forty: daddy dearest

"This isn't going to work. This is the stupidest plan that I ever heard and I've heard some pretty stupid plans." Harry says, giving both Liam and Zayn a look from the rear view mirror as he drives towards Zayn's office. 

"Well of course it's not going to work, especially with that kind of attitude." Liam points out, earning a glare from Harry before he slams on his breaks. Liam goes flying into the back seat, smashing his face into it and letting out a long groan.

"What was that for?" Liam asks, his voice coming out in a loud pitched whine as he starts to rub at his forehead. Harry doesn't even bother to hide the smirk on his face as he continues to drive, only just shrugging.

"My foot slipped." Harry says, earning a glare from Liam before he looks over at Zayn who's trying not to laugh at the rather large red mark on Liam's face. Liam hisses a little as he rubs at his face, there was definitely going to be a bruise there tomorrow.

"Like I was saying, this isn't going to work. She's not stupid enough to let this work." Harry says after a moment, pulling up to a red light turning around to look at the two in his backseat. 

"It's the best idea we've got, Harry. I don't know about you, but I don't really want to waste another day. The longer we wait, the better chance she has of leaving with both of them. I can't risk that and honestly I don't think you can either." Zayn says, straightening his tie as he gets ready to step out of the car as they were just a block or two from the building. It was his job to keep Trisha distracted while Liam and Harry got Louis out. Finding Easton wasn't going to be as easy though, for Liam was convinced that she was keeping the child elsewhere. It was Zayn's job to get where Trisha was keeping Easton and if they were lucky, he wasn't going to be all that far from where ever Louis was. 

"She's going to figure out what you're doing, Zayn." 

"I don't hear you suggesting anything else, Harry."  Zayn retorts and that seems to shut Harry up for a moment. Liam basks in the quiet, closing his eyes as a relieved sigh surpasses his lips only to regret it when Harry Harry slams on the breaks yet again. 

"Do you know how to f  ucking drive?" Liam curses out, glaring at Harry who's staring at the steering wheel to care.

"Should've worn your seat belt." Zayn says, snickering when Liam turns his glare on him. 

"We're here." He says, his voice coming out quiet but Zayn could hear the disappointed tone to it. Zayn didn't really see what he had to be upset about though, the plan would work. 

It had to work. 

-------------------------------

Louis sits alone in his designated room, taking in a deep breath as he looks out the window but there wasn't anything out there to really look at. He hated to admit it, but he was sort of missing Liam's company right about now. He at least provided some sort of break from all of this retched silence. Louis lets out a sigh, looking down at his little bump with a sad smile. 

"I really hope your daddy is alright, must be worried sick about us." Louis whispers, his voice coming out in a quiet croak as he speaks. He lets out a bitter laugh before shaking his head, biting down on his bottom lip as he tries to blink back tears. 

"You know, things were finally starting to look up for us. We were going to be happy, for the first time in nearly four years... actually happy. It was stupid of me to believe that could actually happen for us, it's like the universe itself is telling me that I should just give it all up." Louis lets out another laugh, throwing his head back as he starts to sniffle a little. He willed himself not to cry, he wouldn't give himself nor Liam the satisfaction of watching him cry. 

"I couldn't do it though, I could never give up what I have, not really anyways. I've tired, I've tried before and it didn't work out because something always brings me back where I belong. Something inside of me always yearns for your father. There's just something about him that makes every place I go with him feel like home. One day, I hope I get to tell you both and your other siblings about everything we went through to get to where we are. I hope that I get to tell you about how love isn't always perfect. It isn't like a fairy tale or a story book, and it doesn't always come easy. Love is overcoming obstacles, facing challenges, love is about fighting to be together, it's about holding on and never letting go. It's a short word, easy to spell, difficult to define and impossible to live without. Love is work, but most of all, love is realizing that every hour, every minute, and every second was worth it because we did it together. I can only hope that you both will know what it's like to find that person who is your home." Louis finally stops talking, his voice straining and he finally lets a few tears slide out of his eyes. He sits up straight when someone opens the door, rubbing at his eyes a little as he does so.

"Go away Liam, I'm not in the mood." He manages to get out, turning his attention to the door only to be surprised to see it wasn't Liam at the door. Louis' face pales when he recognizes the face from old photographs his mother used to keep around. 

"This has to be some sort of joke." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

mep.

don't know anymore.

eventually gonna end this book, promise. sorry it's dragging out or if it seems that way.

dedication goes to BrooklynWritings

comment

and

vote

connie xx