twenty-seven: ice cream and chicken nuggets

"Daddy, I want ice cream." Nathan says, looking up from his food and at Zayn who's feeding Quinn in that moment. Louis looks across the table at Nathan, arching an eyebrow  when he sees how little of his food Nathan had actually eaten. Ethan on the other hand was almost finished, making dinosaur noises with his last chicken nugget. 

"You can't have ice cream until your food is gone, Nathan." Louis points out, earning a glare from Nathan. It doesn't really bother Louis though, he was more than used to Nathan's glares by now. They seemed come with pretty much anything Louis said that Nathan didn't agree with, which lately felt like everything. 

"I do not want this food, I want ice cream." Nathan says, folding his arms over his chest as he looks at Louis who shakes his head at what his oldest was saying. Nathan had a new found attitude, one that Louis was slowly starting to deal with but he really wasn't in the mood to deal with it. 

"You need to eat all of your food first, Nathan. Once you've finished your dinner, you can have ice cream." Louis says, keeping his voice stern but Nathan just rolls his eyes in response as he throws his head back into the cushioned seat. Louis looks over at Zayn for some sort of support but he was too distracted in making Quinn laugh. Louis takes a deep breath before turning his attention back to Nathan who seemed to be protesting. Ethan was still making dinosaur noises, showing Nathan his chicken nugget but all Nathan did was glare. 

"Nathan, finish your dinner." Louis says quietly, looking at Nathan who is now refusing to look at Louis.

"I want ice cream." Nathan says stubbornly which really made Louis want to throw his hands up in exasperation. Zayn was still preoccupied 

"You can have ice cream if you finish your dinner. If you don't finish your dinner, you don't get ice cream. That's the rules." 

"I do not care. I want ice cream." Nathan grumbles, still refusing to look at Louis. He's watching Ethan intently as his younger brother pretends that his dinosaur was now an astronaut. Ethan's smiling though, quite enjoying playing with his food which was a bit uplifting considering Nathan's sour mood. Louis wasn't really sure what was going on with him, he'd been like this since he turned three. Nathan was always stubborn and sassy, but today seemed to be one of those days where it was a little worse than usual. 

"Then I guess you don't get ice cream and you can go to bed hungry." Louis says, giving up on trying to convince Nathan to eat. Louis rolls his eyes when Nathan continues to do what he's doing, letting out a long sigh as he leans against the back of his seat. Zayn seems to rejoin the table at that point, turning to look at Louis with a smile. 

"Everything alright?" Zayn asks, earning a shrug from Louis. Louis was tired and to be honest a little annoyed. 

"Nathan's just refusing to eat, nothing new there." And it's Louis' turn to grumble, folding his arms over his chest as he lets out a dramatic sigh. Zayn tries not to laugh at the fact that Louis and Nathan had the exact same expression on their faces. 

"Well maybe we should just get the rest to go then... Quinn's done and it looks like Ethan's eaten enough to where he can play with the last chicken nugget. You look absolutely exhausted and we need to talk." Zayn says quietly, looking at Louis with a reassuring smile which only earns a shrug from Louis. 

"Fine, that works. You get to tell your son he's not getting ice cream though, he's not listening to me." Louis says, motioning for Zayn to stand up so he could get out of the booth. Zayn does just that, standing off to the side as he watches Louis with a curious look.

"Where are you going?" Zayn asks, earning an eye roll from Louis.

"To the bathroom. You can deal with the kids by yourself for a few minutes, I'm sure you're more than capable." Louis says, walking away before Zayn got the chance to say anything. Zayn lets out a sigh before running a hand through his hair and turning to look at Nathan who was no longer glaring. 

"Daddy, can I have ice cream?" 

----------

Louis was just finishing up in the bathroom when his phone started to vibrate in his pocket. He grimaces before shaking his hands in hopes of getting some of the water off before he pulls out his phone. He doesn't bother looking at the caller I.D., placing the phone on his shoulder and leaning his head. 

"Hello?" Louis answers, reaching for the paper towels. 

"Lo-Louis?" It was Niall on the other end, his voice coming out strained and Louis knew something wasn't right. Niall never called him unless it had something to do with Harry... 

"Niall? What's wrong?" Louis asks, standing up straight and walking out of the bathroom in search of Zayn. Niall's crying on the other end of the phone now, which isn't helping the sick feeling in Louis' stomach. Zayn is just getting Quinn out of her high chair, looking over towards the bathroom to see Louis standing in front of it with a worried expression on his face. 

"Ha-Harry's in the hospital. Th-There's been an accident." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

daaaaaaaaaaamn.

idk what i'm doing.

flying by the seat of my pants cause that's what I do. 

holla.

dedication goes to ImmaLetItSlide

QOTC: what do you guys think happened to Harry?

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx