three: the rehearsal dinner

"I no like this, Mummy." Nathan pouts, looking at Louis sadly as he pulls at the suit jacket he was wearing. Louis felt bad, but it was their rehearsal dinner and he wanted to boys to look their best. Quinn was wearing a dress as well so it wasn't like Nathan was the only one throwing a fit about being dressed up. Zayn was busy chasing Ethan around, so Louis was currently on Nathan and Quinn watch. 

"I know baby, but it's only for another hour." Louis says, hoping to be reassuring but the look on Nathan's face was more than enough to know that it wasn't. 

"Want it off now." Nathan whines, continuing to pull at his jacket. Louis lets out a sigh, looking around the room for Zayn. Louis wasn't sure how long this was going to go honestly, they'd already had dinner and everyone had kinda walked around the room and congratulated them. They were really just waiting for everyone to leave, but he couldn't see Zayn anywhere and he knew that if he didn't get Nathan out of his suit soon he was going to start screaming. Louis didn't want to deal with a screaming three year old, it would only make him more frazzled than he already felt. 

"Let's find your daddy and then we can go home, alright?" Louis says quietly, standing up from his chair and placing Quinn on his hip and grabbing Nathan's hand. Louis walks around the room, looking for Zayn but only to come up empty. Louis lets go of Nathan's hand at that point, grabbing the phone out of his pocket and dialing Zayn's number. Louis frowns a little though when it goes straight to voicemail, it wasn't helping Louis' nerves. 

"Do you see your daddy anywhere?" Louis asks Nathan as he continues to look around the room for Zayn. Nathan shakes his head, but it wasn't like Louis was actually expecting him to say he could though. Louis bites his bottom lip, really not liking the fact that he couldn't find Zayn anywhere. He could've sworn he just had not even ten minutes ago... 

"There, I see Daddy!" Nathan suddenly yells, pointing in the direction that he'd just seen Zayn. Louis looks over that, a breath of relief leaving Louis' lips as he reaches for Nathan's hand once again. Louis pretty much high tails it towards Zayn, earning a smile from Zayn who has a sleeping Ethan in his arms. 

"Sorry, he had to go to the restroom and then he fell asleep. Poor little guy is out for the count." Zayn says, kissing the side of Ethan's head. Louis smiles softly, also kissing Ethan before looking at Zayn.

"We should probably get going, Nathan's getting a little antsy and I'm pretty sure Quinn is about to fall asleep too." Louis says, earning a chuckle from Zayn before he nods. 

"Yeah, the party is pretty much dead at this point. We're gonna see them all again tomorrow. If we don't get these kiddos to bed soon they're gonna be grumpy as hell tomorrow. That's the last thing we need." Zayn says, nuzzling noses with Quinn who just lets out a huff because she didn't seem to find Zayn very funny right now. 

"Let's head out then. Also, you get to break it to Nathan that he has to wear his suit again tomorrow." Louis says, earning an eye roll from Zayn who reaches down to pick up his other son. That was one of the perks of having twins, Zayn could hold both of his boys at the same time with no difficulty whatsoever. Louis could only silently pray that he wasn't pregnant with twins yet again, they weren't going to have enough arms at that point. 

"You alright?" Zayn asks when Louis zones out for a moment. 

"Yeah... Just tired, sorry." Louis says quietly, earning an unsure look from Zayn but he seemed like he was going to drop it at that. 

"Let's get out of here before we end up staying here for another hour." Zayn says, already starting to walk towards the door. Louis follows closely behind him, bouncing Quinn a little when she starts to let out quiet whines. The small family walk out to Zayn's car, Louis putting Quinn into her car seat before grabbing a sleepy Nathan from Zayn. Zayn gets Ethan into his booster seat as Louis puts Nathan into his. Louis smiles at Zayn once he gets into the car, allowing the older to grab his hand. 

"Are you excited about tomorrow?" Zayn asks as he pulls out of the parking lot. 

"Course, I've been waiting for this day for a long time now. What about you? Are you excited?" Louis asks back, looking at Zayn who's face was just barely lit with the lights from the dash. 

"Yeah, it just makes our family feel even more complete than it already is. Just the five of us together." Zayn says, smiling brightly and completely oblivious to the frown that had found it's way onto Louis' face. 

"Just the five of us?" 

"Yeah. I'm more than content with what we've got. I wouldn't change any of it." Zayn says and Louis bites down on his bottom lip because now he was starting to feel uneasy. 

"Zayn, I gotta tell you something..." Louis whispers once they got back to the house, Zayn looking over at him as he turns off the car. 

"What?" Zayn asks,climbing out of the car to get the boys out. Louis hesitates for a moment, biting down on his bottom lip because he really didn't think that right now was a good time. 

"I love you." Louis says instead, earning a grin from Zayn.

"I love you too, Lou." 

------------------------------------------------------------

annnnnnnnnnd that's a wrap homies.

homie is a fun word to say. idk why i like to say it tbh.

Dedication goes to WeirdDirectionerxx

QOTC: how do you guys think Zayn will react when Louis tells him he's pregnant?

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx