chapter thirty

Calum's Perspective

She's gorgeous. I can't help but hold my breath.

"You okay there?" Her lips part, reminding me of Chloe, but so different too. She looked at me in the most confused and beautiful way I could have ever seen. I lost words and I forgot the reason why I was here in the first place.

"Calum?" The way she said my name for the first time made my chest want to burst. I started crying right there in front of her.

"Hey what's wrong??" She squeals in utter surprise and if she wasn't all the way confused the first minutes, she's completely confused now. I bring my head down, tears just streaming down for no apparent reason. I just needed to cry. And I had forgotten the reason.

"Calum come here." She said softly. First approach, her voice had no tone, but now it was so caring. I almost didn't recognize what the sound of a caring voice sounded like, but Sam had it all over in her voice and concerned, confused, beautiful face.

She didn't even know me, and she took me in with so much concern.

She embraced me and for a moment, I was glad that I had begun to cry for whatever reason. I forgot what this felt like. And I wanted to keep having it. I wanted to feel cared for. Feel like Id never be alone ever again.

"Would you like to talk about it?" Sam asked, watching me cry.

"About what?" I accidentally cry out.

"About why you're crying." She says quietly.

"I don't even know," I say as quiet as her concerned voice.

"I guess I just feel alone," I continue to say.

"You're not alone anymore."

I look up at her, and her face is so close and every flaw made her even more beautiful. She stared back at me, her eyebrows less furrowed, and her eyes softened. The way she looked at me was just so...heart warming.

All the negativity that was clouded up in my mind had vanished. The pain had gone.

"You okay now?" She asked.

The silence was surprisingly comfortable and I felt safe.

"Yeah. I think so. Thank you Sam. You don't been know me and you cared. You don't even know the impact of this."

"I didn't even do anything."

"Yet you impacted me as if you did a thousand things."

She gave me a soft smile, and that smile was everything that I needed to remember what happiness felt like.