forty-five: one last thing

"What happened with Trisha?" Louis asks Zayn as they sit in the waiting room with Niall who had yet to move from his spot with Easton safe and secure in his arms. Zayn takes a deep breath, running his free hand through his hair as he does so. He wasn't exactly sure how to say what he had to say, the atmosphere of the room already so heavy as they wait for news on Harry. Zayn wasn't sure how Louis would react, hell he wasn't even sure how he himself was doing. He could still remember walking into her office, being completely taken aback at the scene of his mother laying face down on her desk in a pool of blood. He didn't understand it himself, she had everything... she took everything from him.

Yet in the end, she gave it all up. 

The more he thought about it, the less sense he could make of it all. He couldn't find any answers, wishing more than anything that he could. He had this feeling in his stomach that there was just something else up her sleeve, even if she was dead. 

"She's gone, that's all that matters." Zayn says quietly, holding Louis into his side as Louis gives him a look. Zayn could easily tell this wasn't going to be something Louis would just let go.

"What do you mean by gone?" Louis asks, earning another sigh from Zayn. 

"I don't... I don't want to talk about it right now, Lou. Right now I wanna just focus on the fact that you're okay, that our babies are okay, that everyone is okay." Zayn whispers, burying his face into Louis' hair as Louis gets ready to say something else but he was interrupted by a doctor walking into the room. 

"I'm assuming the three of you are here for Mr. Styles?" He asks, earning nods from everyone. Louis and Zayn stand up from their seats, joining Niall's side as he stops rocking Easton for the first time since he got him back. This earns a long whine from Easton who's only half asleep. 

"Is he alright?" Niall asks quietly, going back to rocking Easton as the baby falls back asleep in his arms. 

"He's just fine. A few bruises and a concussion but it's nothing he won't recover from. We want to keep him under observation for the next twenty-four hours and he's currently awake if you'd like to go say hello. I suggest only one or two of you for the time being... He's still a little out of it." The doctor says, smiling at them all as a relieved sigh passes over them. Niall doesn't waste any time in asking which room Harry was, heading straight towards it while Louis and Zayn stay behind. 

"Do you want to go see him?" Zayn asks Louis, earning a shake of the head from Louis. Zayn didn't even have to ask why, seeing how tired Louis was. Zayn couldn't blame him though, after everything they'd been through in the past twenty-four hours, Louis had every right to be tired.

"No... I think he needs sometime with Niall and Easton alone. We can come back tomorrow." Louis says quietly, grabbing Zayn's hand as he nods. Together the couple walked out of the hospital, Zayn holding onto Louis' hand a little tighter than usual. He doesn't leave Louis' side for the rest of the day, holding the younger boy closer to him as he continues to bury his face into Louis' neck. He had asked Jay to keep the kids for just a little longer, needing to spend the time he needed with Louis to convince himself this wasn't just some sick joke his mind was playing on him. 

Zayn doesn't let go of Louis until there was a knock on their door just after six that evening, noticing how Louis stiffens at the sound. Zayn kisses the side of his head before sliding out of the bed, making his way downstairs to the door. He wasn't that surprised to see the cop standing there.

"Evening officer." Zayn greets him, standing off to the side to allow the police man inside. 

"Is your husband here, Mr. Malik? I have some questions I'd like to ask him." He says once he's inside, looking around for Louis. 

"He's sleeping... It's been a very long day. Can't this wait till tomorrow?" Zayn asks, earning a look from the officer. Zayn wasn't really in the mood to deal with law enforcement right now, all he wanted to do was go back upstairs and crawl into bed with Louis once again. 

"The sooner we get this over with, Mr. Malik, the better. "

"I know that, but you need to understand the kind of trauma my husband has gone through. He needs rest... I can assure you that I'll bring him down to the station myself first thing tomorrow." Zayn says, earning a sigh from the officer who seems to be in agreement after that.

"I suppose that wo-" The officer is interrupted by the sound of Louis screaming from upstairs. Zayn doesn't even hesitate in running up there, throwing the bedroom door open to see Louis sitting up in the bed and staring at the bed sheets in complete horror. 

"What is it?! What's wrong?" Zayn asks in a rush, running to Louis' side and getting ready to pull Louis out of the bed. 

It was then when Zayn saw that the white sheets were nearly soaked with blood. 

--------------------------------------

oh man... i'm sorry that this chapter is short.

but i'll probs do a double update if you guys want it enough *wink* 

also. since this story is almost over... i need your guys' help picking people for the Nathan/Ethan spinoff. Like people to pick the characters. I already have Ethan, Nathan and Easton all picked out but I need someone for Quinn and idk who tbh haha. 

dedication goes to batman_hazza_

comment

and

vote

connie xx