's missing inside me, and haven't found it yet."

He looked confused. "why?"

"Why I'm left behind again? You ask...

Well, to be honest I don't know myself. But when I see my friends being happy without me, it feels like I'm losing myself. Like I'm depressed. Wearing a smiling mask to cover up my rottenly stained heart. My jealousy." I followed a laugh.

"Eeeh... That has nothing to do with the question I had earlier."

I laghed as a response.

"But why do you feel that way, Ritsu-san?"

"Who knows?" I looked up the orange sky. "Who knows." Closed my eyes and smiled.

When I felt lips between my eyes on top of my nose.

"Waa!" I moved back. Looked at him, then ran away.

My house was nearby though. I saw my brother pass by me in his pajamas.

"Sis? Why are you red? Did your boyfriend kiss you?"

This brat!

"Shaddup!!!"

"I'm just asking don't yell"

I slammed the door of my room.

"He kissed me he kissed me he kissed..." I chanted endlessly.

While on Makoto's side...

"She ran..." He whispered.

He then laughed.

His eyes suddenly sharpened and looked peirced.
"I won't let anybody steal my Ritsu."