17

WARNING– Some of the shows events are going to be slightly out of order from here, just so it fits the storyline/my plotline/ better! 

3+ Votes 3+ Comments for the next chapter! (Don't be a ghost reader!)
Also big thank you to anyone who wished me a happy birthday! You guys really made my day! xo 

Gif of my 3 bbies above ^^

Shameless Self Promotion - If you like The 100 and Bellamy Blake, I've just started a Bellamy/OC and would love for you to check it out! :) 

*****

'I might be a vampire, but I was raised a good catholic.'

Adelaide heard Raphael's voice drift through the tunnels she was currently using to sneak into the institute. She rolled her eyes at the vampire, Raphael was always overly dramatic and nothing seemed to be able to change that, not even their current predicament.

'The vampires broke the accords. Killing Simon is grounds for war.' Isabelle uttered, anger in her tone as she stared at Simon's still body.

'The vampires weren't behind this-' Raphael started, a scowl gracing his pale features.

'Just Camille.' Adelaide finished his sentence for him, stepping into the brightly lit room.

Isabelle, Jace and Clary turned to look at her as she arrived, Raphael however, simply sent a smirk her way, one that she returned playfully much to Isabelle's surprise. 

'She attacked Simon on her own. I don't want trouble with shadowhunters.' Raphael crossed his arms, feeling uncomfortable in a room full of those who would kill him given the chance.

Clary began yelling at Raphael who was becoming increasingly angry at the red head. Adelaide ignored their bickering, watching silently as Alec entered the room. Adelaide continued to watch in amusement as he rolled his eyes at Clary and Raphael's arguing.

'Sun's almost up.' Alec interrupted the pair, crossing his arm, his whole body tense.

Clary shrunk back into Jace's side again. Adelaide eyed the two carefully, wondering exactly what was going on between them. She had a sneaking suspicion that the line between friends and more had been blurred more than once.

"You need to decide Clary. You have until sunset, or Simon's soul will be trapped for eternity.'

Clary looked terrified and conflicted. Adelaide couldn't even imagine how she was feeling. The atmosphere in the room was too intense and Adelaide was quickly growing uncomfortable. She felt like an outsider in a room of friends - and she supposed she was. Raphael was beginning to feel the same as he pushed himself off of the workbench he was leaning against.

'I must leave before the sun rises. I will be back at sunset.' Clary barely nodded at Raphael's words, the reality of the situation hitting her all at once.

Adelaide was highly aware of Alec's eyes on her as Raphael made his way to her, stopping in front of her, a smirk gracing his handsome features.

'Will you escort me back to the Hotel Dumort, Princess?' He flashed his fangs at her.

Adelaide rolled her eyes. 'Don't tell me you are afraid of the dark?' Adelaide asked, humour lighting her tone.

Raphael snickered. 'Not likely. I'd be more worried about what you'd do to me than creatures that go bump in the night.'

'You are a creature of the night, Raphael.' She laughed.

'Oh, I'm well aware, but there are worse things out there than me sweetheart. You could always join me, you know? Being one of the night children would suit you. You already dress like one of us.' Raphael gestured to the dark clothes she wore, a leer on his face.