Incubus

" Hey walking corpse! "
I finally tried to strike up a conversation on the way to see this so called council.
" Yes, hybrid."
" Do you hate me?"
He paused for a moment till he laughed quietly to himself.
" No I don't hate you, but I don't particularly like you either!"
" Well, I don't hate you. And I'm eternally grateful for what you did for me."
I said with a smirk.
" But not when you stole my swords. I was pissed."
" I could tell! It's gonna be a while till you can actually fight me hybrid." He gave me a light punch on the shoulder, but it hurt like hell!
I rubbed my arm a little before punching him back.

" Well, who knows? Maybe I can fight you today!"
" With a sissy like punch like that?! No , I doubt it!"

I frowned. I thought that punch was pretty strong.
" Now wait here."
Death stopped me and walked towards some pretty freaking large rocks and he started talking to the rocks.
Those things were the council?!
I mean I know Dami told me they were rocks but what type of weird shit are these guys afraid of?!
They look so stupid to be honest.

" LLOYD. COME FORTH!"
I obeyed and stepped forward gritting my teeth. I wasn't going to be scared of some big ol dumb rocks. But I gotta respect them so I can keep my life.
" Hello, um..."
" We know you're business incubus. You wish to unlock your powers so your son can control his." The middle head said.

" Yes, that's it."

Right when I was about to smile a little the right rock bellowed.
" WELL, I THINK YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ALIVE AND YOUR PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A CHILD SHOULD BE DEAD TOO!"

The left rock chimed in too.
" Well... we already killed his mother. Shouldn't we-"

" We should and we will." The middle head spoke again.
" BUT WHY?!"
" Just...because of the fact it'll cause less trouble.."
" TCH, NO WAY."
" Ok, how about he tests out his powers then."

I finally got a chance to talk.
" That sounds good."
" Good."
" THEN IT'S SETTLED."
" Y-yeah."

Death placed a giant a
broken piece of glass in front of me. I just stood in waited until a really sharp pain. A very sharp pain in my ass. I clenched my head with my hands and walked backwards as dark clouds formed around me.
Pale skin, sharp teeth,claws and a long tail.
...And wings?

Like father like son, this was my true form. As I looked into the broken glass I could see my dark red eyes glowing along with some marks on my arms.

" Now what must I do in return?"
" FIGHT TO THE DEATH!"
" With Death"

The both of us simultaneously shrieked " What?!"
" Do as we say."
" Or...else we'll call the others."
Decisions decisions...
Death saved my life. Guess I should do the same.

I grabbed Death's scythe right when he was about to say something to the Council and slammed the bottom of the to the ground. Miraculously a portal appeared and I dragged him with me into it.
" WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"
" Avoiding trouble!"
We fell into the portal and landed back on Earth. I fell right on my newly grown wings and man it hurt like hell.
" I can't kill you, Death. And you don't want me to die either so I had to-"
" No you didn't I could've easily fixed this."
" Well I'm sorry, I kinda ju-"
" Too bad. Now we're going to HAVE to fight!" he growled.

" What do you mean I could just-"
Suddenly the rest of the crew came and of course they were NOT happy.
They stood there, waited and stared at Death expecting him to do something. They were waiting for him to fight. I looked at him and saw his cold eyes hidden by his mask.
He was waiting for me to ready my weapon but I didn't want to at all. Enough lives were taken thus far, we don't need to lose anymore.

And yet I still drew my weapon. Death looked at me, then looked in different locations as if he wanted to tell me something.
He than ran towards me and I knew what I had to do.
" HYAAAAAAAAAA!!!" He roared as he ran. I let out a war cry back as I ran towards him too.
The closer we got the more I began to get my feet off the ground once we were face to face I flew upwards allowing him to fly past me and "accidentally" strike Fury.

" Brother! Watch where you're going!" She hissed gripping her now bleeding thigh. War went to tend her wound while Strife simply shook his head.
Death didn't even apologized, so I just smiled and flew away.
" I'll get him!!" Death screeched the best he could without blowing his cover. He leaped in my directions and we pretended to fight for a good 15 minutes before his siblings left. I laid on the rooftop of a building for a bit relieved they were gone.

" I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused."
" It's fine Lloyd."
" You actually said my name instead of hybrid!"
" You've gained some of my respect, so I won't always call you hybrid."
" Well I appreciate that quite a lot. Now, I need to hurry and go see my son."

I got up and dusted myself off when Death looked at me as if they were sorrowful.
" Can I... come and visit as well?"
" Of course, skull face!"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

" Papa?" Niko's eyes sparkled as I walked with my large wings behind me. " It's me Niko. This is my true form."
I held my arms out to hug him and he tan toward me feeling happy and relieved.

Damiana came outside and gasped when she saw me, but then she saw Death. " Death! You're here!" She cheered as she ran over to hug him.
" Group hug!'
I grab all three of them and lift them off the ground.

When I put them all done Dami stroked my face. I looked at her and her face had a tint of pink. " Y-you look different and sound a little different too."
" Yeah, I guess. But now you can see where Niko gets his handsomeness and his husky voice from when he's older." I said with a wink.
She giggled as Death cleared his throat.

" May I have a moment with my sister?" the skull face asked.
" Oh sure!" I picked up my son and walked inside extremely happy everything was going well for now.