seven: road trip

seven: road trip

"Now you boys be good for your grandmother, am I understood?" Zayn asks, crouching down so that he's to eye level with the boys. Nathan and Ethan both nod, bright grins on their faces before throwing their arms around Zayn's neck. 

"Gonna miss you, Daddy." Ethan says quietly, holding on tighter than Nathan who seemed to only be hugging Zayn because Ethan was doing it. Zayn pulls out of the hug, kissing the top of both Ethan's and Nathan's head. Nathan lets out a squeal, not liking the fact that Zayn was kissing him. This in turn earns a look from Zayn, but he chooses to just ignore Nathan's strange behavior for the most part. 

"I'll miss you too, bud. We'll be home in a few days though, so you need to be good for Grandma because she's going to tell us everything you do when she calls us." Zayn says, giving a pointed look at Nathan who just rolls his eyes. Zayn stands up as Louis walks into the front room, holding a smiling Quinn before he passes the little girl over to his mother. Louis joins Zayn by the front door, allowing Zayn to wrap an arm around his waist before the older of the two kisses the side of his head. 

"You boys have fun, wave goodbye to your parents kiddos." Johannah says, helping Quinn wave while Ethan and Nathan wave by themselves. Louis and Zayn say one more goodbye before Zayn drags Louis out of the front door. Zayn opens the car door for Louis once they reach the car, allowing the younger to climb in before he shuts it. Zayn runs over to his side before climbing in himself, turning on the car and pulling out the driveway. Zayn rests a hand on Louis' thigh, looking over at Louis who gives him a soft smile. 

"Are you excited?" Zayn asks, earning a shrug from Louis as he looks out the window.  Louis takes a moment to respond, his mind in a completely different place. 

"Yeah, I mean I love the kids but it'll be nice to just have some time for the both of us." Louis says, his voice quiet. He was once again contemplating on whether or not now was a good time to tell Zayn or not. The more he put it off, the more nervous he seemed to feel. He knew it was stupid, they were married now... but Louis still couldn't help but feel a little nervous.

"What's on your mind? You look out of it." Zayn finally asked when they stopped at a red light. Louis lets out a sigh, biting down on his bottom lip as he looks over at Zayn. He really should just tell Zayn, get it over and done with instead of waiting till the lost possible second. Louis was almost positive that if he didn't tell Zayn soon, Harry would accidentally let it slip because he just assumed that Louis had already told Zayn. 

"I uh... There's something I gotta tell you." Louis says, looking down at his hands because now he really couldn't bring himself to look at Zayn now. 

"What is it?" Zayn asks, breaking the silence that had fallen over the car for a moment. Louis takes a deep breath, closing his eyes as he does so. His hands were shaking a little right now, god he couldn't remember when he felt this nervous.

That was a lie, yesterday he was just this nervous... but for an entirely different reason. 

"Lou?" 

"I'm pregnant." Louis whispers but it wasn't loud enough for Zayn to hear him. Louis still refuses to look at Zayn, keeping his eyes shut as he tries to take some calming breaths. 

"What'd you say?" Zayn asks and Louis takes another deep breath.

"I'm pregnant." Louis says again, this time a little louder and Zayn falls silent for a moment. Louis risks a peek over at Zayn, expecting to be faced with an angry expression but Zayn wasn't even looking at him. That didn't make Louis feel any better though, especially when Zayn doesn't say anything for a little while. 

"How long have you known?" Zayn asks, breaking yet another silence that had fallen over the car. It wasn't helping Louis' nerves, not one bit. 

"Just a few days... I wasn't sure how to tell you, especially after what you said at the rehearsal dinner. I didn't want you to get angry... or anything like that." Louis says, once again refusing to look at Zayn even when he pulls over to the side of the road. 

"Lou, I'm not mad. Why the hell would I be mad? This is a good thing, a bit of a surprise but it's still a good thing. It just means that our little family is getting bigger." Zayn says, placing two fingers underneath Louis' chin and moving Louis' face up so that he's looking at Zayn again. Louis bites down on his bottom lip rather harshly, almost drawing blood. 

"You just kept saying how happy you were with what we have... I want us to be happy." Louis whispers, earning a soft chuckle from Zayn as he shakes his head.

"We are happy, alright? We are happily married, with three almost four beautiful children. I am over the moon and nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, is going to change that." Zayn says, grinning over at Louis who still seemed to be uneasy. 

"Is that a promise?" 

"Baby it's a guarantee." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it's about time Louis, jesus.

Dedication goes to LarryLoverSince2010

QOTC: so... how many babies do you think is going to be added to the Zouis family? 

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx