four: pre wedding jitters

"Nervous?" Niall asks, looking at Zayn who was standing in front of the full sized mirror. Zayn was pulling at the ends of his suit jacket, making sure that everything looked right. In less than an hour, Zayn was going to be standing in a room filled with friends and family waiting for Louis to walk down that aisle. Zayn wasn't nervous, not in the slightest because this all felt right. Zayn had been waiting for this moment for nearly three years, he was excited but he wasn't nervous.

"Should I be?" Zayn asks, finally looking away from his reflection and over at Niall who was bouncing Easton on his knee as the little baby chews on the teething ring Niall had given him. 

"Well, you're marrying the love of your life... I think that's a pretty good reason to be nervous." Niall points out, earning a shrug from Zayn.

"I think that's the entire reason why I'm not. I'm not nervous because I know what exactly is going to happen and I am more than excited for every second of it." Zayn says honestly, pulling a funny face at Easton who bursts into a fit of giggles. Zayn was missing his own kids right now, they were all with Louis and Harry in the room down the hall. Zayn was pretty sure if he tried hard enough he could hear the twins or Quinn laughing as well as Louis. 

"I'm glad that you guys finally figured your shit out." Niall whispers, nuzzling his nose into Easton's hair. Zayn smiles, shrugging a little before he checks the time on his watch. 

"We should probably start heading down to the ceremony." Zayn says, looking back at his reflection one more time.

"Can I ask you something real fast?" 

"Sure." 

"You're looking for Liam, aren't you?" Niall asks, keeping his attention on the baby in his lap. Zayn hesitates for a moment, unsure if he should tell Niall the truth or not. Niall seems to catch onto Zayn's hesitation, a tight smile finding its way onto his lips. 

"I hope you do find him and I hope he gets what he deserves." Niall says, standing up from his spot and slinging Easton onto his hip. Zayn doesn't say another word, following Niall out of the room.

---------------

"Do I look okay?" Louis asks, turning around to look at Harry who was currently keeping the twins entertained. Harry looks up from his thumb war with Nathan, going to give Louis a thumbs up but he forgot he was also having a thumb war with Ethan. 

"You look great, Lou. Stop stressing." Harry says, trying to be reassuring but it was Louis and Louis was pretty hard to reassure. 

"I just... I feel fat." Louis says quietly, turning to the side with a frown. Harry gives him a look, no longer paying attention to the double thumb war.

"What do you mean? You look fine, Lou." Harry says, completely oblivious to the fact that Nathan had now pinned down his thumb and was counting to ten. Realization finds its way onto Harry's face though as he stares at Louis. 

"No..." Harry whispers, his eyes widening and his mouth forming a perfect o as he continues to look at Louis. Louis bites his lip, looking down at his feet because he honestly didn't know how he felt right now. 

"Have you told Zayn yet?" Harry asks after another minute passes, standing up from his spot on the floor with the twins and Quinn. The twins let out whines, not liking the fact that Harry wasn't paying attention to them anymore but it didn't last long before they started their own little thumb war. Quinn was more than content just sitting on her blanket and playing with her toys. 

"No... I haven't." Louis says, once again biting down on his bottom lip because really Zayn should've been the first to know. Louis didn't understand why it was so hard for him to tell Zayn these kinds of things, he guessed it just had to do with the fact that he was still so scared that one day Zayn would wake up and realize that Louis and their family wasn't what he wanted. Louis knew it was stupid to think like that, for Christ sake they were getting married today... but there was a part of Louis that would always hold that fear. 

"This is kind of something he should know, Lou. Hell, you should've told him first." Harry points out, earning a nod from Louis as he runs a hand through his hair. 

"I know... I was going to tell him last night, but he like... he sat there and talked about how content he was with what we have now... almost like he never wanted anything different, anything new... So I chickened out and didn't tell him cause I didn't want to start some sort of argument the night before our wedding. I'm gonna tell him eventually, just not today." Louis says, shrugging like it was no big deal but on the inside Louis was sort of freaking out. Harry gives his friend a sympathetic look, clearly seeing that Louis wasn't doing so well. 

"I'm sure he'll be excited once you tell him. I mean this will be the first time he actually gets to experience the entire pregnancy. I don't think he'll be upset, so don't worry too much about it." Harry says, smiling at Louis when he looks over at him. Louis nods softly before looking down at his watch. 

"We should probably get ready to head down... I'm getting married in ten minutes." Louis whispers, trying his hardest to ignore the fluttering in his stomach. 

"Well let's get going then, don't want to late to your own wedding now do we?" Harry teases and Louis smiles softly at that. Harry bends down to grab Quinn, earning a surprised squeak from the little girl. Nathan and Ethan follow their mother and Harry out of the dressing room, Ethan holding the pillow with the rings while Nathan held his brother's hand. The five of them walk down the hall and towards the room where Louis and Zayn were getting married, stopping at the doors that were closed. Johannah meets them there, smiling brightly at her son who was pretty much bouncing on the balls of his feet by this point. He could hear the music playing on the other side and he knew what was waiting for him just behind those doors.

"Are you ready?" Johannah asks, placing a hand on Louis' arm. Louis takes a deep breath, closing his eyes before nodding.

"I'm ready." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

woohoo

zouis wedding next chapter.

holla

dedication goes to imzadinot

qotc: can't really think of one so just comment your favorite thing about this chapter.

comment

and

vote

connie xx