one: a birthday party

"Nathan, what did I say about running in the house?" Louis calls out as Nathan runs past him, causing Louis to nearly drop the birthday cake he'd been carrying towards the backyard. Nathan didn't seem to even acknowledge what he was saying, continuing to run towards the open door and out to the backyard where everyone else was already at. Zayn was sitting on the grass, a blanket underneath him with Quinn sitting on his lap. He had a good view of Ethan who was playing in the sand box with Easton although Easton was more interested in eating the sand than he was in playing. Louis eventually joins Zayn on the blanket after he finally put the cake down on the table. Zayn wraps an arm around Louis as soon as he sits down, allowing the younger boy to lay his head down on his chest. 

"Tired?" Zayn asks, looking at Louis who nods as he continues to bury his face into Zayn's chest. Louis had no idea why he felt so run down, they'd been planning the twins birthday for weeks so it wasn't like this was all so last minute. Really the past two weeks had been pretty easy considering the fact they were finishing up wedding plans along with the twin's birthday. 

"I feel like I haven't slept at all this week, which we both know is the complete opposite." Louis says quietly, smiling softly as Quinn crawls off Zayn's lap and starts playing with Louis' hands. Quinn was a quiet baby, not really talking a lot yet but she was very vocal when it came to being ignored. She liked to have all the attention on her, which meant it was a good thing she had two older brothers who'd bend to her every will. 

"Maybe we should go see the doctor or something. I don't think there's anything serious wrong, just as a precaution or something. I can schedule you an appointment for Monday?" Zayn offers, earning a shake of the head from Louis.

"No... We've got too much going on this week for that. We're getting marred on Wednesday... The rehearsal dinner is on Tuesday... Monday is really our last day to spend as a family before we leave for our honeymoon. I don't want to spend that at the hospital only for the doc to tell me I've been overworking myself or something. I would much rather spend it with our kids doing whatever the hell they want." Louis says quietly, moving his hand up to Quinn's forehead to brush the hair that had fallen out of her barrette back in place. Zayn lets out a sigh, shaking his head a little at how stubborn Louis could be sometimes. Zayn could tell that Louis wasn't feeling well, it didn't take a genius to know but yet Louis didn't want to admit the fact that he wasn't feeling good. 

"Well if you don't feel better by the time we get back, you're going. I don't care if you don't want to.... You've been sick for almost a week as it is, Lou. I don't want this to develop into something more serious just because you chose to ignore it." Zayn says, earning a nod from Louis. 

"I can live with that. Do you want to grab the boys? I think we're ready for cake." Louis says, effectively ending the conversation as he stands up from the blanket. Zayn lets out another sigh before nodding, also standing up from the blanket. He bends down to pick up Quinn, earning a shriek from the baby who had just been trying to eat the grass. Louis kisses both Quinn and Zayn on the cheek before walking over to the cake. Zayn walks in the opposite direction towards the sandbox where both the twins were now, giving them both a look when he saw the rather large hole in the sandbox. Ethan was the one sitting in the bottom of it, smiling up at Zayn as Nathan throws a bucket of sand on top of his brother.

"What are you boys doing?" Zayn asks, earning giggles from both Nathan and Ethan.

"I bury Ethan, Daddy." Nathan says, looking at Zayn proudly like it was the best thing in the entire world. 

"Well you better un-bury him, your mummy is getting ready to cut the cake and you can't have any if you bury your brother." Zayn says and Nathan's eyes widened. He was quick to jump to grab one of the toy shovels next to him, reaching down into the hole to help un-bury his little brother. Ethan rolls his eyes before standing up with no difficulty whatsoever. 

"I bury you?" Nathan says, sounding unsure as Ethan once again rolls his eyes. 

"It is big hole." Ethan says, holding his hand out for Nathan to help him out of the hole. The twins walk over to where Louis was together, continuing to hold hands as Zayn follows behind them. Louis smiles brightly at the twins, helping them up on the bench and standing behind them as he lights the candles. Zayn hands Harry Quinn, grabbing out his camera so he could record the twins blowing out their candles. 

"Happy birthday to you." Louis starts, everyone chiming in with him as they all sing happy birthday to the twins. Ethan and Nathan continued to grin, looking around as they waited for their cue to blow out their candles. When the song finally ended, they both took deep breaths and blew, everyone erupting into cheers and applause. Louis looks over at Zayn, a bright grin on his face as Zayn returns it with a grin of his own. 

They really seemed to have it all, and Zayn honestly couldn't be any happier.

-----------------------------------------------------------

once again, chapter ending on point.

the twins are adorable. i cry. they're getting so big...

Dedication goes to A2Zayn

QOTC: what do you guys think is wrong with Louis? 

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx