C.1

So that's what I did. I ran. I can't believe what just happened. After I ran to my dorm I locked the door, went in the bathroom and cried.

I want my dad.

I want my papi.

I hate being who I am sometimes.

I hear a knock on the door and get up to clean myself up. I get out of the bathroom throwing my backpack on the couch. whip my eyes one last time and open the door. I'm greeted with Calums open arms.

"Oh my gosh Darcy are you okay?" He asks unraveling his arms from me.
"What are you talking about?" I pretend not to know what's going on.

"Darcy, I heard the fucking math teacher call you attractive. That's not normal. I also had seen that you ran, plus I heard crying." Calum explans crossings his arms.

"Shut up!" I shout closing the door pushing him in my room locking the door. "You don't know crap Hood."

"Are you really going to defend a teacher who was trying to harass you? Did he touch you?" Calum is frantic pacing around my room.

"No, he didn't touch me." I lie and touch my hair still feeling his finger tips linger.
"Don't you dare lie Darcy." He shouts.

"Calum don't talk to me like I'm ten! I'm eighteen! I know what I'm doing!" I shout back.

"But you don't that's the thing Darcy! I've seen people on TV dying because of rape!"

"He didn't rape me! He touched my hair and called me attractive that's it! It's over!" Tears are now streaming down my face.

"No, Darcy don't cry. Shit." He clears my tears.
"Sorry, it's just... I don't know." I huff.

"You never know," He says and we laugh, "What a cute laugh." He whispers and I freeze.

"Well, um do you wanna hear my short story?" I ask and Calum eyes light up. He nods and I get my notebook and sit on my bed with him.

"She. Everyone saw her as happy. Which wasn't the whole truth. She was a quite person yet fun and vibrant like if pink and black had a conversation. She was known as the kid who never talked, but in all reality she had bite marks are her tongue from all the words never said. She kept it inside. Never wanting anyone to open up her heart. Her imagination never lost its touch but the more she cried the more it started fading away. She. The Hope. Love and Imagination." I didn't even realize I was shaking.

"The only thing that told me is that your scared. Let's try this : everyday you tell me one thing about your life, I can ask questions and vice-versa." He says.

"Calum, it's been one day. I think I need more time to open up with someone." I shake my head.

"Okay... then let's wait 3 months then let's start?"

"It's still not that simple. If I didn't open up to the people I went to school with for years. How can I open up to you in 3 months?" Is he kidding me right now?

"Darcy, I wanna know you." He takes my hands which makes me jump and move away from him.

"Calum, you've only known me for a day calm down." I open my door walking to my kitchen.

"Because you've never had anyone try to know you. Look at me Darcy I'm trying!" He walks over to me.

"I don't know." I say sitting my my counter. My answer was always I don't know. I didn't want to know.

Darcy, you wanna go shopping?
I don't know.

Darcy, do you want diner?
I don't know.

Darcy, how are you?
I don't know.

Darcy, are you happy?
No.

"Tell me about your world?" He asks.
"Calum I just-"

"Luke stop!" I'm cut off by Jasmin giggling. They see us and stop what they are doing. We all are in awkward silence.

"I better go." Calum specks up.
"Nonsense, Luke and I were going to go for lunch you two should come." Jasmin says with a wink.

"Let's go then!" I say in a fake happy tone. I get off the counter and we all walk to the Subway on campus.

"Boys order for us will grab our seats." Jasmine waves to the boys. "You and Calum so are dating!" She yelps.

"Its Calum and I plus No, We were sharing short stories." I defend and see Ashton and Michael walk in with two girls.

"Ashley! Bryana!" Jasmin cheers running up to them.

"Ugh, you know I hate my name. Why don't you just call me Halsey?" The girl with blue hair asks.

"Because Halsey sounds like a name you would use if you were a singer," Jasmine replies and they all laugh, "Well this is Darcy."

"Hi I'm Bryana Ashtons' girlfriend." The light blondeh haired girl shakes my hand.

"I'm Ashley, Michaels uh friend?" They blue haired girl says with a bit of sadness.

"Yeah, well I'm Darcy just a friend of theirs'." They were probably thinking I was with Calum. We all sit down and and talk about what color Ashley should die her hair.

The boys come back and they each have a tray with two sandwiches on it. Everyone is sitting with their guys and I'm just with Calum. They are all holding hands and Calum and I sit eating our food. I still can't believe Calum got a sandwich I liked I'm always picky.

"So how do you like L.A.?" I ask Calum trying to make this less awkward, but it doesn't work because I drop the napkins. "Ah cheese!"

Calum laughs a bit then says "I love it here its much better then Sydney. They do call it the land of opportunity here. Right?"

"Indeed they do. Where dreams are made and crushed," I say in a sarcastic tone, "But after this I do wanna go to Seattle. They are one of the best publishing companies."

"Don't forget ICarly was filmed there," Calum says and I laugh throwing a napkin at him."It's the truth. My favorite was Gibby. He acts like how I would if I was comfortable."

"I liked Sam she was tuff. Someone in my family would always day I used to act like her but less violent." I laugh.

"Who was that person?" He asks.

Maybe I wanted to tell Calum about my dad. Maybe it was time I opened up to someone like Calum.

Here it goes.

Maybe.