X.1

DARCY POINT OF VIEW.

I put my house keys on the table and walk into Jasmins room. She was on her bed with headphones in. When she sees me she takes them off and opens her arms. I walk over to her hugging her.

"I ended things with Calum." I huff laying next to her.

"Awe why?" She asks.

Because I'm scared of being happy and all I want is to protect Calum from my life. Or maybe because I feel like dying because I don't want him to love me.

"We have our own lives to fix. I just really want to get my life together before I help him." I sigh.

"Darcy why don't you really talk about your family? Actually you've never talked about them." She says.

Frick.

"I'm a really messed up person with a messed up life. I'll tell you soon. I'll tell all of you soon. I first need to see how to do that-"

"WE ARE GOING BACK TO SYDNEY!" Luke shouts as he walks in Jasmins room.

Really need to take his key away.

"What how?" Jasmin asks sitting up.

"Well we can get a place there and you can come too! Ashley and Bryana wanna come! Darcy can of course come! We plan on going there for a couple of months. It will be fun we can all go to school there!" Luke cheers. I can tell he is so hyped for this.

"When are we leaving?" Jasmin asks.

"4-5days!"

"I can't go." I mumble and get off Jasmins bed.

"Yeah, Calum said you might say that." Luke huffs.

"Yeah because Calum just knows everything about me. Right?" I say walking out of the room going into mine.

Yes that was rude but I can't deal with this right now.

I hear my phone buzz and look at the caller ID and see it's Calum. I wanna answer but I know if I do he will try to convince me to go to Sydney. But of course me begging my father's daughter I answer.

"Hmm?" I hum into the phone.

"You need to go." He blurts.

Here we go.

"I have a brother Calum. Right now he is my only family. My mom will die soon and I need to be there at her funeral. I know my dad would have wanted me there even if I didn't love her, he did." I explain. I just broke up with him and now he wants me to move to his home town?

"Your brother is older then you. If you want he can come with us! Sydney is everything to me and I want the person I love to be with me."

I was thinking about this. I love going new places and I need some writing help and my favorite author does live there. My brother can move with our cousins, they all go to college maybe they will help him. I can just convince the guys to wait a little until we have my mom's funeral.

Is it bad I'm not even really thinking about my mother?

Maybe... yeah.

"Darcy, think about it your dad would want you to live your life. I know he would," Calum says and I know he is right, "Just think we will go to school there and we will come back at the last month of school."

I'll really miss Levi and Kade. I know I won't miss Cindy, Emma or Jessica, I may even miss Andrew a little. Levis friends I'll miss so much they are probably the funniest perverted guys ever.

"Okay talk to you later." I say and hang up.

I go to my laptop on my glass desk and put on my reading glasses. I casually look through emails, I don't do this often but I really need to get back in the swing of things. As I look I see in big letters LOS ANGELES PUBLISHING. When I see it I dont hesitate to click it.

Dear Miss Escalante,

   Your teachers have sent your writing assignments and are pleased with your writing style. I have heard nothing but good things about you. Los Angeles Puplushing owns a school of arts like writing, music, photography etc. We would like you to attend the school free of charge, you may take the school for a year and if you like it then you may keep going.

    You have been chosen and so have 7 others on this great opportunity. The classes are all going to be based on the person you wanna be, in your case your would be taking a lot of writing classes and two others if you wish. I could see you as one of my favorite authors so I would be most happy if you would attend in the fall.

     Before anything is set in stone we would like you to write us something of your choice it has to be 1500 words minim. This will show us more of your skills. Your work will need to be turned in by January 10th. I will be looking forward to reading your work.

Sincerely,
Los Angeles Puplushing

I read all of it and then read it again. What I can't believe this whole time I didn't know my writing was being read by some of the top editers in the US. I have such a short amount of time to think of something to write about. I don't want it to be boring, I really wanna go to the school and show these people that writing is everything to me.

When Calum said I needed to go to Sydney he was right. This could be the thing that makes me a better writer, maybe I'll even forget about all the drama. Most of all I hope the teachers turned in Calums writing. He loves writing just like me and when he gets his email I wanna be next to him.

I pick of my phone and call Calum. After three rings he answers. I take a deep breath before speaking. I have to say this now or I'll regret not talking this opportunity.

"I wanna go to Sydney." I blurt.