thirty-six: the rant of a villian

"I uh... I brought you something to eat." Liam says, awkwardly walking into Louis' room with a tray with breakfast foods on top of it. Louis makes no acknowledgement of hearing Liam, keeping his eyes on the window and his knees pulled up to his chest. It was the same position Liam had left him in the night before and Liam was almost positive that he hadn't moved at all during the night. 

"Lou, you gotta eat something." Liam says, placing the tray down on the bed and looking at Louis. Louis still doesn't move, earning a sigh from Liam who moves further into the room. Liam understood why Louis wasn't talking to him, but that wasn't going to stop him from talking to him anyways. 

"Look, I know this isn't exactly the most ideal situation Lou... but if you're not gonna eat for you, at least eat for those babies." Liam mentions and Louis finally seems to acknowledge Liam. He moves from his position for a moment, grabbing a piece of toast off the tray before going back to his usual spot. He returns his attention to the window, earning yet another sigh from Liam. 

"Look... I'm sorry that I got you put in this mess." Liam starts only to have Louis scoff and shake his head. He finally looks at Liam, his eyes cold and unwelcoming as he glares. 

"You are not sorry, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if you're enjoying this. You are never sorry, Liam." 

"I know you have no reason to believe me otherwise, Louis... I have been a terrible person to you in the past year and I guess I deserve you to hate me. But you need to understand that I had ever intention of leaving you be, okay? The last thing I wanted to do was cause you or Zayn anymore harm... but I don't have much of a choice. She's got E-" 

"Will you for once in your life stop being such  bloody liar, Liam?" Louis asks, his voice coming out tired as he once again looks way from Liam yet again. 

"There used to be a time when you believed every word I said."

"That time is long passed. I lost all trust and respect for you the day you ruined my life, so you can go ahead and talk about how much you've changed but I won't believe a single word. You are nothing but a monster, Liam Payne. Stop trying to convince everyone otherwise." Louis says, keeping his gaze at the window. Liam takes a deep breath, running a hand through his hair as he closes his eyes for a moment. He knew Louis was right, but that didn't mean Liam wanted to exactly agree with him either. 

"I'm sorry, Louis. I know that doesn't even begin to make up for what I've done to you or your family... but I am sorry. Can you at least believe me when I say that?" Liam asks and Louis turns to look at him yet again. His eyes are still cold and Liam was surprised he didn't catch on fire at the intensity of his glare. 

"If you were so sorry, Liam... I wouldn't be here right now." 

"I didn't have a ch-" 

"You always have a choice, Liam." 

"So you're telling me that if you had to choose between saving your kids or doing the right thing, you'd pick doing the right thing?" Liam asks, his voice holding a rather hostile tone to it now because he didn't get how Louis kept overlooking the fact that Liam's son was quite possibly in danger. Sure, Liam wasn't going to win father of the year and he more than likely wouldn't try to be in Easton's life after this was all said and done... but it wasn't like Liam didn't want anything to do with his son... He just knew it would put everyone else at ease if he just left. 

"I wouldn't allow myself to be put in that situation, Liam." 

"And you think I just allowed this to happen? It's not like I went and put an ad in the newspaper saying "please kidnap my son and use him against me as blackmail." I didn't ask for this to happen, Louis." Liam says, his voice still coming out harsh as he tries to keep his frustrations at bay. Louis lets out a sigh, pulling his knees up against his chest again as does so. By the looks of it he's done talking, but Liam was far from finished right now. 

"I am a bad person, Louis. Nothing will ever make up for what I have done to you or what I have put Niall through but at least I can try to do the right thing by my son even if it doesn't change how people see me. I'm okay with playing the bad guy, I deserve the stupid title, but don't even for a second begin to tell me how I should feel or what it is I'm sorry or not sorry about. You don't know me like you used to, Lou." 

"You're right, the old you wouldn't have done this." Louis whispers, refusing to look to Liam as he finally starts to leave the room. Liam stops at the door, hesitating for a moment before he finally does leave. It is only then that Louis allows himself to start crying, biting down on his bottom lip as he buries his face into his arms. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ha.

don't even know man.

it's 1:25 in the morning, it's just crazy.

dedication goes to mcrews6

QOTC: can't think of one...

comment

and

vote

connie xx