twenty-nine: conspiracy theories

"Your friend is out of surgery, you can go see him now if you'd like. He's in room 408." The nurse says, her eyes widening when Louis and Niall both rush towards Harry's room. Zayn watches them go, unable to really go anywhere due to the three sleeping children in his lap. Louis is the first into the room and he lets out the biggest sigh of relief when he sees Harry sitting up in the bed eating what appeared to be jello. Niall pushes past Louis, throwing his arms around Harry who lets out a surprised yelp and winces a little in pain.

"Thank god you're alright..." Niall says quietly, holding on tightly to Harry who wraps an arm around Niall. Louis stands off to the side, letting the two of them have their moment. When Niall finally let go of Harry, Louis wasted no time in hugging his best friend just as tight. Harry makes sure to squeeze him back softly, his grip still a little weak due to the pain killers still running through his system. 

"You guys are acting like I was on my death bed, it's just a scratch..." Harry tries to play it off but he wasn't fooling anyone. 

"You got hit with a car, Harry. You broke two ribs and your arm, not to mention the fact that you are suffering from a concussion. It is not just a scratch." Niall says, listing off all of Harry's injuries as he glares at Harry. Harry shrugs which in turn causes him to wince. 

"Alright, so maybe it's more than a scratch... but I'm okay. The doctor's stitched me up and in a few days I'll be able to walk right out of this hospital. You don't need to be so worried about me darling." Harry says, wrapping an arm around Niall and pulling him towards his side. 

"Do you remember what happened?" Louis asks, leaning against the wall as he looks over at Harry. Harry's forehead scrunches in concentration, his lips pursing as he tries to think. 

"Not really... Like I remember why I was where I was at... but... I don't remember getting hit by the car or who was driving it. It's all pretty much a blur." Harry says, earning a nod from Louis. He runs a hand through his hair, biting down on his bottom lip as he looks towards the door. He knew it was late and that the kids were exhausted, but Louis didn't want to leave Harry alone quite yet. 

"I think Liam did it... He called me right before it happened..." Niall says quietly, playing with Harry's fingers. Harry shakes his head as he shifts further up on the bed.

"I don't think it was... I don't remember him being there." Harry says and Louis goes to reply only to be interrupted by a knock on the door. Louis turns around to see Zayn standing there with a sleeping Quinn in his arms. Two very sleepy three year olds stood behind him, barely keeping their eyes open as they lean against the back of Zayn's legs. 

"Hey... I uh... I hate to cut this short and all but we gotta get the kids home before they end up passing out on the floor. I'm glad you're alright Harry." Zayn says and Louis nods as he walks over to the door. He bends down to pick up Ethan, allowing the three year old to bury his head into his shoulder. Nathan lets out a whine at that, making grabby motions at Louis who frowns when he realizes he couldn't hold both the twins. Zayn notices his predicament and hands Louis Quinn before he bends down to pick Nathan up. 

"Alright... Let's get them home... I'll be by tomorrow, Harry." Louis says, trying to wave but he can't due to the fact that his arms are full. 

"I look forward to it, hopefully I'll have more recollection of what happened by then." Harry says, earning nods from both Zayn and Louis. They leave after that, Zayn grabbing Ethan out of Louis' arms and holding both the twins as Louis holds just Quinn. Neither of them say anything as they walk towards the car. Louis puts Quinn into her seat first before helping Zayn with the twins. Once all the kids were strapped in, they both got into the front seat. Zayn takes a minute to start the car, taking a deep breath as he thinks about what to say to Louis. 

"It wasn't Liam." Zayn says, breaking the silence and earning a very confused look from Louis. 

"And you know that how?" Louis asks the question that Zayn had honestly dreading for the past week but he was done lying to Louis. 

"Liam's been... Liam's been calling me for the past week on and off. He was the reason why I didn't have you pick me up from the airport, I was giving him what he wanted in hopes that he'd finally back off. He called me while Harry was still in surgery and it wasn't him." 

"If it wasn't Liam... Who was it?" 

"I think it was my mother. It makes sense to me, Lou. She just came back, completely out of the blue. She had the footage, which should've been a red flag to begin with... but I was desperate at the time. I should've know she had more motives besides just wanting to get back in my life, Lou. She's probably been trying to run my company into the ground since the first day she walked in... and I think Harry caught her doing something she wasn't supposed to be doing... and I think that's why she went after him. I know it sounds crazy... but I think she did it." Zayn finishes, looking at Louis who seems a little wary at what Zayn was saying. Louis takes  deep breath, running a hand through his hair.

"Do you think it's ever going to stop? Are we ever going to be able to just... live our lives peacefully without all this shit? First it was Liam and now it's your mum... What's next? My dad finally deciding to come back into my life?" Louis finally asks, looking over at Zayn as he lets out a bitter laugh. Zayn gives him a tight smile before reaching for Louis' hand. 

"I don't know when it's going to stop... but it will eventually, I promise alright? And as soon as it does, we can go look for a new house like you wanted to... We can start planning for the new babies... and we can finally be happy. I promise, babe." Zayn whispers, holding Louis' hand up so he can kiss the knuckles softly. 

"I'm going to hold you to that." 

"I wouldn't have it any other way." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first off, i'm sorry it's been awhile. i went camping with my family this weekend, which really doesn't excuse the fact that i didn't update before i left... but i honestly didn't feel like it. 

second off, I'm also sorry if this story seems to be dragging out and that my chapters are so short. I try to update as often as I can, which in turn means short chapters and I guess makes it seem like the story is dragging out to some people. All I can say to that is if you don't like it, simply stop reading. 

so yeah... now that that's out of the way.

Dedication goes to annoyinglarries 

QOTC: can't think of one. so i guess just comment your fave thing about this chapter. 

comment

and

vote

connie xx