twenty-four: a business meeting and a phone call

"Where the hell have you been? We were supposed to meet with the CEO almost an hour ago." Trisha says, glaring as her son walks into the lobby with a brief case in hand. Zayn returns her glare, opting for just pretending she wasn't there but Trisha wasn't one to be ignored. She grabs Zayn's arms as he walks past her, which didn't really go over well for Zayn. 

He'd spent the entire night worrying about Louis, only to have Harry call him and tell him that Liam had broken into his house. Louis and the kids were safe, but it didn't put Zayn's mind at ease. He was in no mood to be dealing with his mother or a business deal that really didn't feel like much of a deal. He needed to get home, he needed to make sure that Liam couldn't get anywhere near Louis or the kids again. 

"I postponed the meeting, I had somethings I needed to take care of first. Now are you done? I'd like to get this finished." Zayn grumbles out, shaking his mother's hand off his arm and walking into the meeting room. Trisha follows after him, the pissed off expression on her face disappearing as she plasters on one of the most fake smiles Zayn had ever seen. Zayn tries not to roll his eyes as he sits down at the table, the amount of annoyance he felt towards his mother already growing larger. 

For the next two hours, Zayn is silently wishing someone would just kill him already. He almost let out a cheer when his phone went off, echoing through the room and startling all inside. Zayn's eyes lit up even more when he saw it was Louis that was calling him.

"If you'd please excuse me for a moment, this is important." Zayn says, standing up from the meeting room and walking out. He accepted Louis' call once he was outside. 

"Is everything alright?" Zayn asks, the sick feeling that had been in the pit of his stomach for the past twenty four hours completely gone. 

"I don't know, Zayn. It appears as if you're not a very good listener." And just like that, the sick feeling was back as Liam's voice comes from the other end of the phone. Zayn stiffens, standing up straight as his heart starts to beat a little faster. 

"What are you doing with Louis' phone?" Zayn asks, moving further away from the meeting room. He could feel his mother's eyes on him as he moved, it was almost like she knew exactly who was on the other end of that phone. 

"He left it, I'm just using it being since you keep ignoring me when I use my own phone. You really shouldn't ignore me, Zayn. So, this is your last chance to tell me what you did with that disc. If you lie to me, I'm going to do something a little bigger than just threatening Louis." Liam says, his voice holding that dark tone Zayn knew far too well but that doesn't stop Zayn from lying his ass off. 

"It's with me. I have it." Zayn lies, keeping his voice firm in hopes that would help make him seem more convincing. 

"Now that's the best thing I've heard all week. Where are you? I'll come and get it." 

"Seattle, I won't be home until tomorrow." Zayn says, a feeling of relief going over him when he realizes that Liam had actually believed him. 

"Fine. I'll meet you at the office tomorrow night. If you don't show up and I find out you're lying to me, I'll make sure you regret it. Give Trisha my best." Liam says before hanging up the phone, leaving Zay more than a little confused. He wasn't sure how Liam knew he was with Trisha, but he didn't have time to deal with this right now. He needed to figure out what the hell he was going to do now because he wasn't going to just hand over the disc, not without some sort of back up plan. Zayn bites down on his bottom lip as he dials Harry's number, praying to god that he'd at least be willing to help. 

"Hello?" Harry's voice is groggy on the other end, almost as if he'd just woken up. 

"Hey, I need you to do me a favor. I need you to go back to the house and get the disc that Liam's looking for. Louis knows where it is... I need you to make a copy, Harry." 

"Can I ask why?" 

"I've got a plan, all be it a really shitty one... but it's a plan and I just need you to do what I ask you to, Harry. I know that I'm part of the reason why we're in this mess and it really isn't fair of me to ask you to do this...but this needs to stay between just the two of us for the time being, alright?" This earns a sigh from Harry and Zayn could pretty much just picture the look on his face right now. 

"You can't keep doing this, Zayn. You can't keep telling me to keep secrets from Niall and you can't keep keeping things from Louis. We know where this road goes, Zayn." Harry says quietly and it's Zayn's turn to sigh. 

"I know...I'll tell him when Liam leaves... but right now I need Liam to believe he's got the only copy. So are you going to help me or not?" Zayn asks and it takes Harry a moment to respond. 

"I'll help, but if this blows up in your face... don't say I didn't warn you." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

bleh.

this chapter is just... bleh.

oh well.

that's life.

dedication goes to NarryMee

qotc: so... because this chapter was lame as hell i can't think of a good question about it... so instead i want you guys to comment baby names for the new babies (it's twins and I know i've really sucked at including that the past few chapters but Louis is only like nine weeks pregnant so it's really not a big part of the story yet...) so yeah. baby names. any suggestions? (i also haven't decided on genders yet tbh so that's on the table too)

comment

and

vote

connie xx