nine: a walk on the pier

"So I was thinking when we get back home, we schedule an appointment with your doctor." Zayn says, looking over at Louis as the two of them walk side by side down the board walk. Louis isn't really listening though, paying more attention to the ocean than he was to Zayn. Zayn didn't mind though because it provided him with one hell of a view. 

"We should move here." Louis whispers, walking over to the railing just so he can peer over the edge. Zayn stands a little further back, a soft smile on his face as he just stares at Louis. He didn't care if he came across creepy, he didn't care if it seemed weird because to him... it wasn't weird. His entire world was right there in front of him with biggest grin on his face. Zayn could almost swear that Louis was glowing, the happiness literally radiating off of him. Louis' blue eyes stuck out more than ever now in contrast to the water, but they were nowhere near as beautiful as the grin on his face. 

"Do you really want to?" Zayn asks, finally joining Louis' side. Louis just shrugs, continuing to keep his gaze out on the water. 

"I wouldn't mind living here... There's just something about the ocean that's just so calming." Louis says, keeping his voice quiet. Zayn wraps an arm around Louis' shoulder, pulling the younger boy closer to him before he kisses the top of his head. 

"Maybe someday, when we're old or something. I don't think the ocean is a good place to raise kids, or at least to raise our kids anyways." Zayn says, earning a laugh from Louis who nods. Louis' smile fades for a second though, a small ache in the pit of his stomach. He missed his kids, even though it had only been about a day since he'd last seen them. He knew that his mother would be calling him later that night but at that moment it seemed like an awfully long time until then. 

"Everything alright?" Zayn asks, noticing the sudden change in Louis' mood. 

"Everything's fine... Just thinking about how much I miss the kids... It's weird going longer than a few hours not seeing them..." Louis says honestly, finally looking over at Zayn who gives him a knowing smile. Zayn missed the kids too, but in a way he was glad they weren't around. It had been a long time since it was just the two of them, so Zayn was going to make sure they spent every second enjoying it. 

"We'll get to talk to them tonight. If anything was wrong your mum would've already called about it. Ethan knows to tell her if he isn't feeling good, Nathan is already hitting that independent streak, so really she's only having to take care of Quinn the entire time." Zayn says, trying to be reassuring but he could tell that it wasn't helping Louis' nerves. Zayn wasn't sure if he wanted to blame it on the hormones or not, mainly due to the fact that he hadn't been around Louis long enough to really know how he acted with hormones. 

"I've just gotten so used to having them around all the time... I'm used to having someone to take care of, so I'm just having a hard time getting used to the fact that no one needs me right now." Louis whispers, earning a soft laugh from Zayn as he pulls Louis a little closer to his side. Zayn places a soft kiss to the side of Louis' head, nuzzling his nose into Louis' hair.

"I need you, I'm always going to need you. Even when our kids are all grown up and it's just the two of us on our own... I'm still going to need you. So let's enjoy our time now." Zayn whispers into Louis' ear, continuing to hold Louis close even when Louis tried to get away so that he could look at Zayn easier. Zayn eventually lets him go, allowing Louis to lean against the railing. Zayn places a hand on either side of him, smiling as Louis plays with the collar of his shirt. 

"If I had known you'd be this sappy when I married you, I probably wouldn't have." Louis teases, leaning in close to kiss Zayn softly on the lips. 

"We haven't even been married for more than a day and you're already having second thoughts." Zayn teases back, but the look on Louis' face became a little more serious.

"I spent nearly three years having second thoughts where you were concerned, I think I've spent enough time having second thoughts." 

"Good because it would really suck if you suddenly decided that you didn't want anything to do with me... I'm sort of looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you." Zayn whispers, once again leaning in so that his lips are just barely touching Louis'. 

"Only sort of?" Louis asks, pulling back from Zayn which in turn makes the older roll his eyes. 

"Okay... maybe I'm really looking forward to it." Zayn says, earning a grin from Louis as he pulls Zayn close yet again. 

"You wanna know what I'm really looking forward to?" Louis whispers, wrapping his arms around Zayn's neck as he leans up a little more so he can kiss Zayn. 

"What?" 

"Why don't we head back to the hotel and I'll show you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ha. what even is that last line.

this chapter took me like five hours to write and i'm ashamed to admit that. i started it, but then i started watching I Am Number Four... which has my bae Alex Pettyfer in it... aka the reason for my untimely death... then I started watching In Time which also has the bae.... So yeah. I got distracted.

Dedication goes to KingCommenter

QOTC: smut or nah? 

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx