twenty: the stubborn idiot

"I don't think he's going to come outside..." Harry whispers when the sun is set completely, earning a soft laugh from Louis who nods in agreement. 

"He's on his own with three kids, it's not like he can exactly leave and come looking for me. I just thought he'd at least be smart enough to look outside by now." Louis says honestly, letting out a sigh before standing up off the stairs. Harry stands up too, pulling his friend in for a hug. Louis returns it halfheartedly, pulling away after a few seconds and walking towards the front door. He takes a deep breath before he finally opens it and goes inside, letting it out in a rush when a pair of arms are thrown around him. 

"Louis, thank god." Zayn whispers into his neck, holding Louis tight and close but Louis doesn't even make any move to hug him back. Zayn pulls away with a confused expression on his face, looking at Louis only to have Louis push past him and towards the kitchen. Zayn turns his confused expression to Harry now, who lets out a sigh as he runs his hand through his hair. 

"Where was he?" Zayn asks, earning a laugh from Harry.

"He was just outside, sitting on the steps. Told me he wasn't coming inside until you came looking for him, but I guess he got cold or hungry. You're an outright idiot, I hope you realize that." Harry says, folding his arms over his chest as he looks at Zayn. 

"I couldn't just leave the kids alone in the house." Zayn says and Harry rolls his eyes. 

"You could've looked out the window or something. He's angry, like really angry right now and you being stupid isn't going to help. You're in some real deep shit right now." Harry says quietly, looking over towards the kitchen to see if Louis was coming back.

"You're just as guilty as I am, the only difference is that he doesn't know about you. So save me the speech, Harry." Zayn says, glaring at Harry and turning to walk towards the kitchen. Harry grabs Zayn's arm before he gets very far though. 

"You need to be careful, Zayn. You can't just go in there and tell him every reason why you're right and he's wrong, that's not going to work this time. He is pissed with you and everything you say is just going to make it worse. Give him space, let him calm down and when he's ready to talk... he'll talk to you." Harry says and he lets go of Zayn's arm before stuffing both of his hands into the front pockets of his jeans. 

"I need to go, Niall's waiting for me." 

"I'm sorry I dragged you into this." Zayn whispers as Harry walks back towards the front door and Harry turns back around to face him. Harry gives him a tight smile, one that was more filled with pity than it was remorse for Zayn. 

"If I was in your shoes, I would've done the same thing." Harry says and with that he leaves. Zayn locks the door behind him, letting out a sigh as he looks over at the kitchen. He wasn't sure if going to Louis was the right thing to do, but he needed to at least let Louis know that he was sorry one last time. So Zayn goes into the kitchen to see Louis sitting at the table with a cup of what he was assuming was tea in his hands. 

"I'm sorry I'm an idiot." Zayn says, but Louis doesn't even acknowledge the fact Zayn had even said anything. Zayn lets out another sigh as he sits down at the table with Louis, tapping his fingers against the edge to fill the uncomfortable silence. 

"I should've known you were just outside, I'm an idiot and I'm sorry. I'm sorry about everything, Lou. I'm sorry that I lied to you, I'm sorry that I hurt you, I'm sorry." Zayn says and he can tell that Louis isn't going to say anything to him. 

"How long are you going to ignore me, Lou?" Zayn tries, but Louis still refuses to say anything which in turn just irritated Zayn even more than he was before. He understood that Louis was upset, but ignoring Zayn wasn't going to help the situation and Zayn found it quite childish. 

"What more do you want me to do, Louis? I already said I was sorry." 

"Just leave me alone, Zayn. I'm tired, I'm cold, I'm still pissed as hell at you and I want you to just shut up." Louis says, leaning forward and pressing the warm cup against his forehead. 

"I need to fix this, Louis." 

"No, you need to go away. Go upstairs or something and just leave me alone before we both do something we regret." 

"Like what? Are you going to leave again?" Zayn asks and Louis almost flinches at the bitter tone his voice held to. 

"Will you just go away already? You're not helping the situation, Zayn." Louis says quietly, still refusing to look at Zayn even when Zayn lets out a scoff. Louis wasn't in the mood to deal with Zayn's petty nature, all he wanted was to be left alone right now. 

"Just tell me what I can do to fix this..." 

"You can leave me alone." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

drama rama 

I finished season three of The Vampire Dairies since the last update... either I really slack on updates or I have a serious binge watching problem.... and I need help. Send help. 

Dedication goes to KingCommenter

QOTC: do you guys think Zayn will mention the fact that Liam's been texting him to Louis? Or will he choose to keep that from Louis too?

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx