11.

3+ comments/votes for the next chapter guys! It's going to be a big one ;) 
I just got done watching the season finale of Shadowhunters. I can't wait for season two! Thank you to those who commented and voted last chapter! Also, apparently 70% of you guys are from The United States (That's so cool!) so I apologise if some of my spelling annoys you! (mum, colour etc.) 

'Clary!'

Clary stopped in her tracks at the sound of her name being called.

'Where are you going?' Jace looked confused. It was only early, not even nine a.m and Clary was dressed ready to leave for the day. She hadn't counted on Jace being an early riser. A sigh left her lips.

'I'm going to talk to Luke. Magnus said he's better so I'm going to get answers.'

'You were just going to leave without telling anyone?' Alec appeared beside Jace with his arms crossed.

'I was going to text Jace. Once I'd left.' Clary shrugged unapologetically.

'Clary don't be stupid. It's not safe. We'll come with you.' Jace offered.

Clary's phone rang, interrupting Jace's reply. 'Magnus?' She asked in confusion after seeing the caller ID.

'Hello biscuit, are you looking for Luke?' Something in his tone told Clary that he already knew the answer.

'Yeah... how did you know?' The suspicion in her tone caught Jace and Alec's attention.

She heard Magnus laugh. 'Call it intuition. Come by my lair.'

'Magnus, I can't. I need to see-'

'Luke, who coincidentally is sitting on my couch. So again, come by my lair biscuit.' He hung up.

'Change of plan. I'm going to see Magnus.'

'You can't leave the institute.' Alec's stern voice called.

'At least not without us.' Isabelle spoke from behind Clary causing her to jump slightly in surprise.

'Fine. But I need to see him so can we hurry please?'

'Looks like we're all ready to go.' Isabelle nodded at Jace's words while Alec shook his head.

'I can't go. Not yet. I have to report to the clave with Mum and Dad in half an hour.'

'Fine. Meet us there when you're done.' Alec nodded at Jace.

'Let's go.'

*****

Adelaide huffed in annoyance as the rune on her neck stung again.

'Why is this happening now.' She muttered angrily under her breath as she watched Magnus and Luke speak from her position on the counter.

'Something bothering you sunshine?' Magnus made his way to her, Luke trailing behind quietly, watching with cautious eyes.

'The parabatai rune, it's burning. It can't be Izzy because that means our bond has been restored, but it hasn't.'

Magnus' face was grim. 'I warned you when you asked me to help you break the parabatai bond that there would be consequences.'

'It's been over a year since that night Magnus, why now?' Adelaide winced as another bolt of pain shot through her.

'Could be because Isabelle Lightwood is coming towards this building as we speak. You broke the bond so you're being punished for being near her.' Luke suggested. At Adelaide's surprised look he added 'Clary told me everything.'