eighteen: fight night

Louis is waiting for Zayn when he makes it home, sitting on the living room couch as the kids are all napping upstairs. It was nearly three in the afternoon, way later than Zayn had said he was going to be. With every passing hour, Louis was getting more on edge. He wanted to get this conversation out of the way, but the longer Zayn took... the more Louis felt nervous. So when Zayn walks through the front door, Louis can't help but feel like he was about ready to puke. Zayn walks in with a frown on his face, that turns into a smile when he sees Louis. That smile fades though when he notices the way Louis is looking at him.

"Hey... What's wrong?" Zayn asks, placing his coat back on the rack. He walks over to Louis, sitting down on the couch next to Louis. Louis scoots away from him, taking a deep breath as he looks at Zayn. Louis wasn't sure what to say, right in that moment a lot of things seemed to be wrong. 

"Can I ask you something?" Louis whispers, finally able to speak. Zayn smiles at him, grabbing his hand so he can give it a reassuring squeeze. 

"Course, you know you can ask me anything." Zayn says, trying to mask the small amount of panic in the pit of his stomach. 

"You don't keep anything from me, do you?" Louis asks and Zayn doesn't even hesitate with his answer.

"Course not." Zayn says and he could instantly tell that wasn't the answer Louis had been expecting. Louis' eyes darkened and a glare finds its way onto his face. Zayn's throat is dry and he can feel his heart racing in his chest. 

"Then what the hell is this?" Louis asks, pulling the disc out from underneath the couch pillow. Zayn's eyes instantly widen and he knows he's in deep shit. 

"I can explain that..." Zayn says slowly, clearing his throat as he shifts awkwardly in his spot. 

"Then explain it and don't even try to lie to me again." Louis' voice comes out desperate and he's trying his hardest to stay calm but right then and there all he wanted to do was scream at Zayn. He had just lied to him, straight to his face with no hesitation whatsoever and that hurt. Louis really had thought they'd moved past all of this, but yet here Zayn was trying to cover up his tracks. 

"I got it for security purposes, just in case Liam came back. I didn't want to run the risk of him coming back and not having anything against him. He's dangerous, Louis. He's dangerous and I need the reassurance that I can nail the son of a bitch if he ever shows up again. I'm sorry that I lied to you, I'm sorry I went and did exactly the opposite of what you told me to do." Zayn says but it doesn't make Louis feel even better, in fact he felt even angrier.

"It wasn't your choice to make, Zayn. It was mine, I told you to let it go. I told you to step away, and you still decided to go behind my back. If you were going to do that, you should've just told me instead of lying to me for the past five months." 

"I didn't want to ups-" 

"Well you did a great job with that now, didn't you? Do you ever think about these things before you make your choice, Zayn? Or do you just automatically go "oh what the hell, I'm sure Louis will be just fine with this in the long run if I tell him it was for his own good,"? I am not okay with this, Zayn. I am beyond furious with you right now." Louis says, his voice coming out strained as he stands up off the couch. He runs his hands up his face before he runs them through his hair, gripping it tightly as he takes a deep breath. Zayn stands up from the couch as well, reaching for Louis only to have him take a step back. 

"I'm sorr-" Zayn starts to say only to have Louis interrupt him a second time. Louis didn't want to hear the bullshit apology, he knew that Zayn didn't actually mean it.

"Sorry for what? For going behind my back or for the fact that you got caught?" Louis asks and Zayn is more than a little taken aback. 

"I'm sorry I hurt you, that wasn't my intention. I was just trying to do what I thought was best for my family. I shouldn't have lied to you." Zayn says, not caring if he's coming off desperate or not. He needed Louis to understand why he did this, but he knew that he was in deep and it was going to take more than just saying he was sorry. Louis takes a moment to say anything, keeping his gaze locked on Zayn as he thought about what exactly he was supposed to say to that. He wasn't going to just let Zayn off the hook, he was furious. 

"You really shouldn't have." Louis finally whispers and what he does next doesn't surprise Zayn whatsoever. He walks towards the front door and Zayn makes no move to stop him. 

Because if there was one thing Zayn could always rely on, when things got tough, Louis left.

But he'd always come back. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

this chapter honestly wasn't so dramatic...

idk man.

i was watching Vampire Dairies while I wrote this chapter, I'm only just finishing season one and all I wanna do is hold Damon close and tell him it's all gonna be okay... I'm also very angry with the ending of season one. I wanna fight someone. 

Dedication goes to ImmaLetItSlide

QOTC: don't got one... sorry lol.

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx