13

A/N Sorry this update took so long! Real life got in the way. I promise the next chapter will be up much sooner! 
Twenty one pilots were amazing! If you guys get the chance to see them do it, their live show is beyond compare. One of, if not the best show I have ever been to!

4+ Comments/Votes for the next chapter!  Feedback makes my day!

*****

'Hurry up Alec!' Adelaide trilled as she ran around the institute. 'I want to see him!'

'I'm coming Addy. He's not going anywhere. He's living here remember?' Alec caught up to his dark haired friend as she rolled her eyes at his obvious sarcasm.

'Adelaide, Alec, no running in the halls.' Maryse's tired voice stopped the two in their tracks; Isabelle was hiding behind her mother, watching Adelaide and Alec with interest.

'Sorry mother.' Alec said solemnly. Adelaide sent a cheeky grin to Maryse who smiled gently back at the two children. 'Your father is in the main hall, Alec, go and find him, I know you both want to meet our new resident.'

Adelaide didn't need any more encouragement; she grabbed Alec's hand in her own and walked at a pace that verged on running until they reached the main entrance of the institute.

'Adelaide, Alexander, come and say hello to Jace.' Robert stood in the doorway with his hand on a young blonde boy's shoulder. The boy held no emotion on his face and his eyes darted around warily, taking in the unfamiliar environment.

'Hello.' Alec stopped in front of the younger boy and waved.

'Hi! I'm Adelaide!' Adelaide grinned, showing her straight teeth.

'Show Jace around you two, I'll be back.' Robert walked away from the group.

'Where did you come from?' Adelaide asked after a few moments of silence.

Jace's jaw tightened. 'Idris.'

Adelaide and Alec's eyes widened. 'Idris, I know that place! We were born there.' Adelaide said enthusiastically, excited that the three had something in common.

'And how old were you when you left?' Jace asked, distaste colouring his tone.

'We were babies.' Adelaide answered.

'Well then, you don't really know Idris at all, do you?' Jace crossed his arms.

Adelaide frowned.

'I'll show you your room.' Alec motioned for Jace to follow him. Adelaide made to follow the two boys before Jace suddenly spoke.

'Tell your sister to stay here.' Jace groaned as he noticed Adelaide following.

Alec nodded, barely glancing at Adelaide's disappointed expression. The boys began walking away, leaving Adelaide behind.

'She's not my sister.' Alec muttered to Jace as the two walked away, rounding the corner.

Adelaide heard his words and her shoulders slumped, her lower lip jutting out. Isabelle ran to her, smiling toothily at the older girl innocently.

Adelaide held Izzy's much smaller hand in her own, forcing a smile onto her lips for the short dark haired girl.

'He's going to be trouble Izzy.'

Isabelle giggled and nodded.

*****

'Are you two quite done?' Magnus' voice drifted into Adelaide's ears. She quickly wiped her tears and walked towards the warlock whose eyes followed her, worry in their depths.