O.1

"My dad. He was the most artistic person ever. He believed everything was beautiful. He helped me become a writer, always asking me for help. My dad was the type to never ask for help. He tried to solve his own problems, that's why I think my mom and dad always had fights." I spill to Calum.

I cant believe I finally told Calum about my dad. I haven't told anyone. I don't even talk to my mom about it.

"What happened to him?" He asks.

I knew he would ask.

"He died when I was going to a dance. He died getting a CD he made for me. It was all my fault!" I cry and Calum grabs a hold of me.

"I know how it must have been for you to say that to me. This is good though, it's a sign that you wanna get better and talk through your problems," He says into my hair, "If you don't wanna talk about it then let's talk about you. All I know about you is you like to write."

"Well, My favorite color is purl. My birthday is February 17th. I love old shows from the 90s and mythical things. I hate people who make fun of something someone can't change about themselves." I tell Calum things that I wouldn't even say to a friend.

"I'm glad you told me this, it's the small things like this that makes me happy." He smiles.

"I guess. So far it's just has been really hard."

"It was like that for me too but I opened up to someone because I knew it was better then keeping it inside." He says.

"Who did you open up too?" I ask suddenly curious.

"Luke, Michael and Ashton." He says.

"Friendship goals!" I cheer laughing.

(1:00am)

Calum left after eight. I was in my room sitting at my desk, in front of my Journal. I woke up in the mood to write a story, but I didn't know what to write.

Frick.

I go to my kitchen and open the fridge. I see four beer bottles and grab them. I wasn't a big drinker. It was something I knew I shouldn't do but I just wanted to stop writing about my stupid sob stories and start actually writing something good.

I run in my room locking the door sitting at the desk. I open one of the bottles and begin to cry. All I knew was that my dad was a drinker, smoker and drug user.

But I believe my father had a reason.

It won't hurt me right?

I put the cold bottle to my lips and feel it down my throat, leaving it's bitter taste behind. It was a taste I couldn't get enough of, so I drank more. One drink after another.

Soon enough my head was spinning. I felt weird, I wasn't laughing uncontrollably or acting stupid. I felt really emotional, numb and sick. I wasn't on cloud nine like most people would be. It was a feeling that was bitter sweet.

I open my diary instead and write how I feel. It felt weird to drink. I didn't want to stop. What if I was becoming a drinker like my dad? I didn't know if that was bad. I don't know or mind. I close my my diary and lay on my bed. Falling into a deep sleep.

(Friday)
(10:00am)

My alarm rings and my head is pounding. I felt dry tears on my face. I see all the beer on my table and get up quickly hiding them in my closet. I get some clothes and being to get ready for literature.

I pick out a oversized blue shirt, putting on shorts underneath and some white convers. I let my long black hair down and grab my backpack. I walk in the bathroom putting in my contacts and brushing my teeth.

"Hey!" Jasmin smiles from the living room. She was wearing a pink sundress and flip flops.

"Aye," I mumble, "Bye Jaz." I get my phone and I walk out of the dorm.

"Hey!" Calum says as I run into him, this time not falling on my butt. "Oh Darcy."

"Let's get to class early today?" I ask and he nods grabbing my hand holding it.

I wasn't good with PDA, it made me uncomfortable. My mom and dad never showed their love, not even in the house. I was afraid of what people will think when they see us. I heard whispers like :

"Are the together?"

"She's too hot for him."

"He's too cool to be with her."

"Wow, I used to date Calum I feel bad for her."

"Wasn't he just with Jessica two days ago?"

"Rebound maybe?"

We walk in class and I didn't feel confident anymore about how I looked. I see my legs are out and it looks like I have no pants on. It looked like I hooked up with Calum before class. I didn't like that I always thought of what people thought about me was important.

"Mrs. Escalante are you not wearing pants?" Mr. Franklin says with a smirk. I look around to see if anyone was around and there was no one, except Calum of course.

"I'm wearing shorts." I mumble looking at my shoes and Calum has a strong grip on me.

"Let me see hmm?" Again Mr. Franklin smiles bitting his lip. He was very hot but I wasn't going to give in.

"No. What happened to our actual literature teacher?" I ask.

"I maybe be a sub until the end of November. So now you can see me Mondays and Fridays."

Frick me...

I walk up the the very last row and it down with Calum on my right.

"Is he always in the mood to fuck 18 year olds? I was about to punch the guy." Calum scoffs.

"I can see up your shirt Darcy. Maybe pull it up more for Mr. Franklin?" The Teacher winks and I pull down my shirt.

"Hey perv! Cool it alright?!" Calum shouts as people start coming in.

I fell a vibration on my leg, so I get out my phone. I got a text from Joanna my mom.

Joanna - come to the house today.

Me - No.

Johanna - Yes, I need to speak with you.

Me - Tell me now.

Johanna - You brother got in a fight he got stabbed in the leg and they are trying to get the bullet out of his stomach.

Me - On my way.

I grab Calums arm and run out the class.

"What's going on dar?" He asks.

"My brother is in trouble."