M.1

Levi sits down and I give him some water to ease himself. He was much calmer now, but still I could tell he was a bit drunk. It's something I learned how to do when my dad used to get drunk when I was nine.

"Well I went to the bar to have a couple of early drinks. Then you know you texted me, but I saw Calum there with like two different girls. I asked him why he was with them, then he got mad I was dating you. Of course we got in a fight and he said he was coming back here to fuck you." Levi explains.

What is with Calum?

"Well he didnt. I wouldn't have let him." I reassure.

"Fuck him. What was the reason you needed to talk to me?" He questions.

I knew it was now or never. I was a bit scared because he was still a little drunk. Everyone knows not to mess with the drunk person.

"Levi I don't wanna lose you as a friend after this, but I think we should break up. I look at you more as a brother or a really good friend." I say.

He nods at my every word. I could tell he really understood. Which made this even easier on me. Last thing I wanted was to hurt him.

"Darcy, I love you. If you don't feel the same way it's fine. I know you have feelings for Calum. I get that, but just know that I will always be here," He smiles and I see hurt. He kisses me on my temple, which was reassuring, "Let's watch Friends."

"Okay, Lil Levi." I wink and he smiles once again as I lay my head on his lap.

he was that one friend who you didn't wanna let go.

(12:00am)

I wake up to a banging on the door. I was still with Levi and he was fast asleep. This is why it was so easy to pull pranks on him. I shake him awake and he jumps up and rubs his eyes.

"Someone is at the door," I say and he nods. I walk over to the door, opening it and see Calum. He has two beers in his hands, his eyes are red and half open, "Gosh dang it! Levi help?"

Levi rolls his eyes and grabs one of Calums arms. We drag him to the couch and take away the beer putting it in the trash. Why is he always drunk?

"Do you know where the bathroom is?" He slurs then laughs at himself. I hear Levi laugh behind him and I give him a are you kidding me look. I guide him to the bathroom as he stumbles in there.

"Yeah he's shit faced." Levi chuckles.

"It's too late for this. I think you should go." I sigh.

"As your friend and ex I don't think you should be with a drunk man." He objects.

"Come on! We have classes tomorrow. I'll see what I can do. Leave please? I'll call you if anything happens." I push him out the door and let out a sigh. "Calum?"

"Yes dar?" He hums getting out of the bathroom with no pants or shirt on.

Frick me.

"Let's sit on the couch. Yeah?" I suggest. He nods in agreement and he sits on the couch, while I get him some water and pills. "What happened?"

"I got a text from... uh... Jennifer or Jessica. I forgot," He laughs, "She told me we need to talk. She told me my dad called and someone in my family got cancer." Sadness all over his face. He was still sluring his words. An average person wouldn't be able to understand stand but I speak drunk.

Flashback •

"Papi, are you drunk again?" I ask my dad who was laughing like crazy with a random man.

"Yes." He simply says.

"Stop drinking." I mumble.

"Well mija all of the greatest people drank. They drank before they got on stage, wrote poems or painted. You'll soon learn."
I looked at my dad as I see five beer bottles on the table all finished. Papi didn't get drunk often but right after I would see him write or paint.

(A/n- mija = daughter)

Maybe he was happy this way.

It made me sick.

Flashback over •

"Do you remember who got the cancer?" I ask. He didn't seem to drunk right now. Maybe like 40%.

"I can't think" He mumbles hitting himself. "Think think think!"

I put his hands down. He looked so angry  with himself. "Don't do that. We will talk in the morning."

"Can I sleep with you?" He begs as I get up to go to my room.

"Okay." I bluntly say guiding him to my room.

I crawl into my bed getting under the blanket. I feel a dip in the bed and a warm body up against mine. His big arms wrapping around me. I face him running my fingers over his body.

"Why was Levi here?" He asks looking down at me.

"He told me that you said I was going to have sex with you, so he came here. We ended up passed out on the couch." I explain.

"I'm sorry I did that. I hope your happy with him." He sighs.

"I broke up with him."

It was silent. He's expression was unreadable.  Like he didn't know what to say. It felt better this way. I didn't have to feel bad about cuddling with Calum anymore. It felt right, but at the same time I knew he still hasn't broken up with Jessica.

It hurt. I gave up Levi for Calum. I didn't know what I expected out of it. A relationship? I don't even know. I just know if I date Calum it would be very one way. He would be telling me everything about him, while I still tell him nothing.

"Did you do it because of me?" He asks rubbing my cheek every stroke getting softer.

"Yes and no. I don't know what I wanted out of it. I know I didn't like him the way I liked you. Which is weird to say." I give him a light lipped smile.

"I know this," He takes a deep breath, " I love you Darcy Escalante."