chapter fourteen

A/N:

OMG GUYS. ONE DIRECTIONS NEW SONG IS PERFECTION.

IF YOU HAVENT HEARD IT, ITS CALLED DIANA.

I was just on instagram and saw the meaning to all this perfect shit. Read below: <333

"Midnight Memories- One Direction

The album is called Midnight Memories because its dedicated to the fans who stay up late at night, debating whether or not to commit suicide, wondering if their life is worth continuing to live. The song Diana is for the fans who are suicidal and self harm. The boys used the name Diana because Princess Diana suffered from depression, and they're comparing us to Princesses, which is why theres a crown on top of the Our Moment perfume bottle."

IM CRYING GUYS HELP.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

-Chloe's Perspective-

Calum's eyes glanced over to meet mine.

I quickly look away.

I remind myself that I like Ashton and no matter how much I'd love to change that, I will always like Ashton.

Calum was obviously sweet. His eyes told me everything. He looked like a loyal fellow. A trustworthy friend. But I couldn't fall for him.

At this moment, Calum kept staring at me.

I knew this because I could feel the eyes observe my every move.

I didn't know whether to look at him or to just avoid his eyes.

I listened closely to what the others were saying, looking around without looking over at Calum.

As I looked around, I caught Dr. Kelps looking at me.

I didn't know what this meant and neither did I want to. But it looked as if he was checking me out.

I almost gagged before I caught myself. Dr. Kelps is to old and why would he even be doing that?

I kept looking around, now avoiding Dr. Kelps and accidentally meeting eyes with Calum.

His expression was not that complicated. His face was relaxed. And he sat comfortably as he stared back at me.

I didn't break our eye contact. And neither did he.

We blinked only when necessary.

I don't know why I didn't dare look away. And I didn't understand why he didn't either.

It was weird.

Almost as if he's waiting for something to happen.

As I stared back, I took in all his flaws. Such as the creases on his forehead and thick eyebrows. But all of this made him the way he was. The way he looked. The way people will always see him.

And it was beautiful.

I could see that he wore ripped jeans, matching with mine. A black tshirt. A beanie. And black Vans. You could tell he liked punk music. The way he dressed told me everything. I could see his bitten nails. His messy hair. His dry lips. And his thick wristbands, reminding me of Ashton.

I wanted so bad to see him right now, but something told me not to.

My eyes finally broke the eye contact. They were drooping lazily.

I could see Calum didn't stop his glare though. He didn't even look close to looking away.

"Have a great afternoon," Dr. Kelps' voice interupted my thoughts.

I catch Dr. Kelps send me a rare eye contact. Almost a wink. But I must have seen wrong.

I got up, exiting the room.

I was heading out the door when I hear steps behind me.

"Chloe." It was Calum's voice. I turn around.

"Yeah?" I bit my lip nervously.

"I believe you."

My fingers twitched at the tone of his voice.

"What do you mean?"

"I believe your story. The cat scratched you."

I nearly hugged Calum. He understood I wasn't lying. He understood that nobody believed my story. Not my mom nor sister nor doctor.

"Thank you." I say, although I wanted to say so much more.

I was about to walk away when I thought about the previous minutes.

"Calum?" I say quietly.

"Yes?" 

"I was wondering why you were staring at me in therapy. I'm not saying that it was weird, because it wasn't."

"It was a connection. You know what it was. You're mind is just not telling you." His voice was serious and I knew he was confident of his words.

I thought about it for a while. How his eyes told me something. Reminded me of something.

"Ashton." I say without thinking.

He nods, although he doesn't know the boy who stole my heart.

"Him." he says.

"What about him?"

"He's the one in your mind. He's not letting you understand me."

I was confused. How did Ashton have anything to do with what my mind lets me think or not think?

"He blinds you. Your love for him is blinding you."

-Calum's Perspective-

Chloe didn't understand me at all.

Unfortunately.

"He blinds you. Your love for him is blinding you." I say.

Chloe looked at me as if I was insane. A familiar face expression that I've lived with since the bullying started.

But I wasn't insane. Not at all.

I'd call myself wise. Yup, I'm a cheeky lad.

"I like you Chloe." I tell her what she wants to hear.

Chloe looks surprised. But I tell her more.

"I know you're hurt. I understand you're broken. But I can fix that."

Her face doesn't change as I said this.

"I know you love him. But you deserve much better. No matter how stubborn that sounds, its the truth."

-Chloe's Perspective-

"You belong to me."

Calum gently grabs my wrist, planting a sweet kiss.

"I can save you Chloe."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N:

OMG GUYS.

WHO SHIPS CHALUM!??

OH AND BTW, CHLOE NEVER FOUND OUT ASHTON KISSED HER SCARS. SHE HAD BLACKED OUT REMEMBER??

BUT WILL THAT CHANGE ANYTHING....?

LOL I LOVE YOU GUYS.

COMMENT, VOTE AND SPREAD THIS NOVEL :)

-JENJEN POOP