stitch 6: forget me

"Lets all waltz to the kings' and queens' ball!" The announcer said.
I looked behind me, there was Ben with a girl I dont know.

Poe looked at me and grabbed my hand to the ballroom. He laced both of our hands and swayed our bodies together.

Ben was glancing at us and danced with the girl either.

Poe twirled me around and I end up close to his body. My chest was pounding. We felt the awkward atmosphere and pulled away from each other.

Ben and the girl walked to us, "Hi Cloud, you look...pretty."

"Thank you." I said, a pink flush ran thru my cheeks.

The song finished and the announcer said "Take the person you didnt invite this evening and to dance under the moonlight!"

"May I, ma'am?" Poe took the girl and flashed me a smile as the two of them walked to the dancefloor

"So...its just the two of us..." Ben said and just held my hand.

"I guess, it is."

Our eyes were glued to each other, Our feet seemed like it had a life on its own and just let it where it took us.

So close in believing my happy ending

Our faces getting closer and closer, were almost there. It was about to happen.

"Cloud. The senators wants to meet you, your mother requests your presence" Poe said from afar and we moved away from each other.

"Right. So long, Ben"

I walked with Poe to the senators and other politicians as my mother introduced me.

"This is my daughter, Cloud. She is in line for the throne." Mother said.

"She is much more lovelier in person, and very beautiful." The politician said and kissed the top of my hand. "A pleasure to meet you your highness"

"Likewise." I replied.

"She must be so smart and wise. So smart like his father and wise like his mother.She is indeed fit to lead both systems; Naboo and Yandar." The other senator said.

It was pinning my self esteem. No. No.
Please dont expect something from me. Please dont.

"If you may excuse me" I said and walked away from the party.
I walked near the river and let out continuous sighs.

Days went by so fast and I dont even know if he likes me or what.
Or if he had the littlest affection for me.

Because that is the deal. If he feels the same way for me, then, Ill still continue this Ben Solo madness, if not, I'll just push my feelings out of my life.

But i think its the last day. Because my father will soon come back and train Ben along with the others in the Anoat system.

Good thing because its thanksgiving here, but without our fathers.

"Why are you out here? Not joining the fun inside? Arent you cold?" Poe walked to me and wrapped a coat over my shoulders.

"Thanks, P." I smiled. "Its really loud back there. Its very noisy and stuffy. Too many people."

"Yeah, a claustrophobic like you wont survive a minute there." Poe said.

I am glad I have a friend like Poe Dameron. He is very understanding and kind, he could be my boyfriend you know, but we just keep things platonic. I was glad he was here.

"Arent you going to train in another planet with Master Luke?" A faint voice appearing behind us

"Yeah. Too bad I have to leave soon." It was Ben's

I heard Ben's and Zeke's voice approaching behind us. So I grasped Poe's hand. I glanced at him. He was clueless. I was biting my lip in confusion. I dont know what to do.
I need to make him jealous one more time. Flustered and desperate for answers, I pulled Poe close to me and met our lips together. He was shocked at first but eventually kissed back.

"Oh." Ben said, behind us.

"Get a room, you guys!" Zeke yelled and walked away with Ben. "Geez these lovebirds."

I pulled away once I heard their voices fade out. I glanced at Poe's brown eyes and He glanced back.

"I'm sorry." I said. "I never shouldve done that..." I said to him.

"N-no.." Poe replied, stuttering.

"You mustve felt awkward. Ugh. This could ruin our friendship. I am sorry. This is over. Were over. Forget me." I replied and walked away from Poe.

"Cloud!" He yelled, but I continued walking faster.

I really didnt mean kissing Poe. I mean, it was just a result of being torn apart by pride. Ugh. I felt guilty.

As days went by, I avoided Poe. I was spending my days training Ben. At night, I can see he was there at the veranda, where we used to spend our breaks Poe and I were exchanging glances but never talking.

But that night was different, I passed by the veranda and he was there.

He stopped my tracks and held my hand. "Cloud..."

"Poe..." I sighed.

"I told you to forget me." I said, not looking him in the eye.

"Did you really think it was easy for me to erase you from my memory so easily?" He said. "Are you just going to end it like that? Cloud..."

"Our friendship's ruined! I ruined it! I am so sorry Poe! You've been a good friend of mine and I ruined it" I said, tears swelling up in my eyes.

"Friend..." He let out a sarcastic laugh. "Friend,huh?"

"Why? Poe tell me, did you assume more than that?" I said, looking at him straight in the eyes. "Did you?"

"Yes! Yes I did! For a moment back there I almost thought my feelings actually reached you! Fuck it Cloud!" He yelled and tears were running down his cheeks. "Y-you shook me...you made my feelings grew, and that jealousy program shed me some hope. And that night, I totally thought we could work it out... I love you Cloud. Always had, always did. Ever since were kids, I always dreamt to be with you. I love you... And I was hunted by the kiss that you shouldnt have given me. I just hoped that kiss wont be a scar."

I walked to him and touched his cheeks "I am sorry... I am so sorry Poe...I just... I am so sorry...its over... this jealousy program is now over..."

He moved away and shook his head. "Its over then"

I slept in agony that night. All alone in an enpty room, nothing left but the memories of when I had my bestfriend
I dont know how we ended up here. I dont know but its never been so clear

We made a mistake.

I was not able to fall asleep as deep as I used to.

"Wake up Cloud. Please..."

I opened my eyes and saw Ben sitting on the edge of my bed. My heart skipped a beat.

"W-what is it? What's wrong?" I muttered, sitting up and scrunching my eyes

"Something happened." He said, with his hand on his face. As I touched his face, I noticed there were tears.

He is crying.

Ben Solo is crying.

My Ben was crying

Sorry this was baad