chapter seventeen

-Chloe's Perspective-

My heart is racing. My hands are burning and my body is aching. But as Ashton leaned in, I forgot about it.

Our dreams became reality as our lips met.

I forgot how it felt to be thrown onto the floor, pinned by your own therapist. I forgot how it felt like to defend myself but fail. I forgot what had just occurred. I forgot about the world around us.

And all I could remember is that one thing Ashton did today:

He saved me.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Our situation with Dr. Kelps was fixed by the police a few hours later.

Its turns out we're still going to have therapy though, but just with a lady therapist.

I heard over the phone that they called her Mrs. H. But I didnt know her full last name. First therapy class with her was starting the following week.

So I cleared everything out except one thing. And that one thing is Ashton.

I remembered the way our kiss went. And how Ashton had me feel loved.

But something wasn't letting me love him back.

I like Ashton. I really do, but I'm not the kind of girl he derserves.

He deserves a girl who loves him without hesitation. He deserves a girl much more prettier and worth looking at. Ashton deserves a girl who would give up everything to be with him.

I don't deserve such a wonderful guy like him.

I'm never going to be the girl he's always wanted to love.

I frown at myself as I watch Ashton go. My lips want to ask for another kiss of summer, but I got to let Ashton go.

And for the better of him, I try and take my mind off of him and think of someone I haven't damaged as much.

And that someone is Calum.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

-Ashton's Perspective-

I heard that once you've kissed a girl, you've got her on the edge. But if the girl kisses you back, you've conquered her love.

I'm smiling so hard to myself because Chloe had actually kissed back.

I love her.

I love her so much, I'd take a bullet for her.

I've conquered her love, finally.

But I'm still going to conquer it all. I'll make her love me endlessly. I'll make her fangirl with the sound of my voice. I'll make her never forget me.

And how will I do that?

I'll sing to her.

Not Heartbreak Girl, but Emblem3's song, 'Chloe You're the One I Want'.

I've never been so happy before. And I'm going to savor this moment as much as possible.

I want to call Chloe. I want to hear voice. I want hug her. And I want so bad to kiss her lips once more.

My face aches of pain and my fists are hurting very much when I get home, but I'm not going to let that stop me from playing.

I run to the garage where my instruments wait for me.

I grab the guitar, open my laptop typing in Emblem3's song.

I look up the lyrics, look up the music notes, and learn it quicker than expected.

*

-Hours Later-

I click on my laptop's recording icon, smiling to myself.

"Chloeeee.

I know your sister turns everyone on, but you're the one I want. But you're the one I want, yeah.

Front page magazine, Everybody says that she's the queen, but thats you to me.

I just want to let you know that she likes the flashing lights. But i love the way that you like candle light. Stay close by my side. I just want a chance to show that.

If only you could believe in yourself in the way I believe in you.

I-I do. You're the one I want

If only you could see all the beautiful things that I see in you. Its true-oo-oo-oo."

I take a deep breath, still smiling. I can imagine how Chloe will react when she hears this. 

"Chloe, I know your sister turns everyone on. But, oh, baby, I have no doubt you're the one that I want. You think she's got it all but that dont make her better. 

You got my heart and that's the only thing that matters
Chloe, I know your sister turns everyone on
But you're the one I want
But you're the one I want, yeah."

I skip a few lines because I'm terrible at rapping.

"If only you could believe in yourself in the way I believe in you. I-I do, you're the one I want.

If only you could see all of the beautiful things that I see in you. It's true oo-oo-oo.

Chloe, I know your sister turns everyone on. But, oh, baby, I have no doubt you're the one that I want. You think she's got it all but that dont make her better. 

You got my heart and that's the only thing that matters
Chloe, I know your sister turns everyone on
But you're the one I want

But you're the one I want, yeah."

I click the end button.

It's been recorded. 

I smile even wider now. Proud of what I've just done.

I save the recording to my desktop. I log into my email.

I open up my phone, seeing that my backgroud is still of me and Chloe, I smile softly.

I decide to text Chloe.

To: Chloe Bear

Message:

Hey Chloe (: Mind checking your email real quick?

I press send and look up to my laptop which has my email address open.

I compose a new message, inserting Chloe's old email with an attachment of my recording.

My heart is almost beating out of my heart.

I'm finally  going to have Chloe.

I click send.

I close my eyes, waiting for a reply.