chapter ten

A/N:

hey I'm really sorry for the super late suckish short chapters I've posted the past few days. My time to write is limited and broken into different parts of the day :(

i hope this doesnt suck also :(

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

-Ashton's Pespective-

I stare at the ceiling, now thinking of Chloe once again.

What if I could save her? I think to myself.

What if she's been waiting for me to save her all this time?

-Chloe's Perspective-

And I finally see him in the empty halls. Ashton actually came.

Our eyes meet, as we both run toward each other. Our bodies crashing into the other perfectly. And the moment I'd kill for finally happens.

We kiss.

My hand is wrapped around his neck, his around my waist, squeezing me as he lifts me up.

Then I wake up. All in the same hospital room, tubes all around me again.

Even if it were a dream, I wouln't kiss Ashton in reality. It would only make me feel miserable. Unwanted feelings all over again.

*-

I get dressed, putting my long brown hair in a bun. Today I was going to be released from the hospital. They said the veins are better now, but I feel terrible and weak anyways.

My mom is waiting for me at the door, her extreme smile stretched across her light coloured face.

I walk out. Today is a Saturday and there's no therapy on Saturdays 

I'm not sure what I'll do when I get out of here.

My mom and I walk beside one another as we leave the hospital.

I bet she'll try treating me less strict when i get home again.

As we pass the exit, I'm finally free. The air is fresh, un-ill. Its perfect for this moment.

I smile to at my mom, but inside I'm still burning.

The therapy hasn't saved me yet. If anything, its only made it clear that I'm insane. I mean, just one day of cutting while others have done it for years.

My case is nothing compared to others.

We're on our way home when we see a black cat run into our way.

My mom stops the car instantly, but its too late.

We get out of the car, checking if we had actually hit the poor kitty.

It meowed desperatly as we watched its leg struggle to get out from under the wheel. My mom runs back into the car, reversing impatiently.

I grab the kitten, its legs hanging loose, broken.

I massage its skin, the cat meowing softly.

"Oh mom can I keep it??" I pout, making sure she heard the 'I'.

My mom looks down at me, frowning.

I purposely and selfishly show her my wrist, without making it as obvious.

She sees it and finally opens her lips to speak.

Yea I'm pretty selfish if you ask me, but the kitten won't hurt.

"Fine, but keep it out of my sight." She says as she gets back in the car, bringing back a two rags.

I clean the blood off the meowing cat with one rag, while with the other I wrap the kitten as if a blanket.

We both get into the car and headed home.

We arrive quicklier than expected. We get out of the car, our new kitten in hand and I bump into somebody.

"Chloe." The voice was low, solid, yet it lingered in my head. 

It was Ashton's voice.

I looked up, Ashton looking at me, then at the cat in my arms.

"You brought me a pussy?" He teases. I laugh, my bones untensing, relaxing with the sound of his voice.

"Oh Ash," I say, laughing along with him.

We enter the house, combing the cat continuesly. 

"How was it?" Ashton asks.

"Therapy?" he nods.

"Well it only clears my feeling out. But my situation is not as bad as others." I simply say.

"But that doesnt mean they shouldnt care about you." He read my mind.

"Well I dont know." I respond.

"C'mon Chloe. Lets go by this poor kitty some food."

*-*

-Ashton's Perspective-

"Lets see. What would you like kitty?" I hear Chloe question her cat.

We look at the cat food section, seeing extremely weird foods.

"Gross," Chloe says. Awhh she's so cute.

"Its just milk in kitty food. Nothing gross there." I tease.

"Uh-huh. Sure." She says, laughing.

We purchased a food that looked more normal, or at least looked normal.

We walked to her house, laughing and making jokes. But I'm curious of why Chloe needed to enter therapy, and so I question her.

"Chloe?"

"M-hmm?"

"I know this isn't my buisness, but could you tell me why you entered therapy?" 

She stops walking, me doing the same. I look her in the blue eyes, who avoid mine now.

I could see her swallow hard, and her lips getting pale.

The flaws I never saw finally appeared, but she was beautiful-er than ever. She looked like a perfectly carved statue, not moving an inch.

Her blinking decreased, and her hands had stopped stroking her kitten. Her hair frozen in place.

"Chloe you can trust me." Is all I needed to say.

She finally moves, but not as expected.

She blinks out tears, her eyes puffing quickly.

Did she enter because of me? Oh dear lord.

I hug her, embracing her tightly in my arms, stroking her hair.

Our cheeks are beside the other. Her arms around my shoulders. Mine around her waste. I try not squeezing her so hard so that the kitten had space to breathe, but I couln't help it.

She was crying in my arms. She was crying on my shoulders.

I wanted to kiss her so bad, but it would have happened to quickly.

I always imagined our kiss as a special one. But I don't like Chloe, right?

Chloe lifts her pale face off my shoulder, our faces so close.

Our lips so close.

Our taste so close.

And I couln't help it. I leaned it swifly and slowly.

My nose brushing along her cheekbones.

I'm right across her lips, probably seven centimetes away.

She doesn't dare move in this moment. Its my movement, my action.

I lean foward toward her lips, but she dodges away.