Sword

I remember it like it was yesterday. My mom was gasping, eyes sparkling and everything as we entered a store of weaponry. An actual store filled with actual swords. You see, my mom was a huge traveling nerd. She was fluent in too many languages and interested in too many cultures. She was extremely interested in Japan most of all. Always dragging me with her on vacation with mama or forcing me to watch J dramas. God, I couldn't stand J dramas but I sure as hell was thankful when she dragged me to that store.

She had enough money to buy up the store basically, but she only decided to get three. One for herself, one for mama and one for me. I thought having two swords looked cool but man it's just a pain in the ass.
If I had one sword maybe only one of my arms could be tired instead of two...
But ever since I tried fighting that horsemen I just sat there with both arms aching.

Darkness.
Usually I didn't let myself sleep in fear of waking up dead. But I know I don't mind. I don't mind dying and seeing my mothers again. I lived. I didn't live much of a good life, but I lived. And I eventually hated living and waking up to this twisted reality. But that was life.
That was life.
That was life...

"That was life." I mumbled as I woke up. I groaned as I lifted my aching body off the bloody ground.
Must've been fighting in my sleep again...
I got up on my feet and looked at the crescent moon with a sigh. I should've stayed asleep cause this is the most dangerous part of the day. I tried covering myself in blood by rolling on the ground like a dog and then
darkness.

Morning time comes and both swords are a dark red. There wasn't a single pond nor river nearby so God knows how I'll get clean. My mind suddenly drifted. What if Damiana came and-
I immediately dismissed the embarrassing notion.
She wasn't going to come back for a silly human like me.
Right?

I waited. I waited cause I thought I'd jinx it like last time. But nothing happened.
I twirled my swords like they were cheerleader batons because I was just so gosh darn anxious.

" Hey kid!!"
I looked down towards the voice.
" Gimme everything you have or else I'll shoot you!"
" Shoot me? But you're so far away. I'm on like the 9th floor of this building."
" Well then why don't I demon-"

Slice.
I'll be the only one demonstrating anything. My sword was stuck in the foolish man's skull. I threw my sword so quick he didn't have a second to scream. Man I hate humans, including myself.

As I walked all the way downstairs to get my other sword there were more monsters. Great.

Fast forward a few hours and whaddya know?! My sword is missing. One of my most prized and precious possessions. Stolen. And whoever took it was going to die a horrible death.
" Looking for something?" the voice behind me cackled.
" It's you." I grunted facing the fiend who took my sword.

" Give it back." I commanded putting my hand out towards him. Death came back to fight me for some odd reason, but man am I ready to beat him down.

" Why should I?"
" Because I'll fight you if I don't."
Death cackled some more.
" You? A puny human, think you can fight me?"
I snickered as I walked towards him shaking my head.
" Yes. I mean I'm freaking taller than your whiny ass."
" Height has nothing to do with skill."
" And race has nothing to do with skill either. So bring it on!"

I readied my sword as he readied his scythe. The sun shined brightly down on us as we glared at each other ready to fight.

I let out a war cry as I made the first move. Death dodged it and tried to strike my feet but I did a back flip and lunged toward his mask. I managed to scratch it just a bit but that really pissed him off.
He grabbed the sword he took from me and fought with that and his scythe. As he fiercely sliced at the air I just dodged as fast as I could so I could get my sword back. But eventually he struck me hard on my leg.

I got sent flying he kicked me then after causing me to hit the ground. I was ready to pass out but I couldn't. I couldn't let him take the sword. Death already started to walk away feeling victorious when I threw my sword.
It struck his leg, but it wasn't enough to make him yelp in pain. He picked it up laughing.
" Is this all you've got?"
" No... I can do a lot more... Just... give it back to me..."
" Come and get it yourself."

I stood up wobbling and panting as I tried to rush over to him to get what was rightfully mine. He moved the swords right before they were in my grasp and I fell to the ground as I missed. He laughed even harder.
" Man, you really are a riot! All bark and no bite, right?!"
I looked up at my blade and grabbed it. My hand bled from touching the sharp object, but I managed to steal one sword back.

" Give it back..."
" No. You can get it when we meet again."
" No... give..it back... its my moms... please..."
Mumblings and pleadings.
Cries and mumblings. Blood, so much blood.
And then darkness.