stitch 22: Sing me to sleep

A/n: Too much bromance ahead. I just got an iPad mini and i hate it bc its slow and shit so bear with me and my typos.

Poe's POV

"Almost got it...almost" I muttered as I struggled in screwing the main reactor to Finn's ship. "There you go bud."

"God, thanks bro. I knew I can count on you." Finn released a sigh of relief.

"Why didn't you asked Rey to fix this?" I asked as I wipe my hands on the cloth.

"I'm shy, plus she's a girl."

"That's some sexist shit you got right there." I pointed out.

"Screw you dude. Where are you going anyways?" Finn asked.

"Cloud's" I smiled.

"Are you Anais' father? Tell me honestly bro." His eyebrows furrowed.

"What? No. That's impossible. Ani has a big nose. And very pale complexion." I explained.

"Then why are you visiting them every month?"

"Because I care for them. Because Ani is like my own daughter  you know. And Cloud, she's my best friend since I don't know when. And she's my first love." I smiled to the thought of it. I remembered us faking a relationship and ending up sharing our first kisses. "But none of it really matters now. We're just platonic."

Finn nodded. "Oh that's why. So who's Ani's dad? Anais is a great and strong kid.  That kid will grow up as pretty as her mother with her long nose and...." He paused for a while and spoke again "crap."

"What?" I asked.

"Is Kylo Ren....that father?" His voice shocked.

I nodded. "Yeah. But Cloud calls him Ben—his real name. Ahh...that boy was a very blessed person. Cloud loved him ever since we were in kindergarten"

"I hope that little girl won't take after his father."

"Cloud's taking care of that"I pat his shoulders and walked away the hangar.

I walked to the hill where I usually rest and spend a few minutes before going to Cloud's on the afternoon. I grabbed my soda and opened it and enjoyed a good view from the lake.

As I was looking at the sky, an escape pod crashed on the depths of the hill. I quickly ran to it, worrying someone's might be injured. As i got close to the escape pod, I recognized it quickly.

It was the first order's escape pod. Someone must've escaped from them and knew the base. But we didn't sent anyone on mission lately since Han Solo died. So this must've been a first order staff or trooper.
i held out my blaster and pointed it to the escape pod and removed the glass of the pod.

"Reveal yourself!!" I yelled out.

"H-help..." A voice of a man cried out, his face was full of bruises and he was hurt badly.

I can't move much because i was terrified of the man who gave me nightmares ever since he abducted me.

He was Kylo Ren.

"Kylo..." I whispered to him. Still careful and wary. "What brought you here?"

"The call...to the...light..." He coughed blood.