chapter one

-Ashton's Perspective-

Chloe, Chloe, Chloe.

Why can't I just take my mind off of her?

My phone ringtone plays and its Chloe.

Chloe:

hey ash :)

Me:

Hey chloe :D I was just thinking of you

I text back.

I look back at my watch. 9:34pm.

I sit down on my bed thinking endlessly about her and her personality. Her smile. Her laugh. Then my phone rings again.

Chloe:

Same ash :) when can we see each other again?

Me:

As soon as possible Chloe :) how about tomorrow at my place?

Chloe:

Study finals tomorrow :( mind coming over to my place again tomorrow?

Me:

perfect :D

Chloe:

See you then Ash :) im sleepy so im off. night ^-^

Me:

Night lovely. sleep with the angels <3

I sit up on the couch now, smiling at how Chloe can make me feel happy.

I open up my cell phones music player and click on the 'Play Random Song' button. it takes a few seconds to load and then plays Look After You by The Fray.

I know people know me for the drums and punk rock and punk pop, but I still like slow and romantic songs. its incredible how the meanings of those songs can affect and relate with you.

I think of Chloe and the songs she loves to play and dance to during the summertime.

I start to close my eyes when I hear a familiar deep voice.

"Thinking about her aren't you?" My brother Harry says.

"Yes Harry. What do you want now?" I groan.

"Nothing really. Just doing the usual things and teasing you," Harry spits out.

"Harry I dont know what to do anymore. I like Chloe but I dont know of she feels the same about me." I frown.

"Wow bro. I'm not the one to ask." Harry smirks and walks away.

×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×

-Next Day-

"Ash wait up!" I hear Chloe call from within the school halls. I keep walking, nervously combing my hair with my fingers.

"Ashhhtonnn" Chloe's footsteps are louder now as we both shove our way through the school mob of kids.

I step outside, pretending that I hadnt heard Chloe call me. And then I feel her thin fingers grasping my arm.

"Oh hey Chloe." I try acting normal and avoiding eye contact.

"Hey Ashton. You in a hurry?" Chloe asks.

"No. Not at all. Why?"

"It was a bit hard to catch up to you because you walked so fast. So I thought maybe you were in a hurry." She glanced up toward me. Giving me unwanted feelings all over. I wish I could just tell her my feelings.

Like havent you ever wanted to tell your best friend you like them? Why does it have to be so hard though?

"Ashton are you okay?" She says as I snap back to reality.

"Yea of course, I was just thinking..." I reply awkwardly.

"About??? C'mon Ashton. You can tell me anything." She says smiling.

But I can't say it even if I could. I just cant.

"No its nothing Chloe. Dont worry," I fake smile and turn away from her, but I just wanna scream out. I want to be with her now.

"See you later them Ash. Love ya." She says and walks back into the crowded halls.

"Love you too Chloe." I say quietly as I stare at her figure get lost in the crowd.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N:

Hiii little mustaches. So how'd you like the preface and first chapter??? im curious of what you think :)

so please comment below and tell me what you think. im really excited for this novel to unfold, and hoping that you guys feel the same :)

you guys didnt really comment on the preface and I had an idea that you didn't like it, but hopefully Im wrong.

And if you've read some of my older novels that arent finished, I WILL and need to finish this one no matter what. and If I dont, spam my message board and inbox because I often forget. so thank you for reading this suckish chapter and stay tuned. :)

vote, comment and enjoy (:

love you

-jenjen